Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up S O T D Wednesday 09 September 2009

:wave::wave::wave:Hello everybody:wave::wave::wave:

For me, for this warm and raining day, is
    Pierre Bourdon's
    FULLCHOKE

Francesco Smalto

Have all a very nice day !!!!
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: S O T D Wednesday 09 September 2009

Fullchoke?? It may be my dirty mind, but combined with that bottle... Well, I needn't continue, right?

Ahem, over to your regularly scheduled program: Gucci Eau de Parfum I today. Very yum, I may have to add this one to my wishlist soon. I realized I don't have any out and out florals in my collection, at all.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Strangely, I am now also finding the phrase "warm and raining" a little disconcerting.

: - )
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 9th September 2009 at 07:59 AM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Wearing the final drop of Ajne Fleur Blanche on one wrist and AL LTBL on the other. Neck, as before, in Creme de Cortisone.
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 9th September 2009 at 09:10 AM.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Narciso Rodriguez for Him Musc Collection EDP.

Notes include musk, iris and pink berries.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Bulgari BLACK

Acier Aluminium (Creed)

In Control Curious - Britney
    Wishlist is pointless.

I'm sampling Miller Harris Geranium Bourbon today. It smelled lovely and different on the card, but on my skin it just smells like generic pot pourri. I'm really not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    Fullchoke?? It may be my dirty mind, but combined with that bottle... Well, I needn't continue, right?
    Veuve, I had EXACTLY the same reaction!!! Roberto, what on earth are the notes?

For me, testing an unexpected pleasure (for me) Fragonard Fleur d'Oranger. Neroli is one of those fickle notes on my skin that often turns unpleasant and browned, so I tend to avoid it. The Fragonard is beautiful! Light and simultaneously long-lasting.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 9th September 2009 at 11:09 AM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

I am wearing L'Heure Bleu extrait today.

Good morning all Another rainy and grey day up north.Felt like something spicy today,so I ended up with the gorgeous Coco edp.

Once again positive thoughts and virtual hugs going out to all who need them.

Wearing another one picked up at the Boston meet-up.

Guerlain Bois D'Armenie

Guerlain has been very hit or miss on their most contemporary creations which has made me cautious when it comes to trying the new ones especially when it seems to be in territory Guerlain is not known for. Bois D'Armenie was released in 2006 and it was inspired by Papier D'Armenie. Papier D'Armenie are little incnse infused strips, used as air-freshener, they are loaded with benzoin and give off a resinous vanilla scent when burned. Annick Menardo is the nose behind Bois D'Armenie and when thinking of her creations of Bvlgari Black and Le Labo Patchouli 24 I wonder how working for Guerlain will affect her style. There I sit looking at the bottle thinking a strong modern incense scent from Guerlain? Not likely. Happily I sprayed the perfume on me and was instantly enchanted. Anyone who has paid attention to my reviews knows how much I like incense scents. My favorites are all very strong, Bois D'Armenie has opened my eyes to what a subtle incense can do. The very top of Bois D'Armenie captures the sweet smell of burning paper which is appropriate considering the inspiration. From there a beautiful vanillic resin accord comes in. This couldn't be more like the experience of burning a strip of Papier D'Armenie and if this scent ended here it would be good. But there is another word in our name, Bois, and the woods need to show up, and they do in the heart. The incense pulls back and is replaced by a balsam accord and a dry patchouli and this is a beautiful complement to the beginning. There are still hints of the top notes and they accentuate the notes present in the heart. The base slowly becomes more woody over time and there is some musk added to give some more depth to the base. Bois D'Armenie is very long lasting on me but it wears fairly close and as a result does not produce much sillage. Bois D'Armenie might be one of the most quiet incense scents I own, it is also one of the best I own.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Good morning, all.

Another autumn day here, I love this weather!!!

I am wearnig Alahine again, it is warm and spicy
    and it feels even better than yesterday!

LOL rilly!

Today the warm & sweet green flowers of Divine l'Infante. Love this.

Notes: jasmine, peony, blackcurrant leaves, ivy, ambergris, vanilla, musk, tonka bean

Attrape Coeur ~ It's been awhile since I've worn this, and I thought to give it another go before shipping off the small remains of a decant to someone who hasn't experienced it yet. Attrape Coeur, Guet Apens, and strangely - 31 Rue Cambon are all quite similar to my senses. My fave of the 3 is the Chanel, then the GA, and lastly falls the AC...I think 31RC is tops because it is truly a "modern chypre", completely void of any vanilla. With Guerlains, you know there's gonna be some vanilla! The Guet Apens (original version of AC) is the formulation I favor. When Guerlain re-issued it as Attrape Coeur, they tweaked it too much. Why did this happen? I have not a clue. At any rate, the final AC spritzes are going to the post office today.

Basenotes Plus

Let's see this again..........

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    :wave::wave::wave:Hello everybody:wave::wave::wave:

For me, for this warm and raining day, is
    Pierre Bourdon's
    FULLCHOKE

Francesco Smalto

Have all a very nice day !!!!
    It's cool & overcast here & I'm wearing DZING! if anyone wants to know after this. I'll go back to my own little fantasy now. Thank you SO much for such a nice start to my day Roberto!

Seem like everyone is enjoying the day, so far!

I'm wearing Miami Glow.

Thumbs up Re: S O T D Wednesday 09 September 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    Veuve, I had EXACTLY the same reaction!!! Roberto, what on earth are the notes?

For me, testing an unexpected pleasure (for me) Fragonard Fleur d'Oranger. Neroli is one of those fickle notes on my skin that often turns unpleasant and browned, so I tend to avoid it. The Fragonard is beautiful! Light and simultaneously long-lasting.
    HEAD NOTES

Gunpowder, Cardamon, White Pepper, Coriander, Melon, Pineapple

MIDDLE NOTES

Jasmine, Lilly of the Valley, Rose

BASE NOTES

Vetiver from Java, Teckwood, Rhum , Vanille , Musc and Amber
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Perfumes

Couldn't help but giggle again at the Fullchoke bottle. I remember this being posted on a worst perfume bottles thread awhile ago and wondering if it smelled as naughty as it looked.

Speaking of naughty, I'm in Boudoir again.

Have a great day everyone!

Well, that got my attention!

I'm wearing Love's True Bluish Light by Ava Luxe, from a sample.

I smell sweet and creamy.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 9th September 2009 at 12:42 PM.

In honor of Roberto's heavy breathing entry (and yet ANOTHER GAWjuss photo...how does he DO it??!!).....

....and a warmly reigning day to all'y'all!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Thumbs up Re: S O T D Wednesday 09 September 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    In honor of Roberto's heavy breathing entry (and yet ANOTHER GAWjuss photo...how does he DO it??!!).....

....and a warmly reigning day to all'y'all!!

Thanks Taolady, lots of thanks........
    Perfumes

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Thierry Mugler B*Men today. Roberto's standup fragrance bottle pic somehow reminds me of the Watergate event of the Nixon era..
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Wow, Roberto--is it a gear shift? Or...maybe a joystick?

Ubu, interesting impressions about Attrape Coeurs. There is an ingredient in 31 Rue Cambon that goes sour on me, but the AC does not. I did not even think of the two as being similar, but now that you have pointed it out, it makes sense! Parfums MDCI supposedly also has one that is in this style--can't remember the name offhand, but Guerlain is AFFORDABLE in comparison

Today will be Guerlain Sous le Vent for me.
    Last edited by Asha; 9th September 2009 at 01:26 PM.

Hi everybody! It is nice to be here.

I'm wearing Ava Luxe Amber Essence today.
    Last edited by Caron33; 9th September 2009 at 02:33 PM.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one whose imagination was fired by that interesting bottle and name

I'm in Angel today but I may wash it off; it just doesn't go with sarcasm and cynicism.
    Your friend is your needs answered. He is your field which you sow with love and reap with thanksgiving.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: S O T D Wednesday 09 September 2009

Mauboussin Histoire d'eau edp

Cuir de Lancome edp

Basenotes Plus

Hello, everyone!

