Code of Conduct

Default Acqua di Parma Colonia

I decided to purchase a bottle of Acqua di Parma Colonia from Beauty Encounter and it arrived today. I must say it is a wonderful blend of citrus, rose, and musk. I would like to thank all of the traditional cologne advocates on basenotes that pointed me in the right direction on this one. AdP is no bargain, but the price is well worth it.

Default Re: Acqua di Parma Colonia

Glad you're happy and another fan for AdP. It's a must in any cologne lover's wardrobe.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

You'll be happy with it. Then once give a try to Assoluta, too.

It is great stuff. Congrats on the purchase!

Congrats!

I agree that Colonia Assoluta definitely lasts longer and has a bit more to it, though the citrus isn't as bright as it is in Colonia.

If you love the genre, I might suggest Villoresi Uomo or Acqua di Colonia for an even fuller experience... the latter is not discontinued, as the_good_life mentions in his review. It seems to make use of more naturals than AdP Colonia and has an even sharper citrus, if that's possible. Uomo has sandalwood and vetiver in it to really make it a beautiful classic - like Armani Eau Pour Homme only much, much better.

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    I decided to purchase a bottle of Acqua di Parma Colonia from Beauty Encounter and it arrived today. I must say it is a wonderful blend of citrus, rose, and musk. I would like to thank all of the traditional cologne advocates on basenotes that pointed me in the right direction on this one. AdP is no bargain, but the price is well worth it.

BINGO

Why is it that in Colonia I smell vetiver? None of the sources I've seen say vetiver is a note, but to my nose I smell it.

It has that same harsh opening as Eau Sauvage that I love, but is it worth the big bucks? I've heard mixed opinions on longevity.

At what point in the development do you smell the vetiver, Bingo? Perhaps you are reading the rosemary as vetiver - there are certainly some similarities, especially when the rosemary is muted as it is in Colonia.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Colonia is one of those fragrances that pleases me on every level. I love the simplicity of the packaging, even the bottle is delightfully minimalistic. Given the its beauty in full bloom, I really don't mind topping it up again half way through the day.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the AdP. It's a beautiful scent. Don't be surprised if you get compliments saying you've got good taste.

I'm interested in how much longevity you get out of it, though. Most BNers have said it doesn't last long, but for some reason I get a good 8 hours out of it. I find it very strong for an EDC.

For what it's worth Shamu, I too get about 8 or so hours out of it, with decent projection all the while.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I am happy for you, bokaba!

Sur la Plage

Congrats! It's a classic - You can't go wrong with it IMO.

I personally get decent longevity out of it - more then other "traditional" EDCs.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 3rd September 2009 at 12:31 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    Congrats!

If you love the genre, I might suggest Villoresi Uomo for an even fuller experience... Uomo has sandalwood and vetiver in it to really make it a beautiful classic - like Armani Eau Pour Homme only much, much better.

Is this a safe blind buy? Is it truly similar to Armani pour homme?

BINGO

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    At what point in the development do you smell the vetiver, Bingo? Perhaps you are reading the rosemary as vetiver - there are certainly some similarities, especially when the rosemary is muted as it is in Colonia.
    Just the opening for around a hour or so. The dry down it disappears on paper and skin for me.

I'll give it another try.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    It's a great light summery citrus scent and a favorite, yet nothing is a safe blind buy, IMHO. Many Nordstroms, Neimans and Saks carry it.
    Last edited by adonis; 3rd September 2009 at 02:23 PM.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

AdP Colonia's opening rocks better than that of Eau Sauvage imo. A fine buy.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Villoresi Uomo? To me it's in the same genre as Armani PH and AdP Colonia - though quite a bit more complex and enjoyable. I would say if you enjoy either the AdP or Armani you'll love LV Uomo or Acqua di Colonia.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post