Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Sunday 6 September

Absolutely craving a sweet oriental today, and this 'spice bomb' seemed to fit the bill quite well:

Lorenzo Villoresi ALAMUT

Have a good Sunday!
    Last edited by BrothaG; 6th September 2009 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Bug
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Default Re: SotD Sunday 6 September

Good morning! I'm in a scent that pretty much has been in my wardrobe the last ten years! (better start getting to the bottom of this one soon,I guess!)Sotd is Allure.Hope you all have a nice day.

Versace pour Homme

Have a wonderful Sunday !

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Aramis - New West Skinscent for Men (vintage).

Top Notes: Calone, Bergamot, Geranium Leaf, Mint
    Middle Notes: Rosemary, Sage, Oregano, Lavender, Bay Leaf, Nutmeg, Juniper
    Base Notes: Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Moss, Musk

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Guerlain Insolence

Have a lovely Sunday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain
    Currently wearing: SummerbyKenzo by Kenzo

Today is a Baghari day! I have come to love that fragrance. It goes with anything in any kind of weather.

Dior Homme

Have a wonderful day.

Eau D'Amouage by Amouage from a sample
    fruit and jamy

Wearing Film Noir by Ava Luxe to bed
    Last edited by Coconut; 6th September 2009 at 03:09 PM. Reason: added SOTE
    Currently wearing: Le Gardénia by Isabey

Still chuckling, having just read AromiEroticis review of Allure Homme!
    Love an honest commentary.

Brooklyn for me today, inspired by ComDiva! She's so right about it being a more interesting feminine/slightly boring masculine.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage*red View Post
    Today is a Baghari day! I have come to love that fragrance. It goes with anything in any kind of weather.
    Baghari is on my must sniff list! Late to the Piguet party

The effervescent and sexy Armani Eclat de Jasmin today

beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Still groovin' on yesterday's S'nS...besides, it's grey and cloudy and I need me something dashing and romantic...SO-O-O-O-O-O....

That's Eau de 4 Voleurs
    ".....woodsy notes of cedar and clove, and intimates spicy conviviality with bergamot, lemon, clary sage, basil and juniper. Named after a Provençal legend...." from the site.

Gotta dig that spicy conviviality!!
    Last edited by TaoLady; 6th September 2009 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Specifications...
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Aramis Havana today and I boldly added an extra spritz. Time to show the scent barbarians what a sublime fragrance is all about
    "Are you a god?"
    "No"
    "Are you a wizard?"
    "No"
    "Are you a man?"
    "No"
    "Then what are you?"
    "I am awake.."

Hi, N_Tesla...was your birthday happy, honey ?

I was a butch broad yesterday, in Yatagan, La Reine de Butch, naturellement. ;-)

Last night, JWM.
    Early am- Miss Dior.
    Post shower, it will be Samsara parfum.

B and I were too traumatized yesterday to do much more than cry, after 10 hours of drive and dropping J off at Princeton..
    No matter WHAT you've heard- no matter how much anticipatory work you've done-
    No matter how well-balanced you are-
    NOTHING prepares you for the loss. Nothing.

Our sense of sorrow was magnified, for me-
    By travelling roads I'd taken so many times with my own mother [ soon my first anniversary of her death], including the one 37 years ago, when she brought me to Boston.
    All week long, the Divine had sprinkled my path with frequent allusions, events, reconnoiters that added to the warp and weft of the loom .
    The incremental effect was pretty devastating.

So far, B and I are being gentle with each other, and very tender.
    We are pretty sad. ..

Off to Ikea, to buy J a teapot and a small area rug.

Love you all ;-)

Hugs to you, Chaya.

Back in Musc Ravageur today, I seem to be addicted.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Still in Chanel nr 5.

Basenotes Institution

Hugs to Miss Chaya, the tenderest thoughts to you and Mr.Chaya. And don't you worry, J. will be back to his mama.

Vintage Jean d'Albret Casaque.

Continuing my Chanel Bender, this morning's shower with the No 5 Bath bar and a healthy spritz of the No 5 Edt for good measure. I needed this lift!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Dia - Amouage

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Kicking back with Bigarade Concentree.

L'Occitane Honey & Lemon. I decided to order the 2007 (non-shimmer) version, and I'm glad I did. It's very pretty, and it has already elicited a compliment (a rare bird in the Midwest). It's gourmand, but unlike most of my gourmands (which feel like fall/winter scents), this one feels like summer.

From L'Occitane:
    TOP: Italian lemon, Cinnamon
    HEART: Honey from Provence, Caramel
    BASE: Vanilla, Patchouli

I'm wearing Yves Rocher's Désir de Nature , a friendly green floral that smells like a sunny summer morning. Mandarin, Crushed Mint Leaves, Headspace Daphne, Lily-of-the-Valley, Cedar.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Sunday 6 September

Parfums de Nicolaï 's COLOGNE SOLOGNE

Very nice cologne for very warm and sunny day, like today !!!!!
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 7th September 2009 at 07:13 AM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Aw, bless you, Chaya. It can't be easy to let go when you've loved them and looked after them for so long. I've been thinking of you, honey. Big hug.

Nice one, Quarry, on your new speaking engagement. Woo hoo!

I'm looking forward to some visitor-free time to get out house back in order after a summer of constant upheaval. I'm also going to be doing a bunch of work with Small to get her up to speed in kindergarten. (Geez, who expected to be playing catchup when she's only just started going?) And as part of my general tidying up campaign, I hope to get to sort through my samples and start testing properly again. Hopefully I'll learn a lot too.

Anyway, my SOTD are both courtesy of the incredibly generous Petruccijc (Thanks so much, Joe!) and tie in to the SnS. I couldn't really join in yesterday, but today I have Opium Pour Homme on my left wrist (butch!!!!) and Arpege Pour Homme on my right (lovely! A really nice light woodsy fragrance that is perfect for women). I am really enjoying this and will keep going with the masculines for a few days more until I have exhausted Joe's generous care package. My hubby has even sniffed at the Opium Pour Homme appreciatively and he's notoriously fragophobic!
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Oops, wrong subforum.
    Last edited by zliang; 6th September 2009 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I'm wearing Yves Rocher's Désir de Nature , a friendly green floral that smells like a sunny summer morning. Mandarin, Crushed Mint Leaves, Headspace Daphne, Lily-of-the-Valley, Cedar.
    That sounds pretty! I'm always looking out for a daphne note, and hadn't heard of that one. Have you smelled real daphne flowers, lilybelle? If so, can you smell them in this fragrance?

I'm going for gentle and comforting today with Pacifica's Malibu Lemon Blossom, from a little solid sent by a fragrance friend. Here is the short description from the Pacifica website:
    This fresh scent captures the free spirit of the Pacific Ocean with lemony Litsea Cubeba, flowering Angel's Trumpet, fresh herbs and salty sea breezes.
    I'm liking it a lot! Tempted to order some of the body butter in this fragrance.

Speaking of gentle and comforting, sending hugs to you, Chaya. You sound like an extraordinary mother.
    Last edited by Haunani; 6th September 2009 at 04:46 PM. Reason: typo

Putting my trusty camera through its paces after being away for repair - the camera, that is, not me - and it's as good as new. It never was a great quality one, but just sometimes I get really nice results with it.

DA&GL for my Sotd.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    That sounds pretty! I'm always looking out for a daphne note, and hadn't heard of that one. Have you smelled real daphne flowers, lilybelle? If so, can you smell them in this fragrance?
    I don't think I have smelled daphne (that I've ever been aware of). What does it smell like? I definitely get the mandarin, mint, lily of the valley all up top, and something a bit sweetish like jasmine/narcissus combined, maybe that's the daphne? I'm not good at identifying notes.

I'm wearing Keiko Mecheri Peau de Pêche. Very pleasant and pretty white peach scent. Plus the sandalwood drydown is lovely. Shame that it is hardly detectable - only when I press my nose into the crook of my elbow and inhale deeply, very deeply.

Love the avatar, Lilybelle!
    Today it's Nocturnes by Caron. Smells extra fab today.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

It was Patchouli 24. Then the anti-patchouli SO said "eeeew!" and since I'm spending the day with him, I layered New Haarlem over it. Patchouli and coffee. Kind of works.

Crayfish