Code of Conduct

Default Appreciation Thread #11 : Tokyo by Kenzo (including Youtube review link)

Tokyo by Kenzo (2007)

Hi guys another review for everyone. I'm not sure how many BN'ers actually tested this one out or has tried it, but let me know in the comments section, let me know what you think or either the fragrance or my youtube review. Either or is fine with me.

Toyko is a fragrance I got when I was overseas and I really do enjoy it, and it actually made me really intrested in other Kenzo scents. It is my only scent from that house at the moment but I will be looking to purchase others. I will start putting numbers on these threads so we all know where I am on how many I have reviewed ,again link at the bottom of this post for the video .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug1Qpjg8ai8

Default Re: Appreciation Thread #11 : Tokyo by Kenzo (including Youtube review link)

I love your intro music As I've found out many, many members on here are into electronic music. I've always wondered what the correlation could be.

Another great review by the way! You must have a lot of money I tried Kenzo Power and would be a fantastic spring fragrance.

Default Re: Appreciation Thread #11 : Tokyo by Kenzo (including Youtube review link)

My first Kenzo was Power. It is a well blended unisex floral which makes me keen to test out others in Kenzo's stable. Thanks for the review. Will put Tokyo on my test list.

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    I love your intro music As I've found out many, many members on here are into electronic music. I've always wondered what the correlation could be.

Another great review by the way! You must have a lot of money I tried Kenzo Power and would be a fantastic spring fragrance.
    Gotta love that electronic music to keep you going during the day lol

Kenzo really got me with Tokyo, so I will be checking out at least two more Kenzo Frags. before the year is done.

Quote Originally Posted by L"homme View Post
    Gotta love that electronic music to keep you going during the day lol

Kenzo really got me with Tokyo, so I will be checking out at least two more Kenzo Frags. before the year is done.
    Ohh yes! Exactly Yeah I've only tried Kenzo Pour Homme Fresh.. which was alright. More or less just an average aquatic, but Power really struck me. I've never smelled a floral fragrance for men.

Definitely try Kenzo Power...

Basenotes Institution

Tokyo is one of the few fragrances that I have tried at Sephora (over the many years I have been dropping into that store to sample fragrances all of the time) that literally made me nauseous and wanted to scrub off when I sprayed it on. Horrible stuff. No offense to it's fans, but I just thought it was vile stuff. Horribly synthetic smelling.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 4th September 2009 at 04:19 AM.
    Currently wearing: Bois de Mysore by Mizensir

Like alot of the posts here, I'd definitely say give Kenzo Power a shot, I love that fizzy citrus opening, and the floral heart is really really nice. a good pick me up on those dreadful monday mornings.

oh, and thanks for the review, I've seen all your reviews and I particularly like the bits about the frag's longevity and sillage, a bit more on the how the frag smells itself would be great though.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Dependent

This and Kenzo Power are 2 of the better ones from the house Kenzo PH is not bad too. Thanks for the review. There are no brakes in your fragrance truck
    Currently wearing: Chergui by Serge Lutens

Kenzo Tokyo and Kenzo Air are my two faves. Cool review.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

I have this and like it.....wish it lasted longer....it just might be me.....this just has no lasting power.
    Gary

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Great review! It's interesting - I've always concentrated so hard on the woody note that I love, that I never realized that, on the whole, it is a bit spicy, especially at first.

I was totally LOL about your having trashed the Play box with JT on it. I think it was the way you said it so casually - it just struck me as hilarious. I've actually come to like JT a bit as he's gotten older, but it was still a hoot. Now I do have to admit - the Play ad in GQ where he's slouching in first class / private jet - he just looks sharp. Great ad.

Tokyo is definitely one of my faves. I think Power is a better fragrance, but I'm just addicted to the woody note in Tokyo. I can sniff it all day. I get mega-longevity from this one, but I agree that a noon refresher is worth it, because those top notes are awesome.

PS - Nice lighting in the vid!
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Hugo Element by Hugo Boss

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Nice review, L'Homme.

You really should try Kenzo Power.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!
    Currently wearing: Duel by Annick Goutal

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Very nice review. Of the 9 Kenzos I have in my collection, Tokyo is among the top.

Dependent

I own only one Kenzo so far, and that is Tokyo.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Would like to see a review of Kenzo power in the future to see what the OP thinks of it.