Code of Conduct

Default How's Blue Sugar by Aquolina to Lolita Lempicka au Masculin?

Hi guys, since I'm a great fan of LLaM, I've been keeping an eye on Blue Sugar for quite sometimes now cuz I hear here and there that they are somewhat similar (anise).
    It's impossible to test Blue Sugar at my place cuz it's not presented here. However, I did smell Pink Sugar and currently own Chocolovers. Pink Sugar I don't care about cuz it's kinda plain to me but I'm discovering the love for Chocolovers as I wear it more and more. I think they give it a wrong name though. To me it's not chocolate, it's more orange cookie. Not bad, just not what you expect come out of the bottle with something called Chocolovers.
    My concern is do LLaM and Blue Sugar smell so alike that you don't need one if you have the other. And one more thing, I find Aquolina's fragrances don't last that long as compare to other gourmand scents. So how's the case with Blue Sugar.
    Please help me out here guys.

Default Re: How's Blue Sugar by Aquolina to Lolita Lempicka au Masculin?

Blue Sugar is like walking in for a cold day into a cafe that is brewing fresh coffee with the rich sent of warm pastry coming from the oven.

I own both frags. There is nothing similar between the too. I assume you own Lolita Au Masculine so I won't describe it. Blue Sugar smells like burnt brown sugar one it dries down. Longetivity is about 6-8 hours on my skin. Near the end it may be confused with A*Men, but to me A*Men smells more artificial while Blue Sugar is more natural.

Lolita Lempicka is a rich, boozy licorice scent. Blue Sugar is more like cotton candy to me. I do get the anise in the topnotes, but I remember that the anise kinda left quite early. I don't consider Blue Sugar to be a good choice for lovers of anise, since I felt it didn't stay for long.

LLaM is more complex and woody to my nose, with hints of florals (violet and ivy). It's competently designed.

Blue Sugar is like a sledgehammer of black licorice, brown sugar, burnt caramel, and cotton candy. Completely unwearable, IMO.

This is coming from someone who loves A*Men, BTW. Order a sample/decant of Blue Sugar online and sample first. DO NOT BUY IT BLIND!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    Order a sample/decant of Blue Sugar online and sample first. DO NOT BUY IT BLIND!
    I bought it blind. Although the gf wears Pink Sugar which I absolutely adore on her. I figured if Blue Sugar resembles Pink even somewhat, I'm bound to like it... and I did.

There are no similarities save for the extreme sweetness. Blue Sugar is synthetic, Caramelized sugar, it has a pepperminty opening, and the dry down is a little powdery, similar to that of Givenchy pi. It's nice, but gets boring and cloying after a while, and that's coming from someone who likes sweet fragrances. Maybe if it was less synthetic it would've been something I'd wear more often.

I own both LLaM and Blue Sugar but I don't find them particularly similar. To me Blue Sugar smells like A*men, only sweeter. LLaM is definitely more wearable, complex and sophisticated. Of the two I prefer LLaM.

Blue Sugar is one of those scent where I love sniffing the cap but never find myself actually wearing it.