Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up S o t D Monday 7 September 2009

:wave::wave::wave:Good Morning Girls, have all a great, great week:bounce::bounce::bounce:

For a another very warm day, nothing better than Alberto Morillas'

ACQUA DI PARMA COLONIA INTENSA

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: S o t D Monday 7 September 2009

Good morning all Woke up early today despite the fact that it got kind of late yesterday. A friend of mine is leaving the city .....and probably for good.Therefore she wanted me to come with her on a concert with "The Demon Claws",(a Canadian band),yesterday.It was a good concert ,and the Lead singer turned out to be a great guy.We ended up talking and hanging out after the concert Only bad thing is that it seems I lost my cell-phone yesterday Anyway Sotd is Bois d'iris.Hope you all have a nice day!
    Last edited by ineespenes; 7th September 2009 at 08:11 AM.

Armani Night today - I tend to neglect my pre-Basenotes purchases, but this one really holds up very well.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

SotD : Cristalle Eau de Toilette - Chanel

SotE : Léonard de Léonard Parfum - Léonard
    Wishlist is pointless.

SotD: Ta'if(Ormande Jayne)

Gris Clair

Prada #1 Iris.

Here in the USA we are having another day off and this year it is the first year in my memory that I do not celebrate Labor Day with labor, the one they give you a paycheck for, because you know there is always cleaning, laundry, cooking, garage.....

They say there is going to be a city parade right in front of our house, with Antique tractors, local businesses' floats and a marching band. There were rock concerts Saturday night and last night in downtown (about 300 yards away), but we decided we would skip. Anyhow, happy day to everyone and to those pouring their efforts into the world's economy.

Please someone in/around NYC contact RedHotMama, tell her we -- kumquat and I -- are looking for her for the Blind Sniff. Hope everything is OK with her and the family.
    Last edited by Twolf; 7th September 2009 at 10:43 AM.

Poupee!
    Your friend is your needs answered. He is your field which you sow with love and reap with thanksgiving.

Sarah Jessica Parker 'Lovely' for me today - I've made quite a solid dent in my bottle of this already, I like it so much more than I thought I would.
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Twolfie-
    Your day sounds wonderful...though I know it's odd not to be working ;-)
    Not to worry about RHM, darling- she's with hubby in the islands, so I'm sure she's been busy ;-)

AL Dark Amber for bed, some chypre today- maybe Parfum Rare...it'll be warmer here.
    Gorgeous weather.

Still coming to terms with the rattling about in our tiny space-
    Thank you, dears, for all your support.
    I think if we had family backup, anyone left living who cared about our boys and their achievements, it would be easier.
    It just feels so lonely-those remaining don't give a crap and don't get it, either.
    Makes B and me realize what a wonderful unit we've created and fostered among the four of us, and our dear friends.....

Loving thoughts to our Brielle and our poor migraineuse !
    Joy, I'm so happy for you...;-)
    Last edited by chayaruchama; 7th September 2009 at 11:08 AM.

Big bear hugs to my two ladies who are feeling so bad. Chaya I love your unit. You have created the love and support for your family that many would happily be a part of. If those around you don't realize what you and B have accomplished in raising your boys, well pardon my french, screw 'em
    Brielle I only hope that you don't spend time beating yourself up trying to wonder if you could have saved the person. When someone looks into those depths and makes that kind of final choice the only way the tragedy is made worse is if it causes others to feel that despair, too. You are a wonderful person but even wonderful people can't help everyone.

It has been a busy weekend for me as I've been drafting multiple fantasy football teams, watching college football, international football (soccer), going to BBQ's and otherwise enjoying this last fling with summer.
    Today I'm heading to the next-to-last draft up in NH and needed something "manly" for the occasion.

John Varvatos

It must be difficult as a perfumer to be given the assignment to create a designer scent. Probably similar to being an artist working in advertising. You want to be able to show off your artistry but the client has a vision they want to see realized. I think this is why so many times when I approach a designer scent I'm already pre-disposed to yawn because I'm not really expecting anything very different. It is nice when those expectations get dashed, every once in a while. Rodrigo Flores-Roux manages to tread a nice line between commercial and creative in his 2004 creation John Varvatos. In some of the press materials about John Varvatos they trumpet that some of the notes used in this scent were used for the first time. Sometimes there is a reason for that. Happily, in this case M. Flores-Roux uses that novelty to create originality over a base of familiarity and creates one of the better designer scents to be found. According to the note list the top notes are; medjool dates, Mediterranean herbs and tamarind leaves. This combination has a quality of feeling like a dark fruit married to a mix of dry herbs of which rosemary is the most prominent, and it is all tied together with an interesting green note I haven't smelled before; tamarind I presume. The top overall is sweet but the rosemary and tamarind offset it enough to keep it from being too sweet. Sage and coriander are used to transition the scent into a heart of Indian Ajowan, which is a variety of caraway. I have really come to enjoy the use of caraway in colognes, Parfumerie Generale Querelle uses it to stunning effect. The ajowan here carries the same dark spiciness that I get from Querelle but in conjunction with the sage and coriander, in John Varvatos, it feels more herbal overall. The heart transitions to the base on a note of vanilla which carries the scent into safe masculine woody teritory. In the base the unique note is called Eaglewood but it smells like a less-complex version of oud and a more complex version of gaiac. There is also a synthetic added called Auramber and based on the name I'm guessing this is the source of the warm amber feel underneath the intense woods. There is also a hint of resin which also might be coming from the auramber, as well. I find John Varvatos to be very long-lasting with above average sillage, on me. It can be depressing sometime to look out at the sea of designer scents out there and sigh. That's why its nice to wear John Varvatos and be able to turn that frown upside down.

Have a Melodic Monday everyone.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 7th September 2009 at 11:29 AM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Creed Virgin Island Water. Happy Labor Day to all of the US BNers!

Top Notes: Bergamot, Lime, Mandarin, Coconut Toddy, Copra
    Middle Notes: Jasmine, Hibiscus, Ylang-ylang, Ginger
    Base Notes: Tonkin Musk, White Rum, Sugar Cane

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

A*Men Pure Coffee

Hope you have a wonderful day.

D&G Light Blue for me today.

(((Hugs to Chaya)))

Quote Originally Posted by chayaruchama View Post
    I think if we had family backup, anyone left living who cared about our boys and their achievements, it would be easier.
    It just feels so lonely-those remaining don't give a crap and don't get it, either.
    ChayChay - stuff 'em, you've got us!!!! We may be an unconventional 'family' but we're as keen on hearing all about your lovely boys as any aunties or uncles could be. And remember that while the living ones don't give a crap, I'm sure you know exactly which of the ancestors would be enormously proud of your family's achievements. They may be gone but they are are genetically present in Team Chaya, so you can imagine them cheering you all on too.

Small isn't settling in Kindergarten, though I was bizarrely cheered this morning when I popped in to speak to her teacher. One of the little chaps in her class was bawling his eyes out, bless him. I felt for the little lad's pain, but was glad Small is not the only wailer in Frau Lightsabre's flock. Evidently she's not the only one struggling to adjust.

Anyway, because we're very concerned about Small in School, I completely forgot to spritz this morning and find myself unscented. Shock! Since I have collected Small and learned she was very good today and didn't cry (thereby earning herself a handful of Smarties in a process no longer called bribery and now called 'positive reinforcement'), I am feeling much cheered and think I might go for a sweetie myself. L de Lolita Lempicka is calling me.

Hoping you all have a good day, whether you are labouring or not.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Basenotes Plus

Roberto, you started us off in yet another beautiful choice! You are smelling fabulous and elegant, as always.

(((((Chaya,))))) I can only echo what's been already said here - we love you and care about you and your loved ones, and are genuinely interested in what's going on in your lives. Maybe not exactly the same as biological family, but pretty darn close in terms of caring and concern. Me, I'm sitting here simultaneously kvelling and tearing up over J. I LOVE THAT KID! (and his family, too.) xoxo

Dear (((((Brielle))))) I just went back over the last day or two of posts. I am so sorry. Words fail me in the face of such a painful, wrenching loss. Please accept my condolences, my dear. xxxooo

Wordie, (((((hugs))))) to you and Small. Bless 'em, they eventually acclimate but when all's said and done, in the meantime they're still little ones, even as we guide them and encourage them to step up. My good friend Lisa and I met in Lamaze classes (HAR!!! HAR!!! HAR!!!) over 22 years ago and we have always reassured each other about our kids with this line: "They'll be fine. WE'LL be dead but THEY'LL be fine." LOL xoxo

Sotd is Creed Royal Delight
    Notes: citrus, mandarin, jasmine, leather, amber, vanilla

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Gendarme today. Let the rains come. I fixed the roof leak yesterday.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Oh Brielle! My heart goes out to you and yours after reading about such sad circumstances. Truly, I am sorry.

Dear Chaya, although you are a woman of keen wisdom, your sensitive heart still aches...I'm sending you a squeeze that you should feel all the way from Indiana to Mass.

Positive vibes to basenoters in need.

I'll be joining Roberto (who strangely enough, looks just like Sean Penn! ) by wearing an Alberto Morillas creation:

Herve Leger

Sampling Hervé Léger, thanks to a dear friend. The first sniff makes me think of Valentino V, another favorite of mine, so you guessed well! They share the heliotrope & sandalwood.

Hugs to all who need them... Wordie's right, Chaya, you've got a whole passel of aunties & uncles here to share J's accomplishments with. I know you'll miss him being around, but Twolf is right, too: "J. will be back to his mama." He is hale, hearty, happy, and diving headlong into life. There is so much joy in that.

(Gee, I wonder who I got that Hervé Léger from? )

Ah, Wordie !
    Frau Lightsabre is a piece of work...

You've got a free spirit there-
    And, speaking from experience, it is difficult to be an individual in a society that praises 'compliance', order, and conformity.
    Little will adjust; the challenge is always to keep the spirit intact ;-)
    [Not an easy task, as you well imagine- but you and DH are up to it, most definitely]

I feel for you all.
    This parenting stuff is NOT FOR THE FEEBLE, baby ;-)

Bless you all for your sweet support.
    I surely don't mean to grumble.
    Kisses to you all !

Hello, everyone
    Un bois Vanille by Serge Lutens for me today. I just put it one, now in the afternoon. Comforting, wonderful.
    Big day for me: This morning I had an eye operation; new lenses inside the eyes, to rid me of my glasses (hurray), and I tell every person who bothers to listen
    Anyways, I thought it would be an idea to put on perfume after the procedure, to avoid negative associations to any of my beloved scents.
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    My SOTD is Creed Virgin Island Water. Happy Labor Day to all of the US BNers!
    It's Labour Day Weekend in Canada too

Today the chewy mouth watering greens of PdN Le Temps d'Une Fete

beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    It's Labour Day Weekend in Canada too
    And a Happy Labour Day to all of our Canadien BNers!
    Last edited by petruccijc; 7th September 2009 at 02:31 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Brielle: I am so very sorry. Sometimes, even if one is aware of the risk, it is ultimately difficult to prevent someone from taking her/his life. Depression is a deadly disease. I am so sorry.

Chaya: You have a wonderful family that you built through love, sweat, and tears. Let go of the other swirling mishigas.

Wordbird: You are so right. Parenting is not for the weak of soul. Too bad we are not warned beforehand There is nothing that can make one doubt oneself, one's self-worth, even one's reason for being, than an intelligent, petulant adolescent.

I am wearing AL Frangipani over monoi oil.

sotd:
    Amouage
    Silver

Happy Labor Day to all who celebrate, and hugs to all who need them.

Today, I am preparing traditional midwestern Labor Day fare for my solo feast: Bratwurst cooked in beer, corn on the cob cooked in the husks and cold potato salad with egg and enough onion to cause social discomfort (from the deli), and maybe some baked beans if I have any in the pantry. I don't have a grill, so all will be done indoors with the stove

No SotD today, yet--I'll post again later.

Hi everyone! Happy Labour Day to those enjoying it :-)

CSP Ecume de The for me today.

Love and warm thoughts to those in need, here and elsewhere....
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

SOTD : MH Fleurs de Bois-
    Green and more.

Blog Entries

Vintage Tabac Blond

A deep bold opening of nearly gasoline on leather.
    It eventually morphs to a sensuous thrumming geranium based amber that is anything but sweet.
    This thing grabs you by the throat & won't let go.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post

Vintage Tabac Blond

A deep bold opening of nearly gasoline on leather.
    It eventually morphs to a sensuous thrumming geranium based amber that is anything but sweet.
    This thing grabs you by the throat & won't let go.
    Oooh! what a beautiful bottle, -and the picture itself also!
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell

wow, that tabac blond bottle has me drooling!
    ah, the memories of my first perfume love...the throbbing of my heart..!!!

today I am wearing something from a little mystery vial, unmarked.
    I thought it was Plus Que Jamais, with that toffee note,
    but as the drydown happens, I am wondering if it is Patou Pour Homme Prive
    perhaps I am losing my mind
    whatever it is it is velvety, rich and elegant, and I am thoroughly enjoying it.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I'm new, sidling in to say I'm wearing Marc Jacobs Splash in Ivy, since it feels like Autumn here.

Basenotes Institution

Hello everyone ! It seems I missed abit whilst I was away.
    Brielle- I am very sorry and I am sending you many hugs, sweet one.
    Chaya - hugs in order for you too.
    Wordbird- being a parent is challenging like nothing else .

It's Labor Day here which means everyone is off work for a change on a Monday - the streets are silent !

This morning I am wearing my new Jo Malone Tuberose which is delightfully tuberose and nto much else, similar to Fracas .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 7th September 2009 at 03:39 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I'll be spending Labor Day with my colleagues at work, at least those who are assigned this holiday. I don't mind as my kids are adults and there is no back to school fuss to be made. And besides if the weather is lovely I will have the beach to myself tomorrow or if it's foul the stores. I will make DH and myself a lovely salad and some burgers (soy for me) before I head to work.

((((Chaya)))), family jealousies and pettiness are sometimes just a sad fact of life. I dealt with this to a certain extent with my girls, if you are a proud of an achievement and want to share, they (DH's fam) will turn it into "bragging" every time or write off hard work to simple luck. I guess it makes them feel better, but everyone loses, IMO.

I think it's Jacomo Parfum Rare for me today.

Kumquat, that photo is just beautiful!
    Last edited by Zibeline; 7th September 2009 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    And a Happy Labour Day to all of our Canadien BNers!
    Why thank you, and VIW is such a perfect holiday choice, you smell YUMS
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

We're not Laboring today, but will cook out later. I have my bi-annual sinus funk so I spritzed myself with vanilla sweetness of L, which I catch whiffs of here & there. I have not being able to smell anything

Hugs to all of you who are having a tough one.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Sending hugs to you all...
    SOTD: Bulgari original
    SOTE: Lolita Lempicka original
    SFTB: Nicolai - Sacrebleu from a sample

Narciso Rodriguez for Her EdT. I hated this when I first received the sample a few months ago but now...mmm. The honey is really popping for me today and it's working fabulously on a dreary, chilly day.
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    (Gee, I wonder who I got that Hervé Léger from? )
    We are SO in sync today!

Welcome pippedydee! (Mind if I make that pip? You'll be in the very good company of Dickens' Pip, after all) Deadly cute avatar picture you have, by the way.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Laurier-Reglisse

Notes: Bay Leaf, Licorice, Amber, Violet, Bergamot, Orange Blossom (from Sephora.com)

The first ten minutes of Laurier-Reglisse are quite scrumptious--blended citrus, petitgrain, white florals, vanilla, and nondescript synthetic sandalwood with a vaguely watery quality that provides freshness without being one of the much maligned aquatic genre. Despite the name, I do not smell any laurel or bay, but there is an herbal tone to the fragrance. Unfortunately, as the appealing citrus notes start to fade, the "fresh" ingredient starts to smell a bit of ozone, and is rather poorly placed in relation to LR's green-herbal context. Soon after, the sandalwood takes on a plastic hairspray quality that I have noticed in some other fragrances, notably very cheap drugstore offerings. Thankfully the plastic and ozone settles eventually, and the base contains more pleasant levels of the "fresh" note along with the faint woods and an ubiquitous clean musk. LR is a better fragrance than Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte for green freshness that is on the synthetic side. However, there are much better green fragrances to be had, including some of the previously discontinued Aqua Allegorias. As with most of the AA's, LR is short lived, with minimal sillage, and is suitable for either men or women.

Badgley Mischka

Notes: red wild berries, peach, cinnamon, osmanthus, white peony, jasmine, suede musks, indian sandalwood, caramel amber, patchouli (from badgleymischka.com)

To my nose, Badgley Mischka is composed of super sweet florals with mixed berries, soft wood, vanilla and clean patchouli. It reminds me of a better version of Miss Dior Cherie--it is just as sweet and powdery as any of this type, and although it eventually acquires a bitter edge similar to MDC, it is better balanced overall. As Badgley Mischka develops, the fruit takes on a liquored quality, sweet and tart, slightly fermented yet clean and rich. The florals are thoroughly blended and without an indole in sight. The powdery, woody patchouli base is astringent almost to the point of being leathery. As far as fruity-floral-patchouli fragrances go, Badgley Mischka seems to be extremely wearable, not as overpowering as Angel and more carefully composed than most post-Angel wannabe's. It's not really my style, but so far, this is one of the only gourmand fragrances that has tempted me to give in to this modern feminine genre. It is hardly surprising, as it strikes me that if one were to take Chanel Coco (one of my favorites) and make it a modern feminine gourmand, this would be it. Badgley Mischka seems to share more DNA with Coco than any other Chanel creations, including Coco Mademoiselle. The sillage is strong, and longevity is very good.

Basenotes Plus

Hello, everybody!
    We've been away visiting my husband, who is working in St. Croix, USVI. Apparently, the economy has caused a number of families to get creative with communication, as one spouse finds work far from home. So it is with us.
    We did have a lovely time, even managed to enjoy Tropical Storm/depression Erika, parts I & II. BUT, it was a weepy parting, even though I promised myself I would not cry.
    AG Sables wore well in the heat for evening. Just a "dot" was plenty. SL's Douce Amere was my "go to" fragrance during the trip. I'd expected to enjoy Carthusia's La Sirena but it reacted badly with my skin, which was tender from the extra sun. So, I only wore La Sirena once.
    All three of these scents were a gift from a fellow b'noter, tdem and were perfect for travel. Thank you, sweetheart!
    The only other scent I wore during the 11 day holiday was Bond No. 9 Fire Island. The floras were amped up in the heat where it smelled less like expensive sunscreen & more complex overall. That was a nice bonus.
    St. Croix was a very interesting place to explore. My husband is doing important recycling work on the island and I discovered exactly how dangerous his job is. Knocking down 7 story metal structures, safely is scary!
    I can see I have some catching up to do on the board. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Brielle, Chaya, Wordie}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    Huge welcome to our new members too!
    Give me a few days to get myself together & my girl off to middle school (lord, help us both!)
    SOTD is Chanel Cristalle Eaue Verte Not bad, very green. I actually got an unsolicited compliment the first time I wore it. I'm still working through my samples on this one. Not sure if it's FBW.
    Last edited by RHM; 8th September 2009 at 12:27 AM. Reason: tiredness & poor syntax

Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte

Eau d'Orange Verte begins with juicy orange, lemon peel and bergamot, a beautifully balanced Eau de Cologne. As with the EdC genre, Ed'OV is incredibly short lived and with very low sillage. The citrus blend is a refreshing burst that immediately begins to attenuate, revealing a slightly sweet leathery musk, a gentle herbal accord (rosemary, mint, oakmoss) and some faint woody notes. Nothing seems out of place here, and the ingredients are of a high calibre--no excessive soapyness or harshness to be found. There are some similarities to Miller Harris Tangerine Verte, however Ed'OV seems more classic and refined, even if it does not last nearly as long. Ed'OV is marketed as a unisex fragrance, although the leathery musk and herbal ingredients push this fragrance a bit to the masculine side. This is a great choice for warm weather, and an excellent example of the traditional Cologne style.
    Last edited by Asha; 7th September 2009 at 07:46 PM.

Welcome back RHM! Glad you had a safe trip!

Welcome back RHM!

I missed some days, because my husband was in the hospital...

I had not time to catch up with all that happened to you yet...

Hugs to Brielle, Chaya and Wordie.

I am wearing Cuir de Lancome today, which I love.

Big Hugs to all that need one today.

I'm laboring today in Coco Mademoiselle today. Gotta do 16hrs today.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Blog Entries

It brings me sadness to see so many of you dealing with tough changes. It appears to be the time of year for change-- the brink of autumn. Soon winter and darkness and cold, and another year over. I mostly hate it, really. I wish we could always have sunshine and warmth in our lives, even if it meant nothing ever changed.

I've decided to grab some of this end of summer day and do yard work in Guerlain Vetiver. Vetiver soothes me, and Guerlain's slightly scratchy quality (carnation?) is invigorating. I love how the vetiver doesn't fully unfold until a couple of hours after application.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Oh, Brielle. Had to go dig out posts from the days I was out of it. Have sent a PM to what must be an overflowing inbox. :/

Chaya and Wordie, your posts are touching and lovely as always

We seem to have many new members joining and/or de-lurking: welcome, all!

My migraine returned with a vengeance (don't quite know what's going on); had to go back to docs today - very boring. On two different meds now. Back in 2 days for a check-up. HIGHLY unusually, still craved perfume, though only a very light spray away from the head region. Yup, Tam Dao. Will this be some kind of migraine potion for me?

Started the day late in Je Reviens. Then at the mall with my hubby I had a quick spritz of Jessica McClintock, which is such a pretty fragrance. Now, much later...I'm at home and wearing Lanvin's Rumeur. Doh! This is the one that has the aldehyde that smells like "the steam rising off of a shirt that's being ironed." I couldn't remember recently, and it had been buggin me.

Sending (((hugs))) to Chaya, Small, and everyone else who needs one.

Quote Originally Posted by pippedydee View Post
    I'm new, sidling in to say I'm wearing Marc Jacobs Splash in Ivy, since it feels like Autumn here.
    :wave: to Pip!

Ormonde Jayne Woman here, on a muggy grey day. Followed by l'Occitane Mom and Baby Water, which I bought today for my daughter but may have to help her with

Sending good vibes and comforting thoughts to Brielle, Nukapai, Chaya, Wordbird, Outlandish, and anyone else in need of healing.

SOTD is Le Temps d'une Fete again. Take care all.

Scent twins with Inscentiable in Narciso Rodriguez For Her edt which I wore for daytime. This evening enjoying my new frag, YSL Elle, which was my treat for completing a half marathon yesterday. Didn't like this at all when it was first released but now I think it is really pretty, quite girly with the berries and touch of patchouli.

Hello everybody,

I feel sad that some of you are going through tough times. May you listen to all the words of comfort and receive all the hugs from your fellow BNers that will make your pain ease a bit.

Today I am wearing La Petite Robe Noire. It is so not me, but I like it somehow. The other day I was at work and a beautiful smell came from my left wrist. I was puzzled for a few seconds because I knew it was not my scent of the day. It was the drydown leftover from the wrist band of my watch and it was LPRN that I had worn the day before.
    Evenstar

Blog Entries

Smile Re: S o t D Monday 7 September 2009

Nahema by Guerlain.

Basenotes Institution

It's a very lovely slow day here for me. I've been wearing Jo Malone's Tuberose all day but I could not help myself and now I've layered it with Fracas. 2 great tuberose scents for a languid afternoon in CA.
    Still thinking of Brielle and sending you hugs ,darling.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

A big welcome to you, pippedydee. You will love it here!

We just returned from a weekend trip to visit my aged and ailing parents. I'm sad, so for my SotE I've decided to try something I was saving for "special" (thank you, BlackCat!). It is Parfums DelRae Amoureuse. This is some heady stuff -- I'm glad I dabbed lightly! It's gorgeous and different, but may be too honeyed for me. It's not cloyingly sweet, however. And there is pollen-y floral of some sort that has my nose glued to my wrist. I might just fall in love -- too early to tell!

Many of us are dealing with sadness and worry. Here's wishing all of us a gentle, soothing week filled with lovely fragrance!

I'm going through a hyper phase where I can't wear just one SOTD.
    This morning I wore ... Nocturnes by Caron with Fleurs de Provence Lavende by Molinard. With a teal short sleeved t shirt. After lunch- when I'd spilled food or something on my shirt- I put on a long sleeved tie dyed t shirt and Un Jardin En Mediteranee by Hermes. Returned to the campus for my afternoon classes. Applied a spritz of Fig & Vetiver by Anthousa mid afternoon. Finally, before my evening shift at work, I put on a funky print button down shirt and Madness Natural Black by Chopard.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

I'm wrapping up the last day of a loooooooong weekend (in more ways than one) with an afternoon of Coco EdP. (yes, the original) Ah, it's Chanel, it's an 80s power scent....a perfect storm of nostalgia and goodness!

but, what for sleep? I'm leaning towards Bois des Iles. But, I must confess that my I strayed from my Chanelapalooza the other night, after an evening of Sycomore, I layered on a bit of SL Cuir Mauresque at bedtime that lasted til morning.....
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Vintage Varvatos as SotE
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon