Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: S O T D Wednesday 2 September 2009

Was in Poole for work again for the last 2 days; forgot to pack perfume (ahahaha) and luckily had an atomiser of Le Chevrefeuille in my pocket. So, there we go. However, on the way home I had a strong craving for Tam Dao (when I say craving - there was a moment when I smelled it; the weirdo phantosmia-experience again). So I'll spray it to bed tonight.

Kewart, I really hope things go well and that this is a bump on the road, nothing more. Wishing you all well.

It's definitely lovely to see so many new people de-lurking. More, please!

SotE is my Musc Ravageur, which came today. OMG, this just makes my eyes roll back in my head, weak in the knees in olfactory heaven. I don't know if this is my Holy Grail, but it is definitely going in my Top Three (so far anyway ).

Many many kudos to the generous ((twolf)) who gave me my first huff of this gem.
    Last edited by Outlandish; 2nd September 2009 at 11:48 PM. Reason: caint speil
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Armani Attitude Extreme
    Gary

Blog Entries

Hi all!

Today's SOTD has been my first test of Donna Karen DK Men Unleaded. An incredibly nice Basenoter included a sample of this as a bonus in a swap, but I managed to forget who it came from in a fit of excess swapping...

I went into this not knowing what to expect, but it's actually a really nice cedar and pipe tobacco. Seriously, this is probably the best under-$20 frag I've ever tried. So thank you very very much to the mystery gifter...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and last night's SOTE was a re-test of Tom Ford Amber Absolute.

Um, no. I still don't like it. Kind of like butterscotch candy meets medicine meets something plasticky.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Bond No. 9 Wall Street tonight, from a sample
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Wore L'Or de Torrente in the afternoon.

((((Kewart)))) sweety I wish i was there to give you a huge hug, i know how much we need them in times like these. I hope your mum will be right-as-rain very soon. Hope you and your dad will keep each others spirits lifted.

Chaya, did you give the birthday boy a big hug and smooch from me? I hope so, mazel-tov!!! Now take it easy, you do so much.

Today i wore Billet-Doux by Fragonard, it is so sweet and serene, just a gloriously gentle fragrance.
    Tonight i am wearing Emilie by Fragonard in all its floral glory it is just rich and sumptuous, believe it or not. It really is rich and sumptuous, even though it is a floral all the way, it is as if you shoved your face in to an enormous bouquet and just took the deepest breath. Mmmmm

I hope everyone will be well, love and hugs for all of you.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Chiming in a bit late! I've been through several scents today; most of the day I wore Déclaration (even got a compliment, which is a rare thing for me).

Around dinnertime I sprayed on some PdN Eau d'Été, and now i've applied some Al-Rehab Lansy oil to my forearms. Bliss! These are all great in this heat.

Hi Enorena and welcome, sorry i am late in welcoming you. What is PdN Eau d'été like? I did not like many of her softer scents, Sacre Bleu is one of my favorites, so i am curious of this one.

Blog Entries

Hi all and welcome, of course to enorena!

Tonight's SOTE is a re-test of Guerlain Sous Le Vent.

The powder in this really turned me off the first time I tried this, but I was determined to give it another try.

The top was herbal citrus, chypre-style, before the aforementioned powder crept in, hiding some clove underneath it. As the top has faded, a pleasant mossy base has come in. rounding out the powdery cloves.

This is nice, and quite strong in the heat, but not my style at all...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post
    Hi Enorena and welcome, sorry i am late in welcoming you. What is PdN Eau d'été like? I did not like many of her softer scents, Sacre Bleu is one of my favorites, so i am curious of this one.
    Thanks for the welcome! Eau d'Été is a refreshing jasmine and citrus scent that is among my favorite summertime staples. I am usually not a citrus fan, but in this the citrus is not overpowering at all, and on me it is really more of a floral, slightly musky scent. It's not at all like Sacre Bleu, but it's a very likeable scent. I guess it does fall into the "soft" categoy, which I usually do not like, so maybe you'd like this too.

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    Hi all and welcome, of course to enorena!

Tonight's SOTE is a re-test of Guerlain Sous Le Vent.

The powder in this really turned me off the first time I tried this, but I was determined to give it another try.

The top was herbal citrus, chypre-style, before the aforementioned powder crept in, hiding some clove underneath it. As the top has faded, a pleasant mossy base has come in. rounding out the powdery cloves.

This is nice, and quite strong in the heat, but not my style at all...
    Hi A., and thanks! I sniffed SLV last weekend in NM and liked it very much - the SA showed me the bottle and I almost bought it on the spot, it was so classically beautiful! I might need to sample this...or maybe it's best that I not!

Such a beautiful day, the night air is cool and clean. Will sleep in VC&A First Premier Bouquet, which turns out to be a lovely green scent.

SotN is Shalimar extrait...but after reading Frowned Upon's beautiful post on Vol de Nuit in the Hong Kong meetup thread, I wish I had worn VdN!

Basenotes Institution

Well I will be sleeping in Fracas tonight .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Thanks Enorena, wish i knew where they sold PdN in the New England area, it sounds like something i would enjoy; i am a slave to jasmin.

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post
    Thanks Enorena, wish i knew where they sold PdN in the New England area, it sounds like something i would enjoy; i am a slave to jasmin.
    There's always luckyscent!

Flowerbomb
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com