Code of Conduct

Default When a deodorant stick outperforms its fragrance

My word, we do indulge in some esoteric topics and this one should come as no surprise.

I've been struggling with the idea of buying the Guerlain homme edt but to no avail. It's just not worth the money for the little longevity it offers. And now comes the Guerlain Homme Intense version and I'd say it fails equally. (Guerlain could have taken cues from Dior Homme Intense and Opium Homme eau de parfum.)

But I must say that after months of noticing my partner's Guerlain homme deo stick I'm apt to say that this is a case where the deo outperforms the product-leader, the fragrance for which the deo was created. The mojito accord (a really lame note to exploit) does maintain a noticeable projection.

Any other similar experiences out there?
    Last edited by graffham; 3rd September 2009 at 05:20 PM.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Default Re: When a deodorant stick outperforms its fragrance

I have the Guerlain Homme deo stick and yes it's quite long lasting the mojito accord. I find the L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme deo stick and Azzaro Pour Homme to be on par if not better than the edt. The L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme deo stick i prefer over the edt.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    ... I find the L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme deo stick and Azzaro Pour Homme to be on par if not better than the edt...
    t the risk og being redundant, are you refering to Azzaro pH deostick or spray deodrodant?

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    t the risk og being redundant, are you refering to Azzaro pH deostick or spray deodrodant?
    The deo stick..the one with alcohol.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Basenotes Institution

Polo by Ralph Lauren deodorant is intensely strong...and makes applying scent obsolete.

Also, just recently, I intentionally purchased Knize Ten deodorant instead of the EdT. I never really liked K10 because it was just TOO strong of a leather accord. But the deodorant projects much more subtle and I love it, the leather is reined in a bit...almost like an EdC version of K10. Perfect and more affordable too. Win, win.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 4th September 2009 at 03:59 AM.

I use Issey PH alcohol free deo stick and like it better than the EDT

Also Issey Bleue roll-on antiperspirant and I like it the same as the EDT

My new favorite though is Roger & Gallet Jean Marie Farina deo stick (lots of alcohol, it WILL burn)........I love this stuff! I might start getting into the EDC for hot days
    ~Alan
    stores.ebay.com/ePerfumery
    Beverly Hills Perfumery

If you buy anything from my eBay store, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU TELL ME YOU ARE A BASENOTES MEMBER!!! I will throw in a bonus sample or mini!

WANTED FOR SWAP: B*Men, Pure Coffee, Angel Ice Man

Polo Sport comes to mind...great strong scent. I got a compliment once when I was just wearing the deodorant! From a female postmaster BEHIND the window.

So does anyone ever apply the deo stick anywhere besides the underarms? If it's being used as a substitute for the fragrance, it would make sense to apply a little of the deo to the chest or wrists (in addition to the underarms).
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 6th September 2009 at 12:26 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    So does anyone ever apply the deo stick anywhere besides the underarms? If it's being used as a substitute for the fragrance, it would make sense to apply a little of the deo to the chest or wrists (in addition to the underarms).
    I applied the Knize Ten deodorant I have to my chest and arms. It's a liquid spray, so application was like applying a fragrance.

A similar experience happened to me with deo sticks belonging to the product range of Hugo Boss fragrances: particularly the deo sticks of Boss Elements Aqua and the one of Boss Bottled smelled to my nose stronger than the actual scent for a while.

How expensive are fragrance deodorant sticks? I got $3 stick of Brut deodorant on clearance and like that quite a bit but I have a hard time justifying a stick for over $6. I've looked a few times and the sticks just didn't seem worth it.

Aramis Devin Deo Stick carries one of the best fragrances ever created. Much better than the eau de toilette.

Not to sya it outperformed the EDT, but my Chrome Legend deo stick alone has gotten me loads of compliments.

Sean John Unforgivable is pretty potent. It has a sharp alcohol bite with the initial application, but it eventually dries down and projects like an EDT. In an issue of Complex magazine, they had a review of deodorants and the woman judging them thought Unforgivable was pretty intense (in a negative way).

Spray-wise, I like Guerlain Vetiver. Pure minty, grassy heaven. It's far superior to the aftershave splash or EDT, which I find are too citrusy.
    Terre d' Hermes has a good strong spray deo that I prefer to the alcohol-sharpness of the EDT.

Second to the Kouros nod: The stick is awesome. Easy to wear in public. The spray deo for Kouros is also nice is you want it lighter than the EDT for public wearings. Totally endorse the Kouros Stick.
    "Flagrantly fragrant and they can't escape me. My perfume pursued them everywhere that they went.
    You don't want a loan, leave my cologne alone. It's a little too strong for you to be putting on".
    - Lupe Fiasco

I have Coriolan deo stick and it is great--I sometimes just use that and Coriolan aftershave balm and no EdT... works great!

Dior Homme stick and especially spray are great - not so feminine like the edt and very longlasting. Dior's deo sprays are often better then edts

Polo Explorer seems to me a bit stronger than the fragrance and I like it.
    I would like to know if deodorant sticks can be found in niche perfumes range?

I'm thinking to order Dirty English deo-stick or Dunhlill Pursuit deo-stick, but i can't find info about the ingredients, because i need a stick with alcohol. Can someone help me with information about these two deo-sticks? I search in google, but can't find nothing.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Freddddy; 5th May 2010 at 09:30 PM.

Fish deo smell like Le Male!!!!! Believe it or not
    Last edited by perfume4life; 5th May 2010 at 10:47 PM.

I wish i can wear frag deos but they make my pits irritated.

Do these deos hold up in hot weather tho, the active ingredient must be only like 15%

Creed supposedly makes good ones

Davidoff Adventure - perfect example.

Kenneth Cole Reaction deo outlasts and smells better than the edt...no question.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio