Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Question Made pricey blind buy. Appreciate ur input.

I blind bought Heritage EDP in the 3.4oz bottle. I like Guerlain products without doubt but usually do not spend this much on a blind buy. What is your opinion keeping in mind that I favor wood, vanilla, benzoine, styrax, incense and floral notes? Product won't arrive till the 13th.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 4th September 2009 at 07:29 PM.

Default Re: Made pricey blind buy. Appreciate ur input.

My prediction is that you'll love it, after looking at your wardrobe. Congrats

My only feeling is envy. I've heard many good things of it and would not mind buying it blind if it were not for its price. Enjoy it!

Geese, N_Tesla, this is like the 5th time you do this: IOW buy something blind THEN ask for people's opinions on it LOL When will you learn??

Onto the point of this thread, I think you'll love Heritage based on your wardrobe.
    Sales thread here

I bought Green Irish Tweed blind and was sweating bullets for a few days until it arrived, now it is one of my most used scents. My high dollar blind buys usually pay off, have had a couple that were not for me (Bois D'Orage). If all else fails someone probably wants it on the FS forum!

That's undoubtedly an expensive blind buy. However,it will just heighten your sense of excitment at taking that first sniff, and I have a feeling you are going to be more than happy at your choice. The EDT is good, but the EDP is an astonishing fragrance.
    Last edited by Bartlebooth; 4th September 2009 at 09:06 PM.

Yep, I'm guessing you'll enjoy it very much, given the things you've praised in the past. Hope so, anyway. Let us know?

Basenotes Institution

Have you smelled the EdT and this a blind buy of the EdP? Or have you never smelled Heritage at all?

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Made pricey blind buy. Appreciate ur input.

mikeperez23: No previous experience with Heritage. Really like Habit Rouge but, wish I had gotten the EDP so, got the edp in Heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Have you smelled the EdT and this a blind buy of the EdP? Or have you never smelled Heritage at all?

Basenotes Institution

I first tested Heritage, from a sample of the EdP. I LOVED it instantly. Later on I ran out of my decant and bought a used bottle of the Eau de Toilette which I'm considering selling, since it gives me a headache sometimes when I wear it, plus it is missing a richness and depth in the drydown that was part of the reason why I fell in love with the EdP. Much later on, I happened a bottle of the vintage After Shave, which I love because it can be worn here in Miami more, it's sheerer - but even it gives me a slight headache if I overdo it.

So, IMO, the EdP (especially the vintage bottle) is the best version of the scent. It reeks of class, sophistication and refined tastes. I have a tiny 2 ml vial of the EdP that I save for special dressed up occasions.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 4th September 2009 at 09:58 PM.

Hey, I just bought the EdP blind too from Parfum1 at a great price. If I don't like, I can easily sell it to recoup my cost. I hope, like everybody says, that it is much better than the EdT.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    I blind bought Heritage EDP in the 3.4oz bottle. I like Guerlain products without doubt but usually do not spend this much on a blind buy. What is your opinion keeping in mind that I favor wood, vanilla, benzoine, styrax, incense and floral notes? Product won't arrive till the 13th.
    Bravo, N_Tesla!

A pricey blind buy is the fragrance version of gambling for high stakes! A perfume-lover and a gambler, the Comte d'Orsay would approve! :bounce:

BTW, I did a low-stakes blind buy at Marshall's today!! Lanvin's Rumeur 2 Rose EDP. Very, very pretty! As rose is my all time favourite note...higher than even jasmine...I was enchanted with the citrusy floral (rose and honeysuckle) with amber undertones.

Go for it, Nick! Or as the Comte might have said, "Allez-y!"
    Last edited by Primrose; 4th September 2009 at 10:56 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I wore Heritage for the first time today, actually. It's hard to judge whether someone else will love it, but I can say with some certainty that at worst it has no qualities that you will find objectionable. I thought it dried down nicely on me, but I don't think I will be purchasing.

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    Hey, I just bought the EdP blind too from Parfum1 at a great price. If I don't like, I can easily sell it to recoup my cost. I hope, like everybody says, that it is much better than the EdT.
    Son of a gun... I just bought this at the only place I could find it online for almost $71 shipped. Parfum1 is $52.35 shipped after their low price and constant 20% off coupon.

This is the last time I let Google shopping do my price comparisons

It just shipped today too, man...

I had the EdP when it was first released, and I really wish I could still get it, but I have to make do with the EdT now.......which is nowhere near as good, and quite frankly, it took a while to warm to.....The EdP rocks......nice buy!!!