Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default giorgio beverly hills for men 1984(original)VS giorgio beverly hills for men(re-issue

My girlfriend recently bought me(from e-bay)a used bottle of giorgio beverly hills for men(1984).I know that this fragrance was discontinued a number of years ago but quite recently it was re-issued and is now distributed by EA fragrances.The liquid in my bottle is a dark brown honey colour-and here lies one of my questions.Is the original giorgio for men a darker liquid than the recent re-issue? On my bottle i took a look at the underneath of the bottle and couldnt find any reference to EA fragrances-do i have a vintage bottle of giorgio? As for the fragrance itself well it is a very captivating and lingering smell and it has easily jumped into my top five fragrances alongside such notables as carons third man and antaeus but i think giorgio could even be better than those two fragrance legends.I have attached a photo of the giorgio that i now have-your thoughts and advice would be very welcome.Many thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: giorgio beverly hills for men 1984(original)VS giorgio beverly hills for men(re-i

the original giorgio and the relaunched are identical and both are of green colour. might be that you got an old bottle that changed colour due to age.

Default Re: giorgio beverly hills for men 1984(original)VS giorgio beverly hills for men(re-i

Giorgio for Men was originally produced by Fred and Gale Hayman. They named it after Giorgio, their Beverly Hills store. The house, Giorgio Beverly Hills, was sold to Avon as part of their divorce settlement. The house is now owned by P&G Prestige Fragrances. Elizabeth Arden is licensed by P&G to produce Giorgio Beverly Hills fragrances and reintroduced Giorgio for Men in 2008.

Edit: Giorgio for Men is still my all-time favorite fragrance. The reissued version is, in my minority opinion, every bit as good as the vintage.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 7th September 2009 at 02:52 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I didnt realise that giorgio is of a green colour-the bottle i have(even if it is an aged and discoloured vintage version)smells pretty damn good.i cant smell any off notes and it certainly doesnt smell bad-maybe its like a good bottle of whisky-the longer it ages the darker the colour goes-the better it gets.honestly though i dont think i have ever smelt a fragrance as sublime as giorgio for men-i really love this fragrance.amazing stuff!!

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by wirral guy View Post
    I didnt realise that giorgio is of a green colour-the bottle i have(even if it is an aged and discoloured vintage version)smells pretty damn good.i cant smell any off notes and it certainly doesnt smell bad-maybe its like a good bottle of whisky-the longer it ages the darker the colour goes-the better it gets.honestly though i dont think i have ever smelt a fragrance as sublime as giorgio for men-i really love this fragrance.amazing stuff!!
    Usually, the dark color can be attributed to age and the top notes burned away. The frag necessarily hasn't "turned" and can still smell good. You probably are missing the top notes and when you apply the scent you go directly to the heart and base of the pyramid.

I have some juice like this and it's still good to go. Top notes are fleeting anyway.

it looks very dark to me , my bottle has a light green juice. I am happy to know that the new formulation does not differ much from the vintage formula. A winner!
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Giorgio for Men was originally produced by Fred and Gale Hayman. They named it after Giorgio, their Beverly Hills store. The house, Giorgio Beverly Hills, was sold to Avon as part of their divorce settlement. The house is now owned by P&G Prestige Fragrances. Elizabeth Arden is licensed by P&G to produce Giorgio Beverly Hills fragrances and reintroduced Giorgio for Men in 2008.

Edit: Giorgio for Men is still my all-time favorite fragrance. The reissued version is, in my minority opinion, every bit as good as the vintage.
    Interesting info. I never knew Hayman was behind it. I'm glad to hear the juice in any formulation is good. This still can be had for really good prices as well.

I own the new formulation, and I asked the same question on BN when I got it. I don't know what the original smelled like, but the current version is superb. It's now one of my Top Ten all time favorites. One of the great "powerscents" of the 1980s.

I would trust TwoRoads' assessment that there's little or no difference b/w old and new.

I have both the vintage and the reformulated version...both are pretty much exactly the same color and have the same scent. This was a rare example of a fragrance being discontinued for personal reasons and had nothing to do with the ingredients or with demand...so the reissue didn't need to be changed. It looks like your vintage bottle has just changed color over time but it was never brown.

Interesting side note: My perfume store in Beverly Hills is right behind the old Giorgio Beverly Hills store (now it is Louis Vuitton). At one point it was simply "the Fred Hayman store". These days, the alley where I throw my trash out everyday is called "Fred Hayman Way"...it was named after him about 2-3 years ago. Fred Hayman also owns a large building a few blocks away and it is all yellow and has his logo on the side. Apparantly he only does real estate now and when people call his office to ask where they can buy his fragrances, he refers them to me! He also lives just a few blocks away.
    ~Alan
    stores.ebay.com/ePerfumery
    Beverly Hills Perfumery

If you buy anything from my eBay store, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU TELL ME YOU ARE A BASENOTES MEMBER!!! I will throw in a bonus sample or mini!

WANTED FOR SWAP: B*Men, Pure Coffee, Angel Ice Man

** A little interesting titbit **
    I purchased my bottle of Giorgio around the same time as the re-release .
    I won it on Ebay.com here in Australia .
    It was in a white tester box with some logo art but no colour & has no cap .
    Now ....... my cap unscrews of !!
    Yes , how many of you with original bottles new that ?

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Now ....... my cap unscrews of !!
    Yes , how many of you with original bottles new that ?
    :raises hand:
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I have 2 bottles of giorgio beverly hills for men.1 bottle is a 50ml edt splash and the other is a 120ml edt spray.the 50ml splash bottle has no reference to E.A fragrances either on the bottle or the box-and says "made in france":the 120ml edt spray does have a reference to E.A fragrances on the bottle-and says "made in u.s.a".Am just wondering which bottle i have is the vintage version? sublime scent though!!

I am happy to hear that the reformulated and the vintage scent smell the same.....I hope that some of the other Houses go in this direction should they ever release anything that has been discontinued.
    Gary

I remember having this classic in a splash, Loved it. I miss that one

Default Re: giorgio beverly hills for men 1984(original)VS giorgio beverly hills for men(re-issue

Hi Wirral Guy... i have a bottle of vintage Giorgio BH too from long ago. I noticed it also looks somewhat brownish (if memory serves me right, it used to be more yellow rather than green). I first used it for my high school prom in 1989. Anyway, it still smells amazing and really tenacious in terms of staying power. Given that it has moss as one of the main ingredients, i would not be surprised that vintage versions look brown (as moss generally turns brown over time... like vintage mitsuoko). anyway, i intend to buy a cheap new bottle to use as i want to save up my vintage one just for old times' sake! :-)

Default Re: giorgio beverly hills for men 1984(original)VS giorgio beverly hills for men(re-issue

I remember trying the original and didn't care very much for it.

I just can not find warm up to this fragrance. To me it is just too harsh and jarring on my skin to the point that it feels very dated with no real redeeming qualities. The woman's version is a master piece but I feel the men's was just something thrown together or a fragrance formula that they bought at discount bargain from some perfumer.

It is noted in an unauthorized biography by Gale Hayman that Giorgio men was rushed to market and nether Gale or Fred himself had any interest at that time with the project. The counterparts who ran their fragrance portion wanted to run to get something out to market in the men's sector.

I myself am a Red for men - MAN.

Woa! I don't get it. I used to love Giorgio BH and was so desperate to get a bottle. Once I found the new re issue I was extremely disappointed because I didn't remember it being so soapy/powdery. I also noticed the longevity is no where near what It used to be. Is it me or has it always been this way ? I absolutely love everything else about it.

I put it on and within minutes all I have is a soapy smelling wrist...what gives?

I just received my new bottle of GBH and I am extremely pleased. It seemed my last attempt at trying the reformulation might have been a cheaper version ? This juice is a dark green yellow which is how I remember it. The other was a brighter green like some vetiver formulations. I also do not smell any soapy notes in this bottle compared to my last bottle. All I smell is an amazing scent that was not ruined by the reformulation.

I don't think I would wear it if I was 14 again in this era but for a 41 yr old who travels frequently to latin america this REALLY works. This is very "Latin America/Mediterranean sexy". It brings you back to Acapulco....white slacks white shirt and black gucci loafers w/belt...signature brass buckle.

Very chic fragrance even now...loving it...just timing the longevity..seems fantastic.
    Last edited by thatmakesscents; 10th August 2011 at 04:49 AM.

I found the VIP version to be very similar to Mood Uomo, so that's another one to try if you want a variation on this theme, and I doubt MU has been reformulated (and it can sometimes be had at reasonable prices on ebay).

I never tried the original. The reissue is plenty potent for me. Very 80s.
    It's inexpensive, and some of you younger guys should pick this up for an alternate to some of today's gourmand and lighter scents.

What a difference a day makes. I am still liking this but for some reason I am going back towards guerlain vetiver. I don't know...for some reason I don't think I get the same "wow" factor with giorgio today as I do with vetiver every day. Maybe putting l' instant by guerlain on my wrist threw me off today. Something from it sent me running.

I need a second nose.

Update:

Then I was reading that this scent goes through various phases sometimes "changing by the hour" as one poster said it is and also "very sensitive to atmospheric conditions" commented another poster.

I don't remember it being so crazy in the 80's. Maybe because I was...anyway now I like it again.

I am known as the guerlain vetiver guy but I need to test this in a social setting without a doubt.

This fragrance burns my nostrils. I enjoy many 80's scents (Tuscany, Lacoste, Xeryus etc.) but this one is PAINFUL to wear.

Okay, I now have tried new and old. The new one is thicker/denser and without much if any wood notes. The original has better note separation and is more complex, though not as strong (thankfully). I'd guess there is more amber in the new one, which seems to be true of several reformulations I've tried (and so it has more of a "powdery" quality). The color of the original is a dark brown, unlike the new one. I like it but it's not a top ten for me, just in terms of personal preference. The new one is okay but I see no reason to wear it now that I have the original. I might try diluting it because it's so strong and dense, but the original is fine as is.

Where did you buy yours from and for how much ?

Found someone locally who was selling, so that's not relevant. You can find some on ebay, though. Ask the seller if it says EA Fragrances (that is the new one) on the label on the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Found someone locally who was selling, so that's not relevant. You can find some on ebay, though. Ask the seller if it says EA Fragrances (that is the new one) on the label on the bottle.
    Thanks. Target sells it for around $50 + which is ridiculous $17 on Amazon $30 + on drugstore.com. All over the place.

Can you believe I threw out 3 bottles from overstock.com but just re- ordered 1 from Amazon to see if it's any different....total impulse RE-PURCHASE .

Sound Scents

I have been wearing Giorgio for Men for well over 20 years and it is in my top 3. I own and have (obviously) worn the original vintage juice, and I also own a bottle of the recent release. To my nose there is no difference and any Giorgio fans would be well advised to just buy the re-issue and save a bunch of money. In many ways I prefer the re-issue because I could score that bottle for $12.50 delivered last year with color and top notes still intact. I can't say I was able to do that on the vintage stuff.
    Last edited by drseid; 19th February 2012 at 10:37 AM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driů) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    I have been wearing Giorgio for Men for well over 20 years and it is in my top 3. I own and have (obviously) worn the original vintage juice, and I also own a bottle of the recent release. To my nose there is no difference and any Giorgio fans would be well advised to just buy the re-issue and save a bunch of money. In many ways I prefer the re-issue because I could score that bottle for $12.50 delivered last year with color and top notes still intact. I can't say I was able to do that on the vintage stuff.
    I agree, in that if you are not an aficionado you will likely not be able to detect any difference, but if you do, I'd guess you would like the new one more. The vintage is for those who want a more subtle, complex base, with clearly a more "natural" smell (meaning closer to essential oils). Just don't think you are getting the same thing for less than $20 for 4 ounces, as the quality and/or cost of ingredients is clearly lower, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MassMenace View Post
    This fragrance burns my nostrils. I enjoy many 80's scents (Tuscany, Lacoste, Xeryus etc.) but this one is PAINFUL to wear.
    Half a spray, not higher than the bellybutton and it becomes bearable, underneath a thick jumper.

Sound Scents

I agree, in that if you are not an aficionado you will likely not be able to detect any difference, but if you do, I'd guess you would like the new one more. The vintage is for those who want a more subtle, complex base, with clearly a more "natural" smell (meaning closer to essential oils). Just don't think you are getting the same thing for less than $20 for 4 ounces, as the quality and/or cost of ingredients is clearly lower, IMO.
    I'll have to respectfully disagree here. There is plenty of room for margin even at $20 using the same ingredients. The markup on fragrances is relatively high compared to most goods. I would not call myself an "aficionado," but I do know the smell of Giorgio, old and new quite well.
    Current Top Favorites:
    4)

6)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Well then we will agree to disagree, because the old Giorgio has a clearly higher quality or cost of ingredients, and this is something that I find easy to detect in similar situations (Lagerfeld Cologne, Bijan for Men, Quorum, etc.). From my extensive testing of such frags, the only logical conclusion I can come to is that expensive or difficult to obtain ingredients, such as sandalwood, are removed, and amber or a cheap wood note is added. Now that may be perceived as "better" by many people. It is certainly often stronger (at least for Giorgio and Third Man), but there is less complexity, richness, depth, etc. Top notes may be very close, as I try to avoid them as much as possible, so keep in mind I am referring to what it smells like an hour or more after application.

I'll have to respectfully disagree here. There is plenty of room for margin even at $20 using the same ingredients. The markup on fragrances is relatively high compared to most goods. I would not call myself an "aficionado," but I do know the smell of Giorgio, old and new quite well.
    I'm really glad you posted here. You know this fragrance quite well, so your opinion has alot of value. Alot of other guys would agree with you. I remember reading up threads on the re-release and vast majority mentioned there was virtually no change in smell.

I have only smelled the re-released EA bottle and it is quite wonderful. Yeah, guys who don't dig these types of scents won't dig this one either ( wah ! wah ! girls don't like it ! wah !). But I love the honey and patchouli smell.

Thanks again drseid !
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Fahrenheit Absolute, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I'm really glad you posted here. You know this fragrance quite well, so your opinion has alot of value. Alot of other guys would agree with you. I remember reading up threads on the re-release and vast majority mentioned there was virtually no change in smell.

I have only smelled the re-released EA bottle and it is quite wonderful. Yeah, guys who don't dig these types of scents won't dig this one either ( wah ! wah ! girls don't like it ! wah !). But I love the honey and patchouli smell.

Thanks again drseid !
    Hey, if it works for you, that's great. You get something you really like, 4 full ounces, for less than $20. Who could argue with that?

I like the drydown of this fragrance, but there is something very harsh and plasticky in the top notes that puts me off.

Hey, if it works for you, that's great. You get something you really like, 4 full ounces, for less than $20. Who could argue with that?
    For sure. You and I will both agree that that is great value for ones money.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Fahrenheit Absolute, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    I like the drydown of this fragrance, but there is something very harsh and plasticky in the top notes that puts me off.
    I got a bottle of this stuff from Ross a week ago, and the first few sprays must have been old juice sitting in the spray tube, since it smelled like a chemical factory, bitter and horrible, for the first few minutes. This has happened to me before occasionally, with a bottle that hasn't been sprayed in a long time. I try to turn bottles around a bit to avoid this, but it didn't work for the Giorgio. However, I sprayed it last night and the top notes were in line. I got the warm orange with vanilla and patchouli beneath it, and I have to say, it's really excellent. Now I see what all the fuss is about. Superb.

I have seen a few bottles of Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men recently labeled as " Extraordinary" cologne. Is this is a different version of the new re issue or just another advertising campaign for the same thing ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    I have seen a few bottles of Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men recently labeled as " Extraordinary" cologne. Is this is a different version of the new re issue or just another advertising campaign for the same thing ?

Thanks
    I think they all say that. If you want the original then it shouldn't say EA Fragrances anywhere, I think.

Sound Scents

Thanks
    My vintage juice has "extraordinary" on the bottom, my re-issue does not. I think that is the vintage juice you are referring to.
    Current Top Favorites:
    4)

6)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Great scent, but I even more prefer the VIP version - phenomenal

I received my bottle of the re -formulated GBH today. This time I ordered it from drugstore.com. Previously I had ordered 2 bottles from overstock.com.

The two I ordered from overtock.com were disappointing to me as far as longevity goes. However what I received today seems more potent. I applied a few sprays this afternoon around 2pm. It is now 6:30pm and it is still wafting away. My previous reports on potency have been completely....re formulated. It really does linger.

I used to wear GBH back in the 80's exclusively for a number of years. My thoughts on the re issue are in line with some other BN members. It isn't as complex of a scent as it was but given the current environment this one would be a unique stand out when worn in public. I smell mainly honey and patchouli presented with a slight musky undertone. Where are the flowers ? Hopefully they will come through in a few days once I've been able to analyze it better.

This is very european. I don't see many american men being able to pull this off. Unless they are somewhat youngish and extravagant . This could work in Miami...totally could see this with a white shirt and loafers.

It is still too early to tell how useful it will be. There are more tests I need to run it through. The "sweat" test results are what really matters to me.

I can't believe I am saying this but "go light" on the trigger. This is a rather potent fragrance. There has to be imitations of this floating around. I know it's a cheap fragrance but I wouldn't be surprised if it too has been bootlegged.

I forgot to mention that the color of this juice from drugstore.com is a light almost translucent green color. The previous bottles I have owned have been a noticeably richer green.

Has anyone had the same experience ?

The one I have from the 80s is brown, the new one is green, but I would need another green bottle to compare it to in order to say whether it is abnormally light or dark green.

Sound Scents

I forgot to mention that the color of this juice from drugstore.com is a light almost translucent green color. The previous bottles I have owned have been a noticeably richer green.

Has anyone had the same experience ?
    My newer one is a mossy color "darkish" green.
    Last edited by drseid; 8th March 2012 at 08:34 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Current Top Favorites:
    4)

6)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I am really digging the reformulation. It has been about a week now since I've had this bottle. It works really well when my body heats up and I can smell it when I shower. These are all good signs to me.

I broke down and bought another bottle from drugstore.com "just to have it" . Luckily I did it right away. Now when I look on drugstore.com walgreens.com and target.con it's all sold out ! What's going on ? I see many sellers on Ebay selling it but the big boys can't find any ?

I believe there are fakes of this out there. Even though it is a cheaper priced fragrance. Which brings me to my question.

Where have you guys bought it from besides Amazon and Ebay ? Fragrance X and these sites have nightmare reviews. Does anyone have a favorite seller on Ebay who they trust ? I find it so odd that they all sold out at the same time. By the way overstock.com also sold out. Not that I would buy from them again.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but GBH RE-ISSUE is " NO LONGER AVAILABLE". This is coming from the EA consumer relations department.

About two weeks ago I decided to buy a bottle from drugstore.com and I was really pleased. I believe the bottle I bought from overstock.com this summer was old or counterfeit stock. Anyways I wanted to order another bottle but when I went back on drugstore.com it was sold out. At the same time it was sold out on walgreens.com target.com overstock.com . The only stores that were still carrying it were the dubious online discounters.

I emailed EA asking what the deal was and they confirmed my worst nightmare.

The good news is walgreens.com still has 23 bottles in stock. They were sold out for a few days but managed to get more. I bought 9 bottles

This is it people. Get it now while you can. I've always said I'd go back to Giorgio if it came out again. I did but was disappointed by my overstock.com purchase. Now that I found a source for good bottles the ride is over...crash and burn ! I hate these people with all my heart.

Amazon has bottles and so does Ebay. I personally wouldn't mess with either one. Even though this is an inexpensive fragrance I believe there are counterfeits of this floating around. The difference in bottles that I have tried have been night and day to my nose. Amazon even ship bottles of GBH as being made by ARMANI. The best they were able to do for me was let me buy 1 bottle to see if it was legit before I bought more. No returns allowed even if I thought it was counterfeit. Thanks but no thanks.

I'd love to be wrong but it doesn't look like it. Once again GBH leaves this world with people asking WHY....WHY ?

Sound Scents

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but GBH RE-ISSUE is " NO LONGER AVAILABLE". This is coming from the EA consumer relations department.

About two weeks ago I decided to buy a bottle from drugstore.com and I was really pleased. I believe the bottle I bought from overstock.com this summer was old or counterfeit stock. Anyways I wanted to order another bottle but when I went back on drugstore.com it was sold out. At the same time it was sold out on walgreens.com target.com overstock.com . The only stores that were still carrying it were the dubious online discounters.

I emailed EA asking what the deal was and they confirmed my worst nightmare.

The good news is walgreens.com still has 23 bottles in stock. They were sold out for a few days but managed to get more. I bought 9 bottles

This is it people. Get it now while you can. I've always said I'd go back to Giorgio if it came out again. I did but was disappointed by my overstock.com purchase. Now that I found a source for good bottles the ride is over...crash and burn ! I hate these people with all my heart.

Amazon has bottles and so does Ebay. I personally wouldn't mess with either one. Even though this is an inexpensive fragrance I believe there are counterfeits of this floating around. The difference in bottles that I have tried have been night and day to my nose. Amazon even ship bottles of GBH as being made by ARMANI. The best they were able to do for me was let me buy 1 bottle to see if it was legit before I bought more. No returns allowed even if I thought it was counterfeit. Thanks but no thanks.

I'd love to be wrong but it doesn't look like it. Once again GBH leaves this world with people asking WHY....WHY ?
    That is disappointing news indeed! The re-issue was a great one, and such a tremendous bang-for-the-buck. Luckily I have plenty of juice (old and new), but I may tack on another bottle or two just in case as I wear it so often. Why is it always the good ones they discontinue? :-(
    Current Top Favorites:
    4)

6)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I believe RED for men has also been discontinued, stock has dwindled substantially. I did an ebay search and it yielded only 97 results compared to HUNDREDS before.

Dependent

Not surprised at EA's decision. I can't imagine the GBH's are big sellers these days. They're very old school.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Not surprised at EA's decision. I can't imagine the GBH's are big sellers these days. They're very old school.
    Ah, but those are the best ones. ;-) Seriously though, I can't really say I am surprised either, only disappointed.
    Current Top Favorites:
    4)

6)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I just saw a huge stack of these for sale. Supplies should still be out there.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I just checked their site and Giorgio for men and Red for Men are seemingly not available for online shopping ( they are not listed). Hmm........

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Dependent

Ah, but those are the best ones. ;-) Seriously though, I can't really say I am surprised either, only disappointed.
    Red was too sweet for me and GBH Men had some birch tar (can't stand the stuff), but one thing's for sure: they have longevity in spades. I was rather impressed that GBH did not seem weak or watered down in the slightest too. In fact, these 2 are very potent as well. They'll probably be worth quite a bit in 4 years.

I just bought another 4 bottles for a total of "13". Hopefully TF's Italian Cypress will be on the discount racks by the time I am done with them.

I would like to know the whole story about what ingredients were used in the old vs. the new Red.

Sound Scents

I liked (but never loved) the old Red and used to own a bottle that I used up. I only sampled the reissued Red once, but I remember not being impressed. In that particular case, I firmly believe the original one was better.
    Current Top Favorites:
    4)

6)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I can see why the original Red doesn't impress many who sample it. At first, it's got a syrupy/sweet quality along with a typical basil accord that screams "cologne guy." However, after that stuff largely dissipates it really comes together and is not especially sweet or syrupy, and the basil is just one note among many. I initially dismissed it because I tried it before going to bed and only got the opening. When I gave it another shot I was able to perceive how much it changed within an hour or so.

I hate to say it, but the re-issue of Red for men made me gag ! I was really not happy. It surprised me because from the sounds of it, from reviews...etc, it seemed like it was gonna be a safe scent to wear. Pity, because bottles are cheap up here.

More HERE
    Please PM me !