Code of Conduct

Default I hope I didn't make a mistake...

By buying this..

By Kilian - Prelude To Love

****Update*****: 9/14/2009

Here's my informal review after wearing this for a week. In summary this perfume is phenomenal. The longevity is about 9 hours, but I am pretty sure it's more than that since I take a shower after 9 hours. The smell is pretty light to medium, and it doesn't annoy others. I received many positive complements from women about the smell of this fragrance. I can't really describe the smell of fragrance well, but this stuff have a sweet orange note, but it is much more complex than other fragrance in the same field. I tried all of the Kilian line, but most of them are a bit too feminine,sweet, or too funky for me. PtL is labeled as unisex, but it is more of a men's fragrance in my opinion.

I am really glad that I made this purchase, and definitely not disappointed with it. I would encourage you all to try out this fragrance.
    Last edited by Granzon; 15th September 2009 at 06:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I hope I didn't make a mistake...

Oh you are so screwed

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've actually never smelled it but I really wish you luck, have you tried a sample of it before you ordered it?
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

I just bought it at saks fifth avenue. I applied it on my wrist, and I like it, but I don't know what the reputation on this here..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granzon View Post
    I just bought it at saks fifth avenue. I applied it on my wrist, and I like it, but I don't know what the reputation on this here..
    Best not to worry too much about things like "reputation." There are many people here who enjoy commonly bashed fragrances and hate highly-praised ones. It's all subjective.

I don't understand your question. You have sampled it and you liked it. So, what is the problem? Someone has to tell you that it's a great fragrance for you to like it? How many thumbs-up reviews do you need to see to know that you really like it? Your opinion should be the only one that counts, for you. There are so many great fragrances out there, I read reviews just to get an idea what to test before buying. I do sometimes blind-buy just to be surprised.

I guess I am more concerned what other people think, than what I think.. I tried it and I like it, but I can't wear it if majority of people out there hate it.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I am more concerned what other people think, than what I think.. I tried it and I like it, but I can't wear it if majority of people out there hate it.
    Just wear what you like mate, don't give too much thought to reviews. while reviews function as an excellent reference point, always remember that fragrances smell and project different on different people and not all of us share the same perception of scent.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

f*** the reviews on Basenotes!!
    If I only bought scents that got good reviews on here, I would be stuck with a wardrobe that would make me very unhappy. Somehow the taste of most experienced BN reviewers, donīt fit mine at all, and Iīve worn everything from the late 80īs, believe me.
    Wear what you like, and what you like only.
    Last edited by eric; 6th September 2009 at 04:32 PM.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

I tried it and I like it, but I can't wear it if majority of people out there hate it.
    For real?!
    That's kinda like asking for other people's approval to wear the colour orange in public because someone out there dislikes it.

Pardon my frankness mate, but its time to grow some... and enjoy it!
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 6th September 2009 at 12:21 PM.

Morning Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    That's kinda like asking for other people's approval to wear the colour orange in public because someone out there dislikes it.
    What's wrong with orange?

vita odorifera
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Last edited by perfaddict; 6th September 2009 at 07:39 PM.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

vita odorifera
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

And why not?

Fragrance Myth-Busting 101 - Other people's opinions of a frag do not really count, as long as YOU like (or dont) it. To you, your opinion is the most important.

Putting it another way, it just could be how you enjoy and carry it off that would sway other people's opinions positively. Be a good ambassador of your beautiful By Kilian

Welcome to BaseNotes.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

Beng different is cool. At the very least, you'd stand out among the forest of people doused in AdG, or some other generic bestsellers...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's only a mistake if you decide you don't like the scent. If it makes you happy, then it's a go!

The reviews are to guide you if you are trying to decide between different frags or maybe trying a new one & don't know what to expect.

AromiErotici

No worries bro. Just wear it. That should be your mantra instead of "Just do it"

Just wear it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Putting it another way, it just could be how you enjoy and carry it off that would sway other people's opinions positively. Be a good ambassador of your beautiful By Kilian
    Yes, exactly! Fragrances do not exist in a vacuum, they exist to be worn by people who will all bring out different qualities of it. Like clothes, if you are self-conscious about wearing a fragrance people will be able to sense that you are trying to affect an image of yourself that is not authentic, and they will not have a positive reaction to you whether or not they like the fragrance you are wearing. If you are comfortable and at ease with yourself because you really know that you smell good, people will respond well to you, again, whether or not they like your fragrance.
    Last edited by jbr; 6th September 2009 at 07:34 PM.

Screw what others think! Wear it and enjoy it. Live for yourself and not for others.

Here's my informal review after wearing this for a week. In summary this perfume is phenomenal. The longevity is about 9 hours, but I am pretty sure it's more than that since I take a shower after 9 hours. The smell is pretty light to medium, and it doesn't annoy others. I received many positive complements from women about the smell of this fragrance. I can't really describe the smell of fragrance well, but this stuff have a sweet orange note, but it is much more complex than other fragrance in the same field. I tried all of the Kilian line, but most of them are a bit too feminine,sweet, or too funky for me. PtL is labeled as unisex, but it is more of a men's fragrance in my opinion.

I am really glad that I made this purchase, and definitely not disappointed with it. I would encourage you all to try out this fragrance.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update, I'm glad it turned out well for you

Post Thanks / Like

And you were worrying for nothing

You should try and score a sample of Back to Black too, by the way. It's excellent.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I will try the rest of Kilian's fragrance again when I go back to Saks. Maybe I will change my mind upon smelling it the 2nd time.