Code of Conduct

Default Tried Rose 31 today

L.O.V.E IT

Finally a rose scent that's not too rosy. I am getting a bit of a AdP Intensa from it, some woody note,very classy, but unlike Intensa which I find a tad cloying, Rose 31 is...just right.
    Very good longevity and sillage, too.

Any fans out there? what other Le Labos are worth checking out? thanks for suggestions

Default Re: Tried Rose 31 today

I love it too, CDG.

Rose 31 has rather a "stealth" quality on me. After the top notes burn off, it goes dormant for a bit, to the point where I think it's gone. Then, a sneakily sensual musk blossoms out and stays until it's all over. I don't seem to bring out the cumin note that others have either enjoyed or reviled.

IMO Rose 31 is simply the best masculine rose out there. On me soapy roses "bloom" and I smell like I just rolled around in a rose bush, it's not exactly something I really care for. Rose 31 on the other hand, has a beautiful rose note, but it isn't ALL about the rose, it's incredibly well blended in with everything else. My favorite Le Labo other than Rose 31 is Bergemotte, however not enough to own it.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

31 is over rated to me.

I looove Rose 31, have been saving for the past month or so to get the US$200 together for a full bottle. It has this dry, dusty desert spice about it (in the same vein as Palisander I'd say) that makes it my ultimate hot weather choice. I normally hate the hot weather, and I'm currently drowning in Diptyque's L'eau de Tarocco, but for the odd days when it is blisteringly hot and I'm actually enjoying myself in an outdoor cafe or at university, Rose 31 is the business.

The only other Le Labo I really like is Patchouli 27, but I never wear it out. I love its burnt plastic mustiness, but I don't know anyone else (personally) who enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by cmax View Post
    31 is over rated to me.
    It is overrated isn't it? It's nice nonetheless, but I definetely wasn't moved enough to purchase a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by CDG View Post
    L.O.V.E IT

I am getting a bit of a AdP Intensa from it, some woody note,very classy, but unlike Intensa which I find a tad cloying, Rose 31 is...just right.

Any fans out there? what other Le Labos are worth checking out? thanks for suggestions
    Yes indeed, I've grown to like it even more than Intensa. They both share the cedar drydown, but Rose 31 does it just a bit better. A standout fragrance which works well in all kinds of weather.

The Le Labo SA had me sample some of the Vetiver perfume. Normally I'm not a Vetiver fan at all but I really liked this as well.
    Last edited by adonis; 4th September 2009 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Yes indeed, I've grown to like it even more than Intensa. They both share the cedar drydown, but Rose 31 does it just a bit better. A standout fragrance which works well in all kinds of weather.

The Le Labo SA had me sample some of the Vetiver perfume. Normally I'm not a Vetiver fan at all but I really liked this as well.
    I liked Vetiver 46 a lot until I tried Chanel's Sycamore, which kind of blew it out of the water haha. Give it a try!

I love it as well. My favorite from the whole line.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Sycamore and Vetiver 46 are worlds apart.

I've heard Intensa compared to R31 before but I don't really know what similarity you're speaking of. I think Rose 31 might be overrated, but that only makes it an extremely good fragrance, and not the best ever. Highly recommended.
    If you see this, please be warned that my wardrobe is woefully out of date. It may never be updated. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, but be warned!

Quote Originally Posted by nwatts88 View Post
    I liked Vetiver 46 a lot until I tried Chanel's Sycamore, which kind of blew it out of the water haha. Give it a try!

Thanks, will do

I love it too and really enjoy wearing it. Very well blended and the various facets come out based on my application method and place.
    Vetiver, Labdanum, and Iris are all great too but I had to limit myself and the clear choice for me was Rose 31.

In all my niche explorations, Rose 31 continues to be one of the few that has retained a top spot as both being incredibly satisfying as a unique composition while also being satisfying as a wearable fragrance. My other favorite from the line is Patchouli 24. I still haven't smelled anything quite like Patch 24. Again, unique but satisfyingly wearable.

Rose 31 is awesome....I just wish it had better projection & longevity though....I still love it despite its shortcomings.

The others that one can try from this line are

Patchouli 24...very revolutionary IMO....after wearing this you'd smell like, as if you've walked through a burning forest....the dry down becomes sweet with the appearance of vanilla....It's a must try for people who like unconventional fragrances./

Oud 27....unwiped 'ass'....dirty.....butt.....that's what it is like, initially....it perhaps changes later...but I don't quite like it....even longevity is dismal....not acceptable due to the high price we pay for it....