Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up S O T D Wednesday 2 September 2009

:wave::wave::wave:Good Morning everybody :wave::wave::wave:

Olivier Polge's
    DIOR HOMME INTENSE

Christian Dior
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: S O T D Wednesday 2 September 2009

Good morning! I may not be checking in for a while in the near future, as my
    Mum is in hospital and I am going to go and stay with my Dad to help out.
    They don't have an internet connection or a laptop.
    I need something to give me courage - Aomassai10 may do the trick!
    Last edited by kewart; 2nd September 2009 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Wishing you well!

- - -

Green Irish Tweed (Creed)

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Sending lots of positive thoughts your way Kewart!

Today I'm road testing Vetiver Extraordinaire, definitely a curious beast!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Tom Ford for Men. Kewart - I hope your mum gets well soon.

Top notes: Lemon Leafs, Violet, Ginger, Bergamot, Basil, Mandarin Orange

Middle notes: Orange Blossom, Black Pepper, Tobacco, Grapefruit, Blossom

Base notes: Amber, Cedar, Patchouli, Vetiver, Moss, Leather, Cypriol

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Take care of yourself too, kewart. Hugs

Today's is Bois d'Argent. Curious misty little thing, but quite nice.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Sending good thoughts to Kewart. It is now well past my bedtime here, so I suppose I should try to get some shut eye. . . . Will probably wear OJ Woman again later today.

Take care, all.

Sorry to hear that your Mum is unwell, Kewart. I do hope she gets better soon. Big hugs.

I'm in Opium Fleur de Shanghai again, in a desperate bid to cling onto the final vestiges of summer. Gotta love it. Knocks spots off the original, IMHO.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Hugs to kewart!

I´m wearing Fleurissimo today. This must be the ultimate "put as many flowers as you can in it" perfume.
    Beautiful, though.

The weather? Rain, rain & more rain. :brolly:
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

((((((Kewart and Mum and Dad )))))
    My thoughts are with you, darling.

Happy 19th birthday to J, our youngest !
    Very harried yesterday, w/ more harried today-
    As I juggle doctor appointments, 4 hour cake prep, several hour dinner prep.

On an up note-
    I ADORE this weather !
    Slept in Samsara perfume last night- sooo cosy.

Nahema splurge today- for good cheer.

Love to all you angels....

Healing energy streaming to Kewart and fambly.

Roberto - your pix are the BEST.

Share: switched to the amazing Orazuli yesterday and the nice shy young man building my Subway sandwich offered "You smell WONderful."!! Made my whole day.

Chiwwy here too, and headed only for the low 80s. Calls for strong measures - namely:

THE most amazing fougere...I owe Mario for this one.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Hearty Welcome to our new members, there were three of them yesterday and I suppose it is the Meetups to be partly blamed -- people saw how much fun BNers had together!

Hugs to kewart, happy birthday to Chaya's J.! I also was thinking about the sweet Nahema, but decided in favor of OJ Ta'if, so I am the house twin with Leesee.

Guys, please have a look at a Resurrecting Blind Sniff thread, we need the question about "on or around September 15th" answered. Thanks to an_oud_girl for supporting us there.

Angelique Noir for some calm during a crazy day!

Hugs and positive thoughts for you Kewart! Happy birthday to J, Chaya.

Was debating whether or not Boudoir would be a little too naughty for uni. But I succumbed to wearing it again. Switched to Versace Woman in the afternoon.

Hope all goes well with your mum, Kewart, and that it won't be too stressful a time. Hugs to you.

I am scent twins (partially!) with Soirdelune, having been decanting Opium Fleur de Shanghai this morning.

I am also wearing the final sample from DarkDreams, which escaped my attention yesterday due to its extreme flat-and-in-a-sachet-ness - Yves Rocher's Iris Noir. Very pretty it is too, and I am liking it more than my FB of Voile d'Ambre that is languishing in my beer chiller. There is someone else - Veuve? - who has an albatross bottle of this, as I recall.

Otherwise I am also in Penhaligon Lily & Spice (more Eau de Decant), and that appears to be it so far.

Ubuandibeme, you are currently sitting in my intray (the Mohammed and the coffee bean shots), awaiting a trip to my hairdresser for my next head of highlights. The back of my head - and the rather uniform and dull brownness of my hair - may be seen in the Les Senteurs photo taken by Nukapai, so I reckon I could really do with having an "Ubu" - tawny highlights may turn out to tomorrow's "Jennifer Aniston"....
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 2nd September 2009 at 11:40 AM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

A sunny day in my part of Norway
    I'm wearing Philosykos today.
    Have a great day
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

Amouage Lyric Woman

Dear Kewart, my best wishes for her speedy recovery!

Today I am in an old love: Ralph Lauren Romance
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Kewart my thoughts are with you.
    Happy Birthday J! Chaya will be cooking up a storm for you in a rose-smelling cloud.

I'm also in Guerlain this chilly morning

Guerlain Philtre D'Amour

I've always liked Eau de Guerlain but I'm not the biggest fan of it. It's certainly not a five-star scent in my rankngs. I always wanted a little more bite to it and a little more depth. Little did I know that all I had to do was work my way down the Guerlain catalog to "P". There I would find the 1999 release by Jean-Paul Guerlain, Philtre D'Amour. Philtre D'Amour works better for my sensibilities as I like sharper edges around my citrus and the feel of Philtre D'Amour is like something worn in the nighttime versus Eau de Guerlain's happy daytime brightness. Just like Eau de Guerlain, Philtre D'Amour begins with lemon but it is paired with a lovely green verbena which hones the edges of the lemon. Both scents use jasmine in the heart but again I prefer the use of petitgrain and myrtle in Philtre D'Amour as it takes this scent in a much more green direction and, for me, keeps the jasmine in better balance. The green accords remain as Philtre D'Amour progresses into the base and they are joined by musk and patchouli. Overall Philtre D'Amour is a much greener scent than Eau de Guerlain and I prefer it for that reason. Philtre D'Amour is a typical Guerlain with good longevity and good sillage. It is funny that Philtre D'Amour is considered a feminine scent because in many ways I think it is more masculine than Eau de Guerlain. Both scents have their time and place but if I'm picking one give me Philtre D'Amour.

Have a Wild Wednesday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Hugs to you, kewart...I'm sure having you there will be a great comfort for your mum.

It's back-to-school open house for my littlest one today, so I'm in Daim Blond. For some reason this scent became my mommy-help fragrance last spring, and now that is my association for it. I haven't smelled it in months, and it is like an old friend. Definitely gives me a back-to-school vibe!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

New members-
    Welcome !
    [Busy yesterday- just saw your faces ;-) ! ]

Any birthdays I missed...hope they were brilliant !

Hope all goes with your Mom kewart.

Welcome to the new peeps too! I still feel pretty new most days, as my "must try" list seems to grow exponentially

Today I'm enjoying Bois 1920 Sutra Ylang. I think this would smell oh yeah yummy on the DH.

Though I will admit I'm stalking the postal dude, as my Musc Ravageur will be here.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Kewart, my dear: you are such a good person, take good care of yourself.

I am wearing Bois Farine.

Kewart (((hugs))) to you and your dad. I hope your mother will be ok.

Soirdelune, I’m going to give Opium Fleurs de Shanghai a testing based on your raves. I love the original but it never seemed to love me as much as it did others.

Happy Birthday to Chaya’s youngest!

I was admiring Ubu’s hair in the pics, too. Not only very pretty highlights, but so shiny and glossy!
    Ubu, we just think you're gorgeous all 'round.

It’s another chilly morning, so chypres are calling: I’m trying Estee Lauder’s Private Collection Jasmine & White Moss again from my sample. This is soooo lovely. I’m trying to figure out why I’m still sitting on the fence about it. Just being ornery I suppose.

Have a good one!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 2nd September 2009 at 12:36 PM.

Thinking good thoughts for Kewart & family

Wearing the soft feminine sleeper of powdery femininity that is MPG Magnolia Pourpre. Lots of "mmm what are you wearing" with this one. Gorgeous.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Wearing Ormonde Man today.
    Last edited by kbe; 3rd September 2009 at 01:24 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus

(((((30 Roses))))) Just saw your post from yesterday. You are in my thoughts.

Hugs to (((((Kewart and family))))) as well. Wishing your mother a quick and full recovery, dear.

Chayale, sending lots of birthday smooches to your sweet J. I LOVE that kid! xxxooo

Welcome to all new members!

Alexander McQueen Kingdom, fantastic in this cool and clear weather we're having today.

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Kewart - take care of yourself and your folks. All the best.

Brielle - I've heard good things about Yon-ka. Yesterday's allergic episode was me slapping on a sample of "blemish" killer without looking at the ingredients.

Benzoyl Peroxide + me = itchy skin & swollen eyes. Real attractive.
    Thankfully - I have no one I need to impress at work

Still cool today - Rochas Femme
    Which reminds me of Mitsouko in its musty rich fruity powderiness. Especially at the top.

Definitely NOT something I can personally wear everyday. I feel like I should be dressing more like Dita Von Teese and less like the cardigan-wearing IT slob in the cube with rashy skin.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Best wishes to your mom, Kewart--I hope she recovers soon!
    Hugs to 30 Roses, Happy Birthday to Mr. Elf and J, and welcome new members...hugs for whatever reason...

Today is going to be a long day, and I am planning on wearing Chanel No.19.

Sending good thoughts to Kewart!

I suppose I should dig into that vat of Fracas I bought yesterday, but instead I am going with Bois et Musc. I have a problem with Atlas cedarwood; it can smell of cheese to me, and if it doesn't smell of cheese it smells charred. Bois et Musc was the frag in the Bois series in which I had the least interest, until some came my way. Now, predictably, I want a bottle.

Almost got swayed by tdem's Kingdom and think I will have to break it out later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by sakecat22 View Post
    Still cool today - Rochas Femme
    Which reminds me of Mitsouko in its musty rich fruity powderiness. Especially at the top.

Definitely NOT something I can personally wear everyday. I feel like I should be dressing more like Dita Von Teese and less like the cardigan-wearing IT slob in the cube with rashy skin.
    ScentSis I'd love to see this. You would carry thjs off with a wry attitude that would be brilliant.
    Maybe you would be Dita von Femme Fatale.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I suppose I should dig into that vat of Fracas I bought yesterday, but instead I am going with Bois et Musc.
    You know when you want a fragrance, and all of a sudden you just read it everywhere?

It's like that Chanel Egoiste add with everyone yelling "Egoiste!!" but instead all I hear is "Fracas!!"

LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Feeling incredibly lazy today....gotta get cracking! Wearing Opium Fleur de Shanghai like some other lovely ladies here today ;-)

Kewart, wishing your mother good health, and good strength to you and your father.

Happy birthday to Chaya's young son and many happy returns.

Have a great day everyone :-)
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Kewart, I hope everything goes fine with your mother. We'll be missing you these days.
    I'm wearing one of the treasures I bought in London: Boadicea's Adventuress (I couldn't resist one of those Celtic round bottles, aren't I frivolous?) The notes are: bergamot, mandarin, peach, sandalwood and musk. Not a masterpiece, but nice to wear at work.

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    You know when you want a fragrance, and all of a sudden you just read it everywhere?

It's like that Chanel Egoiste add with everyone yelling "Egoiste!!" but instead all I hear is "Fracas!!"
    Yes, we've been raising a ruckus over Fracas around here lately. Love your pic on your SotD. Just beautiful!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 2nd September 2009 at 01:57 PM.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

30 Roses, kewart, wrap your arms around yourself and let us hold you for a minute.

Wearing easy, breezy, beautiful Nanadebary Green and tearing myself away from BN so I can accomplish something/anything today.

Basenotes Institution

Thinking of you Kewart !

Scent of the morning is Fracas- I couldn't let you folks down now , could I ?
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I hope your mum is ok Kewart, thinking of you all.

Ormonde Woman for me today, lifting the greyness a little, It is amazingly gloomy here.

Ambre Gris - Balmain

First of all a big hug to Kewart! Sotd is Hypnotic Poison.

Wishing Kewart's mom a speedy and complete recovery. Hope you and dad take care too.

Beautiful sunny day, a light breeze. I wish I had had more of these this summer instead of the soggy ones, but will enjoy it as best I can. Typing out on the patio with iced tea, wearing Moon Sparkle, which I wore to sleep. Will switch before work. JL Scherrer I think.

Layered Davies Gate BlissBloom and DewDrop

Thumbs up Re: S O T D Wednesday 2 September 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Healing energy streaming to Kewart and fambly.

Roberto - your pix are the BEST.

Share: switched to the amazing Orazuli yesterday and the nice shy young man building my Subway sandwich offered "You smell WONderful."!! Made my whole day.

Chiwwy here too, and headed only for the low 80s. Calls for strong measures - namely:

THE most amazing fougere...I owe Mario for this one.
    Thanks very much sweet Taolady...also yours are the BEST....
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! SOTD for me is Montale's Aoud Red Flowers. Perfect for the cooling weather.

Chanel no.5 Eau premiere.
    This morning we had heavy rain! Then the clouds dissappeared, and now it's quite nice.

Have a nice wednesday evening!
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell

Madness Natural Black by Chopard
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

The cooler weather has me wearing a favorite from B&BW, Black Raspberry Vanilla silk splash (which is actually a spray, go figure.) I like this formulation; the EdT has too much vanilla for me.

This is really the only B&BW scent I wear. I do have a few others in my wardrobe but I do not seem to wear them, so I may start using them as air deodorizers!

Chanel's Egoiste

Good morning, all. Kewart, my hug is on its way across the sea. Please keep us informed!

The notes and pictures from the Boston BN Meet-up reminded me that I REALLY need to order a bottle of Hologram from Neil Morris. I'm using up the rest of my sample today and I'm still drawn to it as strongly as ever. I love every stage, from the bright citrus opening to the rounded purple-y pulp in the middle to the warmly sensuous finish. Listed notes from the NM website are yuzu, black currant, violet, fig, sea moss, amber, incense, and musk.

P.S. Twolf, you smell particularly dazzling in your Ta'if. Love that one!
    Last edited by Haunani; 2nd September 2009 at 04:56 PM.

I had to shower off the Jasmine & White Moss. It's just not me, and I was beginning to feel very depressed today. I'm now wearing Marc Jacobs Lemon splash, and I feel 100% better. Isn't that odd? Maybe it's the shower, or maybe it's the fragrance, and I'm probably just a lightweight, but I feel so much lighter of heart now. Lemon reminds me of CKOne, which I wore in 1997 (I think it was). In addition to citrus, there's something cottony about it like sun-dried laundry. It might be that aldehyde that smells like "steam rising off of a shirt that's being ironed". This is a perfect easy day fragrance for me. Ah! (sigh of relief!)
    Last edited by lilybelle; 2nd September 2009 at 05:48 PM.

G-L: A pair doxies! (I had two standards, who just passed away within the last few weeks. they were 16 and 14, but we lost them both. Yours are really cute!)
    SOTD: EL Bronze Goddess. Still steamy here in Florida.

Howdies to all the new members!

Today was a day for AdP Profumo, lovely indeed.

Kewart, keeping you in my thoughts.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Hello dear BNers, with a warm welcome hug to our new folks & an extra big hug for Kewart....

SotD for me both yesterday and today is AG Rose Absolue.

Yesterday, it took on a funny sharpness (hasn't happened before) - so today I'm trying again...perhaps it is just one that doesn't stand up well in September heat and humidity?

Hope you all have a great day...

Rive Gauche

Welcome Diorissimo.
    Sending healing thoughts to the ill and stressed.

Acca Kappa White Moss on this sunny afternoon.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Basenotes Institution

This afternoon it's Opium extrait.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Warm Vanilla Sugar for the afternoon
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

NR For Her edt again and tested YSL Elle this afternoon. Elle didn't leave much of an impression last time I tested it but today I'm really loving it. Reminds me of Bond No.9 Bryant Park but with better lasting power and more 'oomph' for want of a better word!

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Ange ou Demon today.

Best of luck to your mom, kewart. I hope she feels better soon.
    I've trademarked the color bleu