Code of Conduct

Default Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme

interested in buying it. just wondering how the longevity and sillage are with it. thanks for the help

Default Re: Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme

I've been nursing a sample of this stuff for a while. Longevity and sillage I would say are both average, on my skin at least. I like it overall... probably not bottle-worthy for me though, at least not at Gucci prices. You can find it, like, anywhere though. Head over to Macy's and
    give yourself a few sprays to see how it works on you.

I get poor sillage and longevity from GbGPH. The 1st one hour yeah the sillage is good but it's downhill after that. After about 4 hrs its all gone. Some reviews described this scent as failure of epic proportions for a house like Gucci. Save your money Will. If u do want to get this make sure it's real cheap. I kind of blind bought this and i really regret it. Remains one of my worst buys. I've given GbGPH so many chances and wearings and I still don't like it. It smells nice but it's just too generic.but there's still something good in the drydown but problem is by the time it gets there it's either gone or too close too skin.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

A very good scent with poor sillage and longveity...too bad!

Sur la Plage

I think it smells great for the hour that this scent lasts. IMO, a fruit fly has more longevity then this fragrance.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Don't bother. It is very dissapointing and boring.

I'd like to try the women's version at some point... it's apparently much better than than the Pour Homme.

Guess I am lucky. Or oily. Lasts a long time on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneysuckle View Post
    Guess I am lucky. Or oily. Lasts a long time on me.
    I envy u. I even bought the deo stick. Layered the edt with deo stick and shower gel but still couldn't get much longevity or sillage. I hope an intense version is on the books.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

BINGO

Theirs a reason I'm seeing this for cheap at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Ross. It's because it's boring and smells feminine.

Avoid
    Last edited by BINGO; 6th September 2009 at 02:08 PM.

thanks all for the replies. so helpful. what are some recommendations for a fall/winter sweet fruity scent?

Quote Originally Posted by jbr View Post
    I'd like to try the women's version at some point... it's apparently much better than than the Pour Homme.
    Oh, it is! I picked up the carded EdP sample someone accidentally placed in the men's section. Not only does it last and have better projection (not great, just better than pour homme), it smells world's better. Not that the men's is bad, it's just not on the same level.
    Last edited by PorkFat; 6th September 2009 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will1983 View Post
    thanks all for the replies. so helpful. what are some recommendations for a fall/winter sweet fruity scent?
    Paco Rabanne Black XS, Guerlain Heritage edt (sweet but not fruity), Armani Diamonds For Men, Lancome Hypnose Homme.

This stuff lasts all day plus some on me every time I use it. The silage is fantastic with this one too.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

I had it and then i did give it away. I did get complements on it, yes but it stays very close to the skin, it does last a very long time, and yes it is VERY boring. for some reason, it feels like the second i smell it, it feels like i'm hitting a wall or w.e it's just not a good choice.

It lasts on me, with good sillage, but it gets on my nerves. Too little depth. Too linear.

I like it, and get decent longevity from it. I remember saying when it came out it has the "feel" of an 80's powerhouse, without being a powerhouse. If longevity is a problem, you may want to try Romance Silver, which is very similar.

If you're looking for a sweet/fruity scent for fall, you may want to try Escada Magnetism. I believe it's recently had a bit of a revival on the boards here. Some find it to be feminine as well, or have a vanilla Dr. Pepper feel, but it's underrated in my book (and the fact that it's not the most worn scent is nice, too).
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Poor sillage and longevity on me ... i was truly curious about this one but it is just not worth of buying !

Blog Entries

Poor longevity and sillage for me, too, although I love the scent. Shampoo and aftershave help me immensely with both longevity and sillage. I've actually had excessive sillage within the first two hours. I think that an intense version would be good, although it would be akin to putting "Pour Homme" on the women's EDP, really. A good intense might take the women's EDP and make it a touch closer to GPHII while retaining the chypre effect. I think Rochas Lui is somewhere near the right region, actually, if you're looking for a more intense version of GbGPH.

I'd recommend underrated Givenchy Very irresistible for men, can't go wrong with M7, 212 sexy men, Pi, cerruti 1881 black, Joop Thrill Man, Azzaro Onyx, Azzaro PH - although none of these are fruity
    Last edited by Zgb; 6th September 2009 at 10:48 PM.

GbGPH has good longevity and sillage on me; I just don't like it. Too fruit bubblegummy for me.

If you like fruity/sweet, GbGPH might actually be a good choice for you. Also check Cacharel Nemo and Chanel Allure.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Not a fan of this Gucci offering. I would put my frag bucks somewhere else. Strictly my opinion, though.

thanks all again. soo helpful