Code of Conduct

Red face Martine Micallef perfumes

This House is in danger of becoming my favourite perfumer! All the fragrances I've sampled or own have been wonderful and she only makes her products in EdP strength.

http://www.mmicallef.com/pages/en/pr...oducts_en.html

anyone else have experience of her fragrances?
    "Three things of this (temporal) world have been made beloved to me: women, PERFUME, and the coolness of my eyes is in prayer" -- Prophet Muhammad (upon him be the peace and blessings of God).

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Martine Micallef perfumes

I also admire the limited number of her creations i have sampled, except Avant Garde. I own Aoud Homme and bought Yellow Sea just 2 days ago.

There has been a lot of discussion on this house at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=211691
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I adore Black Sea and Red Sea.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Thanks for the link to the other micallef thread. I own Patchouli -- prob. my fave frag at the mo--and sampled some in Douglas yesterday. I'm tempted simply to just throw caution to the wind and buy the entire collection --esp. of Les Exclusifs. And Les 4 Saisons also seems divine.

I tested Royal Muska and it was sweet and feminine and light and airy but the smell was gorgeous. I thought I could detect some --a lot of!!-- florals too.

and the bottles are so pretty!
    "Three things of this (temporal) world have been made beloved to me: women, PERFUME, and the coolness of my eyes is in prayer" -- Prophet Muhammad (upon him be the peace and blessings of God).

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Yes, Micallef bottles are objects of art in themselves.

Sometimes i am glad i dont have access to the entire collection, as it could prove unhealthy to my bank balance

All the best in your fragrant quest.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I totally agree ! ... She is one very talented "nez" indeed ! ... I have admired every single one of her fragrances I've sampled so far ! ...
    I have only found a few that I would actually want to wear myself. But I enjoy the others very much nevertheless. ... The excellent quality of her ingredients is immediately apparent. ...
    (And her "Note Vanillee" is just one of the most delicious vanillas available).

I have yet to smell her "Avant Garde" one ... But am very much looking forward to it !

I own Sashka Black, Sashka Sun and Sashka Gold and I love them all, real masterpieces.
    Unfortunately all three have been discontinued, and I can not figure why since they were exceptionally good.

Thumbs up Re: Martine Micallef perfumes

Thanks for the feedback!
    A question: I have moved back to England and cannot find any where to buy Martine Micallef perfumes---I tried Harrods and they hadn't heard of the brand! Talk about exclusivity! Any one help me out?

Hillaire

Mon Parfum has done the unthinkable and replaced Amouage Dia Woman as my 'signature' and favorite perfume. And I adore the whole line. I can relate to your excitement completely. Too bad they are so pricey.

I am glad to hear good reviews of the Sashka line, as I am dying to try those, too.

There are definitely some great fragrances from M. Micallef. I own and enjoy White Sea, Red Sea and Gaiac. : )
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by naqshbandi View Post
    Thanks for the feedback!
    A question: I have moved back to England and cannot find any where to buy Martine Micallef perfumes---I tried Harrods and they hadn't heard of the brand! Talk about exclusivity! Any one help me out?
    The only place I remember seeing Micallef stuff in UK was on the Fortnum & Mason website. they used to do several of the fragrances (Avant Garde, Gaiac etc) but looks like there is now just 1707. I got mine from ALZD (First In Fragrance) Germany in the end and shipping is not that much more than FM charge and you get three complimentary samples.

Just bumped into this thread now, but I can confirm that Fortnum & Mason carries quite a few of the Micallef line. Only thing though, I bought a 30 ml bottle of my beloved Gaiac there, but found afterwards that I could have got a better deal on a 100 ml bottle on the internet.

I wished to know more about this house, because so far the fragrances i tried from her a pretty good. Vanille Aoud is the met of the un bois vanille base with a the montale oud note, very cozy for winter. Her aoud gourmet is a complex gourmand, spicy aoud with animalic and leathery nuances, and her Mon Parfum is a well-done modern fruity chypre. I wished that her Gaiac lasted more on skin, it`s a transparent woody composition, slightly sugary, that matches well spring and summer temperatures.
    I have also had a chance to try one of the fragrances launched under her husband brand. G. Nejman. It`s called emir, it`s a dry aoud composition with a dry honey aspect and a good spice aroma too. Perfect for winter days

Basenotes Institution

My favorite Micallef has to be Royal Muska. However it's one of those that I have never bought. One day .
    Fortnum- the brick and mortars store- does have a lot of Micallef. They don't seem to carry the line on the website anymore which is a shame.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    I wished to know more about this house, because so far the fragrances i tried from her a pretty good. Vanille Aoud is the met of the un bois vanille base with a the montale oud note, very cozy for winter. Her aoud gourmet is a complex gourmand, spicy aoud with animalic and leathery nuances, and her Mon Parfum is a well-done modern fruity chypre. I wished that her Gaiac lasted more on skin, it`s a transparent woody composition, slightly sugary, that matches well spring and summer temperatures.
    I have also had a chance to try one of the fragrances launched under her husband brand. G. Nejman. It`s called emir, it`s a dry aoud composition with a dry honey aspect and a good spice aroma too. Perfect for winter days
    I would recommend you to spray a bit heavier than usual. I had the same problem with the longevity of Gaiac. Once and again it kept disappearing after a few hours. But last time I did spray a bit more (5-6 times instead of 3) and it really stuck very noticeably for the rest of the day, and even lasted for a few days on the polo shirt I was wearing. I was truly surprised. It may have been the hot summer day, but I would rather think that it was the spraying.

Fortnum and Mason used to sell M Micalleff but not sure if they still do , might be worth checking out ....

This house has been my latest obsession. I just love all their male and shared offerings.

Micallef has some great stuff. What I've smelled of theirs seems to be of high quality, although they do tend to run too sweet for my tastes. I'm currently enjoying Black Sea a great deal, but really, really want to try Shaanan.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/281969-Montale-Amouage-Gengis-Khan-Musk-Oils-Micallef-Manufacturer-Samples-etc."]Pure Havane and Misc Samples[/URL]

[URL="http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=696"]What's this, an offsite link to more sales?[/URL]

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Fortnum and Mason used to sell M Micalleff but not sure if they still do , might be worth checking out ....
    Indeed, they still do. And more importantly they carry almost the whole line (one obvious exception Jewel for Him)! I include a photo from just last week.
    [IMG] Micallef at F&M by Crazy Goose, on Flickr[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    I also admire the limited number of her creations i have sampled, except Avant Garde. I own Aoud Homme and bought Yellow Sea just 2 days ago.

There has been a lot of discussion on this house at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=211691
    I am interested in Aoud Homme. Would love to hear your thoughts on it, perfaddict.

Thanks for the feedback!
    They do have them upstairs in Harrods at Roja Doves. I presume the SAs downstairs have no idea what goes on above their heads!

I tried a few of these at Roja Dove's and remember liking them all. I think my nose was a bit overworked at that point so I don't remember them that well but I'll definitely go back for a better sniff at some point as the brand is so well talked about here!

Thanks for the feedback. Been inactive on these forums for a long time!
    Back in Germany now so will just go to Douglas and try some more Micallef...but good to know Fortnum & Mason do it too for when I am next back home...

and ALZD

This House is in danger of becoming my favourite perfumer! All the fragrances I've sampled or own have been wonderful and she only makes her products in EdP strength.

http://www.mmicallef.com/pages/en/pr...oducts_en.html

anyone else have experience of her fragrances?
    I have Gardenia. It's a creamy, sweet gardenia with a powdery dry down.
    Do happy

Sound Scents

One of my favorite houses for sure. I find nearly every Micallef scent I have sniffed to have consistently excellent quality. It is unfortunate that this house does not get more visibility here and elsewhere.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Their latest men's offering Style For Men is very nice.