Code of Conduct

Thread: PMs gone Weird

Default PMs gone Weird

A pm was forwarded to my email and shows up as a notification but does not show up in my inbox. Most odd!!
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Default Re: PMs gone Weird

Its still showing one unread message in my notifications but it has never appeared in my inbox despite being forwarded to my email???
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

reviews

Are you sure it's a PM? I had a similar conffusion recently and spent little time trying to find where it vanished -- it turned out to be a "Visitor message", the messages you see when you view your profile page.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Thanks Amit. Yes, sure. The weird thing is the system forward the message to my email, but it never aapeared in my inbox and my notifications still think it is there, unread.

reviews

I had the same thing happen to me last week. I had just about written it off as a phantom message, but then (after I'd forgotten about it), I clicked my User CP link (I think?), and above the list of Subscribed Threads with new posts, it showed a PM that I had apparently never clicked on. Once I opened that message, my unread message count went back to 0.

I'm not sure if it was the User CP page or not, but somehow, I ended up on a page of notification messages that showed I had one PM still unread.

I had all my PM's disappear a couple weeks ago. It's possible I just pressed the wrong button but I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me last week. I had just about written it off as a phantom message, but then (after I'd forgotten about it), I clicked my User CP link (I think?), and above the list of Subscribed Threads with new posts, it showed a PM that I had apparently never clicked on. Once I opened that message, my unread message count went back to 0.

I'm not sure if it was the User CP page or not, but somehow, I ended up on a page of notification messages that showed I had one PM still unread.
    Thanks - still no luck!

reviews

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Happened to me. I had a PM to a Basenoter arrive severely truncated. Unusual..never before or since.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon