Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Institution

Default Re: S o t D Monday 7 September 2009

This evening, it's Amouage Ubar from a sample - thank you dear Kumquat ! I love this- it's what Amouage is all about .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

SotE VS Lace Orange Flower

Was de***ting in the evening -- while the beef stew was stewing -- got a craving for Nahema, will go sleep in it.

Hugs and Brielle, comforting thoughts and prayers for the whole family.

Basenotes Institution

Nu (body cream) by YSL (thanks LeNez)

I couldn't comfortably wear Nu, in the EdP, but the body cream makes the scent much more user friendly. Nice. Would smell fantastic layered with some other incense scent - maybe Avignon.

Blog Entries

Hi all!

Seeing what some folks here are going through, I was going to try to write something poetic about how suffering makes the good times feel even happier, but no one wants to hear that while something bad is happening, so I'll just offer my best wishes to everyone, whether embroiled in good times or bad...

I'm playing catch-up with some missed SOTD's, while still making my way through a rather embarrassing number of full bottles I've bought but not given a proper wearing.

Yesterday's SOTE was Eau d'Italie Bois d'Ombrie.

Woods and vinegar, with a pinch of smoke and some creamy myrrh incense in the base. I can see how many, many people would hate the vinegar note, which is very present, but it gives this an edible quality that I quite enjoy. It seems to be all about the proper application - too much and it's all vinegar...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's SOTD was another unworn full bottle, Fraîche Passiflore by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier.

To be blunt, I'm not really sure why I bought this. It was during my New York vacation and I'd spent a good two hours sniffing EVERYTHING at Aedes after having already fragrance-shopped all day. I was tired and wanted to buy something after spending so much time there, preferably an MPG. They were sold out of my first choice, Garrigue, so I picked Fraîche Passiflore.

It's basically a fruity floral. On me, the top is a juicy sour green apple mixed with crispy Asian pear. I think there's also some lily in there giving the whole thing another layer of green moistness. All in all, it's quite nice, if a little simple (at times, I did feel like this could have been a Victoria's Secret or something like that). But it definitely smells good, and I'm quite impressed to learn that this came out in 1988, predating everything else that smelled like this by many many years.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's SOTE has been Le Labo Bergamote 22, yet another unworn bottle.

I'd tried Bergamote 22 in SF at Barneys, but they only sell full-size bottles and I really only liked it enough to want a smaller size. As luck would have it, the actual Le Labo boutiques sell little 15 ml travel sizes, so I picked one up (sorry for the misleading picture - I couldn't find a pic of the travel size on the web).

I call this one a backwards chypre. The top is a deep forest of vetiver, moss, and petitgrain, which eventually fade, leaving a base of fresh, sweet bergamot. I find this clever, like a little joke that only I and other fragrance nerds would ever appreciate, but that actually makes it more fun.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Thanks for the welcome!

Wall Street by Bond No.9
    Gary