Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: S o t d Tuesday 08 September 2009

Happy Birthday to Enorena and Sloan_8013!

Very Sexy For Her 2
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Happy Birthday to the birthday folks, and hugs to all who need them! I'm posting late, but here goes:

Issey Miyake A Scent

A Scent starts very green and a bit watery. Galbanum and citrus notes are the main players at first, and there is a slight "acetone" quality as mentioned by others. Remarkably, it is really only a touch of acetone, and to my nose does not overpower the other notes. However, sensitive individuals should beware and test on paper before applying to skin. A Scent was relatively well behaved on me--it is a very decent, although thoroughly synthetic-smelling fragrance in which the galbanum is the only shining star. The rest of the notes are rather nondescript, and include blended springtime white florals and soapy white musk. A Scent reminds me very much of Estee Lauder's products--that is to say, yet another variation on a "laundry soap" floral that Estee Lauder revolutionized many years ago. For green floral scents, I'd rather spend my money on Diorella, Chanel Cristalle or Estee Lauder's Private Collection Jasmine White Moss. A Scent is simply not anywhere near the quality of these other fragrances, and it is not nearly as enjoyable.

Longevity was moderate, the galbanum goodness faded within a couple hours leaving bland florals and musk skin scent for the rest of the day. Sillage was moderate to low. At first AS seems like it could be a unisex fragrance, but the midnotes are decidedly floral, giving the fragrance a tendency toward the feminine. It is worth a try for anybody who likes light, fresh, green and clean fragrances. And to be honest, despite the uninspired composition, AS is better than most others in the "fresh and clean" category.

AL White Lilac for sleep.

Happy Birthday Sloan and Bosanovaboy!!!! Hope you are having a super fragrant day.

Another tough day at the office, not so much the working late but having to deal with one particular, very unpleasant person, oh well, nothing's perfect in life. At least 99.99% of the folks are really wonderful.

Today I wore Escale a Portofino (am I spelling this correctly?) very fresh on a warm day.

Hugs to those in need. I am sorry I came in late to the boards and I have not even read the posts before mine.
    Evenstar

Basenotes Plus

Same here. Wishing Sloan and Bosanovaboy a very happy birthday!

We've had a tough day.
    My daughter's first day of middle school. She was given the wrong bus number to take home. We found her but it was still scary.
    Lots of tears, very frightening.
    Many of the teachers yelled at the kids, I understand the strategy but it was still very upsetting to my daughter.
    My SOTD was L'Artisan Ananas Fizz, reapplied several times for extra grapefruityness.
    Tonight is Bois Farine for sweet dreams.
    Last edited by RHM; 9th September 2009 at 04:44 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Same here.
    Tough day.
    My daughter's first day of middle school. She was given the wrong bus number to take home. We found her but it was still scary.
    Lots of tears, very frightening.
    Many of the teachers yelled at the kids, I understand the strategy but it was still very upsetting to my daughter.
    My SOTD was L'Artisan Ananas Fizz, reapplied several times for extra grapefruityness.
    I'm sorry ! What a scare ! Glad everyone is OK !

This evening ,it's Marc Jacobs Essence. Much like his original but not aquatic. Lovely artistic rendering of gardenia ,not the real thing but it's a good interpretation.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 9th September 2009 at 05:46 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Ugh. I disagree with yelling at middle schoolers....especially the girls. I remember what it was like being a 12-13 year old girl, and it was HORRID and certainly needed kindness and sensitivity. Just about the LAST think I needed in middle school was a bunch of adults making me feel worse about anything. So, boo on them, and praise to your daughter from me for coming through a stressful day. You can tell her that your weird internet friend thinks she must be a very brave and poised young adult to handle such a difficult first day. She'll do well in the rest of the school year! (And THAT, stupid yelling teachers, is what will make a kid feel like succeeding, you morons. Sorry. I just get so mad at people making it harder on kids at a tough age.)

AAaaaaand, as I hop off my soapbox, I enjoy a whiff of my SotE: Bois des Iles. Perfect and lovely. When will I run out of Chanels? Even at 2 per day? It's a mystery I have yet to solve.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday Enorena! (and sloan & bossanovaboy!)

I'm still continuing with my embarrassing journey into full bottles I've bought but haven't properly worn yet.

Today's SOTD was another New York vacation purchase, Series 4 Cologne: Citrico by Comme des Garçons.

Heavy, pepper-laden orange and citrus on top, quickly joined by a toned-down petitgrain that somehow manages to avoid the obnoxious sharpness that often bothers me. Too peppery to be too sweet, but too sweet to ever get too piquant. The pepper faded after about an hour, leaving mostly a smooth, orangey petitgrain that lasted all day.

Honestly, there are many scents similar to this, but it's the pepper that makes this stand apart, to my nose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My SOTE has been another bottle I hadn't worn yet, Old Spice!

As THE penultimate masculine fragrance, I'm honestly quite surprised at how feminine this scent is. To my nose, it's almost all powdery florals, threatening to smother a subtle leathery vanilla in the base. Interesting, but it makes me want to sneeze...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Crawling into bed with some Blue Amber. Sweet dreams to those still awake...

Hello all, sorry to hear about so much ach going on with so many.

On a brighter not though; Happy Birthday Enorena and Sloan, you will both just have to keep celebrating.

Big hugs and loving vibes to all those who are suffering, whether physically (migraines, aches, pains), emotionally (many of us) allergically (VM and Leesee) or for any one who just needs one because they make everything better.

Chaya lovey, it will all be alright, it is natural, empty-nests can be too quiet. It will take time to get used to it.

RHM, yelling is not acceptable at all, it is all difficult enough without added trauma and being put on the wrong bus. Tax dollars at work??????

A big welcome to Pippedydee

I have been going through a tough time and want to thank all of you so much for you wonderful kindness and compassion. You are truly a wonderful "world family" to me.

I have been staying with "comfort" scents lately, so those would be; Ombre Rose, Balahe, Infini, Chant d'Aromes.

Hope the change of season will bring positive changes for all, love and hugs for each and everyone.
    Last edited by Brielle87; 9th September 2009 at 07:10 AM.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Blog Entries

I've showered and am now wearing some Montale Pure Gold, again thanks to 3xasif! I get something very much like model cement glue in this, but that's okay because I like that smell. How nice to sniff this and not kill off brain cells!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous