Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 14 Amouage attars, notes, prices and further details included!

I managed to get some carded samples of a quite longish list of Amouage attars. I cannot give a fair review but nevertheless here are the notes, prices and a small paragraph on each scent (taken from a complimentary power point presentation that I got sent ).

Asrar £105-12ml, £195-30ml (Soon to be released)

Tribute £175-12ml, £325-30ml (Soon to be released)

Molook £110
    Fragrance mainly for men, warm vibrant and long lasting
    A perfect combination of Ambergris and taifi rose.
    A perfect evening fragrance for men.
    Top Notes, Taifi Rose
    Heart Notes , Ambergris, Cambodian Oudh oil
    Base Notes, Indian Oudh oil Sandal oil

Al Shomoukh £215
    A long lasting fragrance mainly for women but can be unisex also
    Silver Oudh, Vetiver, Musk Abyadh, Rose Taifi and Davana.

Afrah £155
    A long lasting unisex fragrance containing:
    Silver Oudh, Rose Taifi, Amber, Sandal, Chambaka Oil and Basil Oil.

Oudh Al Khaloud £595
    A unisex scent, which means oudh of eternity in Arabic:Oudh means wood and Al Khaloud is Eternity.
    It is a very rare and precious oil, extracted from the Agarwood tree, native to South-East Asia and India.
    The fragrance is widely used in the Gulf, its very rare and very long lasting, usually used in the winter.
    They believe that it is the fragrance of Heaven. This Oudh is found in the forest of India, Cambodia and some in Malaysia, it is a very expensive and treasured attar. A good quality Oudh oil should be at least 30 years old and above and a dark brownish colour.

Shams Al-Doha
    A mixture of ten different oil perfumes,
    A feminine, floral, woody fragrance.
    It means beautiful sunrise / dawn in Arabic.
    Top Notes: Turkism Rose Oil, Jasmine, Floral Musk
    Middle Notes: Reehan, Amber, Saffron and Bulgarian Rose
    Base Notes: Sandalwood Oil, Oudh Al Khaloud and Cambodian Oudh

Badr Al Badour £230
    A unisex scent
    The name was inspired by the beauty of a lady, as told in the famous story of One Thousand and One Nights .
    Badr Al Badour is created from the finest quality Rose oil, Ambergris, Oudh oil and Sandalwood
    Top Notes: Bulgarian Rose and Amber
    Middle Notes: Burmese Oudh wood oil, Cambodian Oudh Oil
    Silver Oudh based on Sandalwood Oil

Sandalwood £60
    Pure Sandalwood oil from India forms the base note of most of our attars.
    It is a unisex fragrance.

Al Andalus £60
    Top Notes: Orange Blossom, Lemon and Rosemary
    Middle Notes: Lily of the valley, Geranium and Clary Sage
    Base Notes: Sandalwood, Okemos and Musk

Tayibba £50
    Tayyiba is one of the names of the holiest city for Arabs and Muslims (Al-Madina), where millions go on pilgrimage (Haj) every year.
    The name means beautiful / wonderful aroma in Arabic.
    During that season, trade in essential oils booms, as the pilgrims bring the purist essentials from their own countries.
    Tayyiba is a feminine scent, comprising Floral Jasmine, Ylang Ylang, Lilac Floral, Musk, Honey and Orris
    Top Notes: Floral Jasmine, Floral Ylang Ylang
    Middle Notes: Rose, Woods, Full & Green Lilac
    Base Notes: Musk, Sandal Orange Blossom

Musk £60
    White musk is made from vanilla on a base of pure sandalwood oil.
    There are basically two types of Musk - White Musk, and Pure Musk which is usually black.
    The White Musk is an environmentally acceptable alternative to Pure Musk and is widely used by the fragrance industry.
    The use of Pure Musk, being a natural animal product from an endangered species, is banned in most countries.

Bajah £60
    A masculine scent. It translates as Joy in Arabic.
    It is a blend of Deer Musk, Frankincense Oil, Lime Oil and various noble woods

Jasmine £45
    Pure Jasmine oil – feminine scent.

These set of attars are available in Selfridges and Harrods London only as far as I know.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Default Re: 14 Amouage attars, notes, prices and further details included!

no Ashjan, Amani, Farah and Eid ??

Quote Originally Posted by moreda View Post
    no Ashjan, Amani, Farah and Eid ??
    Not that I've heard of but Amouage may have other exclusive attars in Oman. I should be getting Basmah, Ayoon and Ohood which are the Harrods exclusives as well and will post the notes as and when they arrive if they are available.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Only 14? Lol I'm Not even going to try keeping up anymore.

Thanks for the info. I've tried those Harrods exclusive attars and did not like any of them. Was looking for something deep woody, resinous and they were all bright floral attars apart from Basmah which was woodier and darker but kind of bland. Didn't like Afrah either with its fecal and powdery drydown à la Gold Man.
    From all Amouage attars I've sampled so far I liked Al Shomoukh best, by far. Warm, woody and ambery, I didn't think it smelled feminine at all

Quote Originally Posted by phibess View Post
    Thanks for the info. I've tried those Harrods exclusive attars and did not like any of them. Was looking for something deep woody, resinous and they were all bright floral attars apart from Basmah which was woodier and darker but kind of bland. Didn't like Afrah either with its fecal and powdery drydown à la Gold Man.
    From all Amouage attars I've sampled so far I liked Al Shomoukh best, by far. Warm, woody and ambery, I didn't think it smelled feminine at all
    according to one of the Amouage SA's, Al Shomoukh has been one of the best sellers so far.

Aerandir, I haven't been following closely to the whole story regarding you getting in contact with Amouage directly (sorry), but I'm wondering did you ever happen to find out if Amouage will directly ship their fragrances internationally at the lower prices that you originally posted in the other thread?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Great news Aerandir4! I look forward to trying these.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Aerandir, I haven't been following closely to the whole story regarding you getting in contact with Amouage directly (sorry), but I'm wondering did you ever happen to find out if Amouage will directly ship their fragrances internationally at the lower prices that you originally posted in the other thread?
    Amouage can ship their fragrances abroad but at a cost of £60 per kg to the UK and God only knows how much it would cost for Americans, Canadians etc.

On top of that one has to consider the costs of customs, Amouage will obviously not pass your perfume off as a "gift".

If you have friends in Oman or visiting Oman than it may be useful as a bottle of say Homage costs 75 RO which is roughly £120, compare that with what it costs in London-£175 you will be getting the scent for around £55 cheaper. Considering I saw a few American BN members pay $350 (£213) for Homage from Luckyscent it can be a big saver.

In essence in Oman Homage will cost you £120, in America £213!!!
    Last edited by Aerandir4; 6th September 2009 at 11:28 AM.

Thanks so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir4 View Post
    Considering I saw one BN member (I think it was Thebeck) pay $350 for Homage from Luckyscent it can be a big saver.
    I think a few of us have.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I think a few of us have.
    did luckyscent explain why the price discrepancy? I remember you mentioning that you would email them about it.

even if amouage send the package as "GIFT"
    they still have to put value on costum form, and this is the problem... i dont think amouage wil
    mention it as $20 value gift. even if it is a gift, u have to pay costum fee and the VAT op on the value.

did luckyscent explain why the price discrepancy? I remember you mentioning that you would email them about it.
    I don't think we need to go e-mailing them about something called business.

Oh and while we're at it let's all call them capitalist pigs and lecture them on communism.
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 6th September 2009 at 01:51 PM.
    Sales thread here

Quote Originally Posted by L'aventurier View Post
    I don't think we need to go e-mailing them about something called business.
    I think its reasonable to ask why Luckyscent find the need to sell something for $350 when its being sold in London for around $286. Its just a query, were not burning anyone at the stake and plus jrd4t mentioned he would email them a while back so he's probably already got a reply, no one else has to email them
    Last edited by Aerandir4; 6th September 2009 at 02:46 PM.

I think its reasonable to ask why Luckyscent find the need to sell something for $350 when its being sold in London for around $286. Its just a query, were not burning anyone at the stake and plus jrd4t mentioned he would email them a while back so he's probably already got a reply, no one else has to email them
    The thing though, is that Luckyscent isn't the only one selling it for that price. Most if not all, apart from Amouage directly sell it at that price. It's probably a price mandated by Amouage themselves for various regions.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    The thing though, is that Luckyscent isn't the only one selling it for that price. Most if not all, apart from Amouage directly sell it at that price. It's probably a price mandated by Amouage themselves for various regions.
    Aha I thought only Luckyscent was selling it for $350, ok point taken.

Anyway pricing aside I was very surprised to find out Amouage had 14 plus Homage and 3 Harrods exclusive attars on sale. They popped outa nowhere. Kind of reminds me of Boadicea the Victorious, so many scents to try its difficult to get your head round it.

Thanks so much for the info. I'm salivating at the chance to sample any one of the 14 you listed. I'm one of those that happily paid $350.00 for 12ml of Homage. If Tribute turns out to be my Holy Grail leather scent, I'll gladly drop another $350.00 again.

In general, I'm seeing many who are more concerned about getting a bargain, rather than a treasure. Treasures don't come cheap, either you can afford them or you can't. I like the idea of expensive. It keeps the Homage Attars special and makes me feel special and confident I will never, in my lifetime, come across anyone who will be wearing an Amouage Attar.

I'm surprised that none of these Amouage attars, apart from Bajah, has their trademark (silver) frankincense listed among notes.

Al Shomoukh is simply outstanding. Wearable for men and women, although to me it seems to tend even a bit more on the masculine side. After the deep, animalic top and heart, it dries down to a very dry base of hay notes and vetiver. Never smelled another fragrance that starts animalic before turning to a smooth, green-sepia base! A very unusual combination of amber and herbacious notes. Like the other attars, its price may be quite high, but worth every single cent: one single drop is enough and lasts for hours and hours...
    I can't believe they don't distribute it more widely. I know where to go when I'll be in London the next time...
    Last edited by Gerald; 9th October 2009 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
    Al Shomoukh is simply outstanding. Wearable for men and women, although to me it seems to tend even a bit more on the masculine side. After the deep, animalic top and heart, it dries down to a very dry base of hay notes and vetiver. Never smelled another fragrance that starts animalic before turning to a smooth, green-sepia base! A very unusual combination of amber and herbacious notes. Like the other attars, its price may be quite high, but worth every single cent: one single drop is enough and lasts for hours and hours...
    I can't believe they don't distribute it more widely. I know where to go when I'll be in London the next time...
    It is my favourite of Amouage attars. I agree, the base smells to me like a dry, slightly dusty old wood. Having worn it several times now I should amend my previous description based on my very first impression. I don't smell much amber in AS but I understand where you're coming from. The best thing IMO is the opening blast of a deeply rich, warm, spicy (kinda mulled wine) accord of oud, musk and taif rose, although the rose here is not as prominent and bright as in Homage. Glad you like it, Gerald, did you buy or sample Shomoukh in London?

Quote Originally Posted by phibess View Post
    It is my favourite of Amouage attars. I agree, the base smells to me like a dry, slightly dusty old wood. Having worn it several times now I should amend my previous description based on my very first impression. I don't smell much amber in AS but I understand where you're coming from. The best thing IMO is the opening blast of a deeply rich, warm, spicy (kinda mulled wine) accord of oud, musk and taif rose, although the rose here is not as prominent and bright as in Homage. Glad you like it, Gerald, did you buy or sample Shomoukh in London?
    Yes, I bought it at Selfridges (together with Homage and Musk). Their selection of Attars is very impressive indeed - such a pity I didn't have more time to test all of them...

Basenotes Institution

The Al Shomoukh sounds outstanding. Would anyone who's smelled it, say it's smoky?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    The Al Shomoukh sounds outstanding. Would anyone who's smelled it, say it's smoky?
    Mike, Al Shomukh is very smoky and dark during a couple of hours. Then the rose and the davana note take over and lighten it up to a bright, almost sunny fragrance.

according to one of the Amouage SA's, Al Shomoukh has been one of the best sellers so far.
    Somehow I doubt Al Shomoukh would be a bestseller in the US

Husband: Are you wearing a new perfume?
    Wife: Al Shomoukh
    Husband: I ask an innocent question and you call me schmuck? What's wrong with you, ya dumb broad?
    Wife: I'll show you what's wrong, Mister...
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Here's a nice review of Al Shomoukh:

http://perfumesmellinthings.blogspot...y-amouage.html

I wish I was as thrilled with Al Smomoukh as others who tried it. Unfortunately, to me the white musk in it is a little too "in your face", I wish that the oud and rose were more prominent.

Has anyone here tried Al-Andalus? That one's note list has me most intrigued. Rosemary, lily and orange blossom in the same scent? Sign me up!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Al Andalus £60
    Top Notes: Orange Blossom, Lemon and Rosemary
    Middle Notes: Lily of the valley, Geranium and Clary Sage
    Base Notes: Sandalwood, Okemos and Musk
    This one sounds very nice to me; the others all sound fairly heavy — not that I wouldn't like them, but Al Andalus sounds more evocative to me.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Basenotes Institution

Anyone else sample/buy these - care to share their comments?

I recently received Sandalwood & Al Andalus but have only tried them a couple of times each (travelling a lot).

At the risk of repeating what may have been mentioned elsewhere here's my two cents worth. First off these two fall at the modest end of the price range range and I think that's because they are not as luxe blends as Homage et al, in fact more 'bases'. The Sandalwood is certainly a simple sandalwood (albeit perhaps tweaked a bit internally for staying power). It is as close to the pure Mysore Santal I used to wear in the 70s as anything but the pure oil M. Dubrano sent along with his own Santalum Alum Mysore + Alcohol blend. The real deal, in other words, and very, very nice.

Al Andalus is mentioned elsewhere as part of the Homage pyramid. This may be the case but it doesn't resemble Homage, of course. My first impression was that it fell fair and square into the aromatic fougere area that I like which encompasses (for me, anyway) Green Irish Tweed, Ciel Man, MPG Garrigue. AA immediately seems uplifting and bright with a light herbal spring green quality . . . it sparkles, then settles into something with a slightly more herbal touch, presumably once the brighter notes have gone. With only a couple of wearings I think I can safely say it is not a complex scent but like all Amouages not to be taken at face value either - I really look forward to spending time with this one in summer.

Now, one other point . . . I read somewhere around here that AA is similar to Platinum Egoiste so I duly traipsed off to SOGO to give that one a sniff. I got it on paper and I think there is a similar feel, for what it's worth. I'm sure my descriptions do not do AA justice but hope this helps - I strongly recommend giving it a shot if you enjoy Amouages as a line and particularly if you incline towards the aromatic fougere style on a quiet sunny Saturday afternoon as I do

The bottle and packaging are identical to the Homage 12.ml. and both require only a dab or two and last and last. I would love to try some of the more complex blends mentioned above!

These mystical hard to find Amouage attars have me enthralled but they cost a fortune including a few samples you can get from the Perfumed Court. So Harrods and Selfridges have about twelve of these exclusive between them.

Information is scant on all but a few like Homage and Tribute attars does anyone know what the best masculine Amouage attars you can buy that can be worn comfortably by a man?
    Last edited by Jack Hunter; 20th February 2010 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    These mystical hard to find Amouage attars have me enthralled but they cost a fortune including a few samples you can get from the Perfumed Court. So Harrods and Selfridges have about twelve of these exclusive between them.

Information is scant on all but a few like Homage and Tribute attars does anyone know what the best masculine Amouage attars you can buy that can be worn comfortably by a man?
    Tribute and Bahjah are the most masculine attars of amouage that i have even smelld.

Quote Originally Posted by moreda View Post
    Tribute and Bahjah are the most masculine attars of amouage that i have even smelld.
    Tribute! No questions asked! And apply sparingly until you understand how much and where to apply it.

I adore Basmah ,my favourite. Thank-you for the information as it's hard to get.

Poeple liking Green Irish Tweed might love Al Andalus. Bahjah I discribe as a very subtle, very elegant attar. Did I detect some similarities to Canali for men? Others?

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    I recently received Sandalwood & Al Andalus but have only tried them a couple of times each (travelling a lot).

At the risk of repeating what may have been mentioned elsewhere here's my two cents worth. First off these two fall at the modest end of the price range range and I think that's because they are not as luxe blends as Homage et al, in fact more 'bases'. The Sandalwood is certainly a simple sandalwood (albeit perhaps tweaked a bit internally for staying power). It is as close to the pure Mysore Santal I used to wear in the 70s as anything but the pure oil M. Dubrano sent along with his own Santalum Alum Mysore + Alcohol blend. The real deal, in other words, and very, very nice.

Al Andalus is mentioned elsewhere as part of the Homage pyramid. This may be the case but it doesn't resemble Homage, of course. My first impression was that it fell fair and square into the aromatic fougere area that I like which encompasses (for me, anyway) Green Irish Tweed, Ciel Man, MPG Garrigue. AA immediately seems uplifting and bright with a light herbal spring green quality . . . it sparkles, then settles into something with a slightly more herbal touch, presumably once the brighter notes have gone. With only a couple of wearings I think I can safely say it is not a complex scent but like all Amouages not to be taken at face value either - I really look forward to spending time with this one in summer.

Now, one other point . . . I read somewhere around here that AA is similar to Platinum Egoiste so I duly traipsed off to SOGO to give that one a sniff. I got it on paper and I think there is a similar feel, for what it's worth. I'm sure my descriptions do not do AA justice but hope this helps - I strongly recommend giving it a shot if you enjoy Amouages as a line and particularly if you incline towards the aromatic fougere style on a quiet sunny Saturday afternoon as I do

The bottle and packaging are identical to the Homage 12.ml. and both require only a dab or two and last and last. I would love to try some of the more complex blends mentioned above!
    Have your thoughts changed at all on Al Andalus? I'd love to hear any updated or expanded impressions.

Anyone know where I can get a sample of Al Andalus in the US? If anyone can hook me up, I'll be SO greatful (and provide something in return too, of course.)
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

For those of us who have difficulty in reaching London, please note that quite a few of the attars are now available online.

Unfortunately, not Al Shomoukh & Molook, exclusive to Selfridges (will post), or Basma, Majan & ? Ayoon al Maha, which are exclusive to Harrods
    (they'd post out within U.K.)

See

http://www.fascination-perfumery.co....og/Attars.html

(no affilliation, showing overseas prices/auto checkout)

It appears that Les Senteurs will also order as required.
    Last edited by lpp; 5th May 2010 at 05:23 PM.

Where did you get the carded samples? In checking the web sites for Selfridges, Harrods, and lucky scent I could not find any of these listed? Is there an on-line source for samples of these fragrances?

http://theperfumedcourt.com/Categori...s/Amouage.aspx

is the only one online that I know of - maybe someone else has experience of this?

Does anyone know if these are still available anywhere? Are they "in store only" at Selfridges, Harrods, et al?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

You can buy some of them from here-http://shop.lessenteurs.com/category/1877/Perfume_Oil_Attars

and most of the others from here-http://www.fascination-perfumery.co.uk/acatalog/Attars.html

Zahras will ship out. I have used them a couple of times. I just ordered Amouage Molook Attar from them.

http://www.zahras.com/Perfume/index.htm

Cheers!
    Scents I have that are not in the database.

Amouage Molook Attar
    Full Incense - Montale
    Oudh Lacquer by Soivohle
    Shalimar Ode de la Vanille by Guerlain
    Mukhalat Makaki Perfume Oil by Swiss Arabian
    Man Amber by Halston
    Absolue pour le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    Puro Intense by Nejma

Basenotes Institution

Badr Al Badour, which I am sampling today, starts out with a whiff of animal/barnyard smell that I typically expect from ouds/attars and then as it warms on skin I can smell the rose and oud. I am pretty sure that it's the amber, that's giving the top notes their smoked/animal smell. It is NOT the amber that most of us are familiar with (Ambre Sultan, etc.) - this one has a rugged, oily, thick quality to it...I'm reminded of the smell of linseed oil or for that matter petroleum oil. It, combined with the already skanky oud, smells less like amber and more like the back end of an animal.

Unlike Homage and Tribute, this one plays really close to the skin. Maybe I should have applied more - I just applied a drop for fear that I would over apply...something that's easy to do with Amouage attars. When I catch a whiff of it, I smell the rose, the animalic oud and something spicy/woody. This is not as bright as the Homage and not as dark as Tribute - so perhaps it might be a nice middle ground between the two? In any event, I like it, but I'm not in love with it.

I need to wear it again before I post more.

I still want to smell Al Shomoukh, but seeing as these samples are outrageously expensive (my sample of Badr Al Badour was gifted to me by a kind Basenoter), I probably won't be sampling it soon unless someone hosts a split for some.

BTW: Has anyone smelled the most expensive one up there, Oudh Al Khaloud?

I own oud al khaloud.

it is a pure hindi oud.

it is very nice polished barnyard oud. extreemly concentrated and somehow refined without losing power.

I was in Dubai a month ago, and sampled a large number of the oudh and attars (amouage, and various dept stores). Very rushed, no formal notes, but from what I can recall:

- Al Shomukh was not in stock anywhere. Amouage rep in Amouage store said that it is now only sold in Oman. Could well be heading to chopping block?

- Oudh al khaloud- very barnyard and pungent, as moreda said. Takes a long time to evolve. I am very inexperienced with Oudh and its qualities - I suspect that most non-Arabians may also not see enough 'value' at the price, especially since it is more '1 dimensional' than western frags. Smelling Oudh al khaloud was more an 'academic' experience for me, don't personally like it enough to spring at even half the price!

Other Arabian makers (al haramain, Abdul Samad al qurashi, Ajmal etc) may sell equivalent grade Oudh at better prices? Would love to hear from fellow Arabic posters!

Guys...

i am waitign for more updates about the all the other attars i dotn own yet:
    FARAH
    JASMINE
    BASMAH

can anyone help here ?

Between the three that you mentioned, Basma is excellent, however, I feel that it would be a little difficult for a man to pull it off. My wife sampled this when we were in Dubai, and it evolved very nicely on her. The oudh wasn't too strong, and the overall essence had vibes of sweet spices and rose - a calming and comforting fragrance. She however opted to buy the Tayyiba instead, but according to my nose Basma was leagues ahead of Tayyiba, Farah, or the single Jasmine note.

RSharma,

thatnx

i just blnd bought Farah.
    and i would love a full bottle of AFRAH ( this seesm to be discontined )

what did u think or amouage Pure Amber ?

If you can only get 1 attar from Amouage, which one will it be?

Amouage Homage Attar

I also try and wear Tribute , Al Shomoukh , Shams al Doha and Afrah
    Tribute and Al Shomoukh are Nice and distintive smell but Homage is more versatile
    and easy wear , also in public.
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Basenotes Institution

Definitely Homage. If you can get 2, get Tribute. Both worn together is quite magical.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I would disagree.....Tribute and Homage are worlds apart, they are so different that when mixed together the facets of notes that one smells on each of the attars singularly as the day goes by, seems to dissolve into a smokey flowery mess, I speak of this from experience. Tribute and homage needs to be appreciated individually.......however if you do insist on mixing i would recommend doing the following:

1 drop of Tribute with 1 drop of Al Shomoukh ( creates an amplified smokey oudhy aura that seems to last n last, I found this particular combo oustanding)

1 drop of Al Andalus to 1 drop of Homage( seems to butch up Homage bit more making it abit more masculine.....add a drop of Tayyibah if you want the opposite although homage is quite feminine anyway)

Oh yes, before i forget.....Dont mix the drops together, (seems to ruin them) instead put them in different areas of your body but close by. I.e. Neck and chest.

Happy experimenting!!
    Last edited by sultanpasha; 7th December 2011 at 10:13 PM.

:-)
    Last edited by sultanpasha; 27th January 2012 at 11:20 AM.

Read the rules! You can't sell here. You need to be an established member. Read the rules in the items for sale area. Try ebay.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Anyone else have smelled the attars that have not been mentioned above?

Some of the amouage attars seem to be available at Dubaishop

www.asf-dubaishop.com

Anybody ever tried them or know how reliable they are?

They seem to have quite a few shipping companies mentioned on the site so am hoping they will ship to my country and they seem to accept PayPal also which is even better

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Some here have ordered from there happily in the past but the attar that I tried to order from the website a while back was not, in fact, in stock so it may be worth checking before ordering.
    The Amouage attar range is once more available on the local market.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Some here have ordered from there happily in the past but the attar that I tried to order from the website a while back was not, in fact, in stock so it may be worth checking before ordering.
    The Amouage attar range is once more available on the local market.
    Thank you very much for sharing that! In my country india the only way is to import :-(

Am planning to see if I can get some samples of both tribute and homage ...the reviews have really blown me away

Only worried a bit about the batch variations possibility for tribute

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

You're welcome, blackheart2925.
    Tribute has been possibly less affected by change than Homage, both of which are more generally available than the other attars, but you could also try Zahra's or Universal.