Code of Conduct

Default New release: Viktor & Rolf Eau Mega

With characteristic subtlety (), our national representatives in fashion have hogged every single window display in Amsterdam's Bijenkorf. I happened to zoom past it as I made my way home and doubled back to snap a picture.
    I didn't bother to go in and smell, though. Anyone do so yet?

(In the last picture, actual sized bottle is on the right pedestal - left is a display dummy.)
    Last edited by Morgaine; 7th September 2009 at 06:23 PM.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Default Re: New release: Viktor & Rolf Eau Mega

THAT is a fabulous ad! I can't wait to try it!!!

I don't have high expectations for the scent, but the bottle is wonderfully streamlined and kitsch.

It'll probably reach my area 6-12 months after everyone else, but I've been looking forward to trying it, too.

According to NowSmellThis, it's a green floral, with pear, citron, violet leaf, basil, peony, jasmine, cedar, cashmere wood, sandalwood, and white musk.

Is it the attack of the 50 foot woman?

Basenotes Plus

Isn't the tag line 'Megafy yourself' or something like that?
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Love both the bottle and the ad, hopefully the scent will be good too!
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

I can tell you one thing: The SAs at the local Von Maur are psyched about this launch.

Flowerbomb is a huge seller there (consistently in the top three along with Light Blue), and they really want to smell something new from Viktor & Rolf. And yes, the tagline is "Megafy yourself".
    Last edited by MFfan310; 10th September 2009 at 02:08 AM.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Dislike the ad immensely! What is the woman trying to do, if I may?

Notes.... Hmmmm..... White musk?

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Is it the attack of the 50 foot woman?
    Or Godzilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Dislike the ad immensely! What is the woman trying to do, if I may?
    Making the world her gynaecologist, and working up from there.

If my schedule allows, I'll stop by for a sample later today. I'll post my impressions!
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

I've managed to procure a sample from one of the two nervous-looking models that had been hired to wear the shortest dresses I've ever seen promote Eau Mega at de Bijenkorf.

Righty-oh, the scent: sah-weeeeeeet. In the cotty candy sense, not in the "it's wonderful" sense.
    Opens on a slightly green floral note that reminds me of something I have smelled before but can't pinpoint (Miss Dior Chčrie? Plus greens?). At this point, I had hope it might still stay Issey Miyake a scent-ish green and sharp, but it soon veers off in the direction of basically being a green fruity floral with added sugar. For a moment a banana-y jasmine peeked out from under the sugar, but it soon gave up under the assault.

So, I have one carded sample of it that I won't be using - any takers?
    Last edited by Morgaine; 14th September 2009 at 04:02 PM.

Douglas Adams

How boring! When I saw 'green floral', I thought: YEAH! But when I heard they dumped a jar-load of syrup on it, I thought: BOO!

Still, I'd be very keen to try it!
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Veuve! I'd LOVE to snag that sample from you...sweet sounds good to me! Sending pm...

Heads-up for US Basenoters: I went to the local Von Maur today (which sells a LOT of Flowerbomb), and the lady there told me that they got inventory in, but can't display it until they get the OK from L'Oreal, which "should be any day now". Also, Bloomingdale's has it on their website.

So those of us here in the States shouldn't have to wait much longer to sample it.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I smelled it at Nordstrom yesterday, after figuring out how the silly atomizer works (like a bulb).
    Phee-eww!

I did not like this scent one bit, not even enough to ask for a sample. I wondered if it had ylang-ylang in it, but I don't see it in the notes.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 13th October 2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Basenotes Plus

Saw it at Neiman Marcus this past weekend. No thanks....just a regular 'ole fruity-floral-musk in a weird bottle, as far as I was concerned. My 12 year old like it but neither one of us tried it on our skin, just a card. No one offered a sample. & I didn't ask for one.
    The SA offered to spray me with the "new" Valentino. I asked her what notes were in it. She said she didn't know. I declined the spritz.

Well...I saw it at Nordstrom last week. I picked up the bottle, sniffed at the spray nozzle, winced, and put it down. I don't know if that counts as "trying" it...I didn't deem it good enough for my wrist.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

I Love this.....Fantastic!!!!!
    Gary

I smelled it this weekend and got a sample, but haven't tried it yet. On the card, it had a sort of canned fruit quality about it--like very sweet canned pears or fruit cocktail.

It took me three goes to work out how the sprayer bit worked. Sprayed card and then quickly left card behind on counter.
    DONNA

A little underwhelming in terms of scent, but a beautiful object to hold in ones hand.
    Theres nothing "MEGA" about it though - perhaps a "mega" disappointment?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    A little underwhelming in terms of scent, but a beautiful object to hold in ones hand.
    Theres nothing "MEGA" about it though - perhaps a "mega" disappointment?
    Couldn't have said it any better.

I wanted to try it at the store, but... the bottle was smarter than me and I couldn't figure out how to spray it! Yikes!
    I do have a sample though. I think I may be able to work that vial.
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

I am curious of this one. Although I didn't like their Flowerbomb at all. Will it be available in all the Bijenkorven? Or just Amsterdam?

I love the design of the bottle -- I think it's creative.

But the scent within -- less so. Far from it, indeed. A not unpleasant canned pear and icing sugar of a thing. Hardly representative of my beloved green genre.

Next!
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/