Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Prada's L'Eau Ambree

Come on ... someone must have already sniffed this one today ???

I am hanging on tenterhooks here ... I cannot wait till I get my shnozz on it !

I'm just really hoping this one will not disappoint me !!! ... For I really, really luv, but am also quite fussy about my ambers.
    So ...... ?????

Any first impressions ??? ... To put me out my misery !

The official main ingredients of Prada Eau L'Ambrée:
    Mandarine, Lemon, May Rose, Gardenia Jasminoides, Patchouli, Oppoponax, Vanilla, Modern Amber.
    Last edited by Sybarite; 4th September 2009 at 08:18 PM.

Default Re: Prada's L'Eau Ambree

I tried it last week , put my thoughts in the thread in the laydees section not that Im particularly articulate at the best of times . It was OK actually , I was quite surprised as Im not a fan of anything that Prada has brought out yet . Im not sure that I get all the notes that are listed , it just seemed like a nice light amber floral fragrance , not an awful lot of sillage but it has " that " Prada drydown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    I tried it last week , put my thoughts in the thread in the laydees section not that Im particularly articulate at the best of times . It was OK actually , I was quite surprised as Im not a fan of anything that Prada has brought out yet . Im not sure that I get all the notes that are listed , it just seemed like a nice light amber floral fragrance , not an awful lot of sillage but it has " that " Prada drydown
    Thanx "P_M" ... I've just read what you wrote on the "fem" thread. ... So ya did not seem too disappointed with it !? ... (Though not particularly impressed either !!??)

I was hoping for something a little more ambery than the men's previous Amber one. Which, while pleasant enough, I did not think it actually that "amber-y" enough for me. ... It was a little too "soapy" for me really. ...
    So I was hoping that this one would be more ambery, and hopefully also unisex enough. ... Did you find it very floral ??? Or would you say a guy could pull it off easily enough ???

I really like Prada Amber ph, despite the fact that it is not really an amber, I am not a big fan of Iris ph however.

Is "that" Prada drydown the one that always has a soap element?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    I really like Prada Amber ph, despite the fact that it is not really an amber, I am not a big fan of Iris ph however.

Is "that" Prada drydown the one that always has a soap element?

I did actually quite like Prada Ambre ph , but certainly not as an "amber" amber scent. ... Far too lightweight an amber scent to really satisfy my amber lust !

And that soapy element seemed to come more from the top & heart notes. It kinda lost the soapiness towards the drydown. So I am not too sure which "that drydown" is meant here exactly ???

Just getting the SAs to spell/pronounce this was a chore. "L'Eau Ambree." One SA just kept going on and on about the Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger.

It comes out for them as "Low Hombre!" LOL! I can see the mingled notes now of cheap cigarettes, old tequila and stale Dos Equis beer. ROTFL!

This, I recall, is launching at Bloomingdales. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by Primrose; 4th September 2009 at 11:14 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Just getting the SAs to spell/pronounce this was a chore. "L'Eau Ambree." One SA just kept going on and on about the Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger.

It comes out for them as "Low Hombre!" LOL! I can see the mingled notes now of cheap cigarettes, old tequila and stale Dos Equis beer. ROTFL!

This, I recall, is launching at Bloomingdales. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

(LOL) ... That is just soooo ridiculous ! ... I mean, I really think that if you are a fragrance SA, they really should have at very least a rudimentary French pronunciation lesson as a standard requirement !

"The earth laughs in flowers" - (E.E.Cummings)

------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    (LOL) ... That is just soooo ridiculous ! ... I mean, I really think that if you are a fragrance SA, they really should have at very least a rudimentary French pronunciation lesson as a standard requirement !
    One would think!

Reading the many posts here, this is not the case, sadly... They are just scent peddlers there to ring up your sale and push the latest scent.

At a Bloomingdale's, I actually had to spell "L'Eau Ambree" out. Don't even try to get 'em to pronounce "Christian Audigier."

"Christian Eau de WHAT?" LOL!

One SA immediately said, "Oh, you want Christian Dior!"

My favourite bungle was at Victoria's Secret and the SA said "Noir" was the latest scent. She called it "Noy-er." Yup....
    Last edited by Primrose; 4th September 2009 at 11:34 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

One would think!

Reading the many posts here, this is not the case, sadly... They are just scent peddlers there to ring up your sale and push the latest scent.

At a Bloomingdale's, I actually had to spell "L'Eau Ambree" out. Don't even try to get 'em to pronounce "Christian Audigier."

"Christian Eau de WHAT?" LOL!

One SA immediately said, "Oh, you want Christian Dior!"

My favourite bungle was at Victoria's Secret and the SA said "Noir" was the latest scent. She called it "Noy-er." Yup....
    I mean "Noir" is just so damned basic, that for one to get it that badly wrong really means that they must be either completely highly disinterested, or just plane "thick" !!!

I mean "Noir" is just so damned basic, that for one to get it that badly wrong really means that they must be either completely highly disinterested, or just plane "thick" !!!
    Basic for you and me, but not for the average fragrance peddler. Thick, indeed.

I am delighted when an SA actually knows the products they sell.
    Last edited by Primrose; 4th September 2009 at 11:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I am amazed I've only received one "sniffing" response to L'Eau Ambree so far ??? ... I would have thought more people would have smelled it by now ??? ... It has been released "your side" already has it not ???

Post Thanks / Like

I smelled it recently at Heathrow duty free. I thought it was much better that the homme version and definitely unisex. Rich with some vanilla as I remember but definitely amber-y. I would purchase it at a good price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moss1310 View Post
    I smelled it recently at Heathrow duty free. I thought it was much better that the homme version and definitely unisex. Rich with some vanilla as I remember but definitely amber-y. I would purchase it at a good price.
    Hiya "Moss" ... Does it also seem "amberier" than the original women's Amber one, by any chance ???

Hiya "Moss" ... Does it also seem "amberier" than the original women's Amber one, by any chance ???
    I would say so , yes

Post Thanks / Like

My short, sweet and possibly irrelevant comment here is that yes, I have tested this one and frankly consider it a 'non-event' @ least for me.

Being somewhat an afficionado of amber / ambergris scent, it was a fairly large disappointment. All I REALLY got from this one is soap . . . . just soap. Linear soap at that.

For me - if I wanted that I would just slightly moisten a bar of ivory and slather myself with it. Hopefully, someone else can squeeze more mileage out of this one than I apparently can.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    My short, sweet and possibly irrelevant comment here is that yes, I have tested this one and frankly consider it a 'non-event' @ least for me.

Being somewhat an afficionado of amber / ambergris scent, it was a fairly large disappointment. All I REALLY got from this one is soap . . . . just soap. Linear soap at that.

For me - if I wanted that I would just slightly moisten a bar of ivory and slather myself with it. Hopefully, someone else can squeeze more mileage out of this one than I apparently can.
    Oops , that was exactly what I was hoping it wouldn't be ! ... That "soapiness" (and lack of "oomph" in the "amber" department) in all their amber scents, is the main problem I have with them). ...

I mean, I still liked them as a scent quite a bit anyway. But I would not have particularly guessed them as "amber" scents had I sampled them "blind". ... So I was really hoping this one would finally differ somewhat from the others. ... But it seems they've pretty much kept to their original formula ??!!

Too funny to believe!

Post Thanks / Like

Oops , that was exactly what I was hoping it wouldn't be ! ... That "soapiness" (and lack of "oomph" in the "amber" department) in all their amber scents, is the main problem I have with them). ...

I mean, I still liked them as a scent quite a bit anyway. But I would not have particularly guessed them as "amber" scents had I sampled them "blind". ... So I was really hoping this one would finally differ somewhat from the others. ... But it seems they've pretty much kept to their original formula ??!!
    Yes, you're dead on the money with the expectation that there would have been at least a hint of amber given the name. If there IS any amber there it isn't discernible to me

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried it a couple of times now and have to say I am not impressed. It is too light and has no longevity - gone after an hour. On me it smells very similar to Infusion d'Iris (for women) with a somewhat heavier base. It is very nice in the first 10 minutes but nothing more.

I did actually quite like Prada Ambre ph , but certainly not as an "amber" amber scent. ... Far too lightweight an amber scent to really satisfy my amber lust !

And that soapy element seemed to come more from the top & heart notes. It kinda lost the soapiness towards the drydown. So I am not too sure which "that drydown" is meant here exactly ???
    I think I know what is meant by that "drydown" I find all the Pradas have a distinctive smell and its tenacious too. There's a guy at my work that loves his Prada and its a good thing he's not a crook, or else he would be a dead give-away by that scent trail. I know its a matter of personal taste, but I find that although I don't mind the Prada mainstream scents, they are all kinda the same in the end and very distinctive - too distinctive in my opinion, in a way that Le Male is so distinctive you could recognise it anywhere you go.

Onto Ambree, I tried this a couple of weeks ago and I liked the opening and heart a lot. It started quite masculine to my nose, then some jasmine (at least I think that's what it was) crept in and that was nice too, but then the drydown turned out to be the same as the other recent Pradas, except a lot more subtle.

Post Thanks / Like

I only tried a small spray on the wrist so I may be wrong, but I got a bit of an old school Guerlain rip off from this