Code of Conduct

Default Christian Audigier EDP for women: a review

When I first looked at the bottle, I pondered the crown that is the cap. Many perfume companies like to point to presumed noble or royal origins with aristocratic patrons or founders. Sometimes the royal/noble origins are true. Otherwise, it's all hype to romance us into forking out the cash. OK--we don't have to name names...

The crown/coronet cap reminded me of Vera Wang Princess perfumes with the faux diamonds/crystals encircling the band of a princess coronet. The "CA" cipher is very pretty and recalls the cipher for the Crown Perfumery bottles that are now used for Clive Christian.

The official notes: top notes of blackberry, pomegranate and tangerine; middle notes of coconut, magnolia and orchid; and a base of Indonesian sandalwood, amber and woods.

Now for the juice: on me, what started out as an oriental mellowed into middle notes of fruit/floral, settling down to a light woody scent.

The launch also has a men's scent in an identical bottle, an EDT, only using blue glass. I did not try this as I was sampling the women's scent, but a cursory sniff on the fingertips reminded me of a citrusy scent with vetiver. It's official notes are exotic fruits, rum and leather. I will have to return and try when my olfactory system is fresh. The crown caps are different, BTW, for the women's and the men's bottles.

I bought a small bottle.

Not really original but pleasant and wearable. Sillage and longevity are average, at least on my skin.

Both scents come in the 3.4 and 1.7 oz sizes.
    Last edited by Primrose; 4th September 2009 at 11:37 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.