Kenzo Amour Le Parfum

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

Smile Re: S O T D Wednesday 09 September 2009

Heritage by Guerlain.

Wow, that is some bottle, Roberto!

Having regained some bits of my sense of smell, I am in Missoni today. A nice scent for stalking the postal guy... LOL!
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Comme des Garçons Champaca

Basenotes Institution

Hello and good morning everyone !

I'm in Marc Jacobs Essence .

PS - sorry I missed your post Fluerry - welcome !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 9th September 2009 at 03:31 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Hello everyone
    A nice "summer" day in Norway (at last)
    I'm in Tabac Blond today
    Have a great day
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Ahem, over to your regularly scheduled program...
    Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    Strangely, I am now also finding the phrase "warm and raining" a little disconcerting.
    Our V girls got me grinning. Oh, what a wretched impression we must make.

Welcome to Fleurry! Hope you've lurked long enough to know we're harmless old things, we BNers.

31RC smells similar to AC? At least I now have a kind of guidepost through this land of Anosmia. Thanks, U!

On with the day: shower, Bigarade Concentree, laundry, slide-show construction (the latest project to eat my brain).

Morning all. It is raining, raining, raining this morning and I put on a sweater for the first time in ages. PG's Cadjmere felt like a good choice.

Basenotes Institution

Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Wow, this smells good on me today. My decant is dwindling fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Our V girls got me grinning. Oh, what a wretched impression we must make.

Welcome to Fleurry! Hope you've lurked long enough to know we're harmless old things, we BNers.

31RC smells similar to AC? At least I now have a kind of guidepost through this land of Anosmia. Thanks, U!

On with the day: shower, Bigarade Concentree, laundry, slide-show construction (the latest project to eat my brain).
    Thanks Quarry, and Mysticknot
    Last edited by Caron33; 9th September 2009 at 04:45 PM.

I'll sit next to you in the dirty minded section of BN. lol

Wearing Adrienne Vittadini today.

sotd:
    ANNAYAKE
    MIYAKO

I'll join the gaggle of girls giggling at "Full Choke". Oh dear...

Welcome, Fleurry.

I'm still not right (!); though better & mostly now suffering from med side-effects and not eating. Seeing doc again tomorrow though. At least I'm improving. Have had my head buried in chemistry today in more ways than one (studying on the course, though had to take breaks because it's a bit hard to concentrate).

Alas, no perfume, but Lush's Breath of Fresh Air toner aplenty today. It really is. A Breath of Fresh Air. (One of the products I bought over 12 years ago long before I worked for them). It's got a very simple perfume and aloe vera gel.

Speaking of the course, remember I said I bumped into my tutor at the BSP symposium? They caught us on camera http://bit.ly/GbhmE

Terre d'Hermes pure perfume (parfum)

Welcome, Fleurry. :wave:

Feel better soon, Nukapai!

It's Chergui today.

Enthusiastically joining all the wonderful dirty minds here! I am rather partial to "earthiness" .

In the mood today for Amber Sultan today.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    ... There is an ingredient in 31 Rue Cambon that goes sour on me, but the AC does not. I did not even think of the two as being similar, but now that you have pointed it out, it makes sense! Parfums MDCI supposedly also has one that is in this style--can't remember the name offhand, but Guerlain is AFFORDABLE in comparison ...
    YES Asha, "sour" is the best adjective, and I get a bit of this in 31RC AND in AC!

I'm switching to COCO, Chanel.

Q, "harmless old things"..... Hmmmm..... Not THAT old and sometimes having a mindset of our own, we BNers..... For example, I bite, but you have to deserve it to be bitten by a Twolf.

Actually, I am a scent twin with SMM in Guerlain Bois d'Armenie. Three notices at work, how about that?

N_Tesla, like or dislike that Mauboussin? You changed into something else real quickly, I gather.

Asha, yes, it DOES look like joystick, of sorts....

Ubu, please do not use the word "sour" in regards with 31 RC, use something like "acidic". Will you, please?

Basenotes Institution

Get better soon Nukapai !
    This afternoon- I'm wearing Jo Malone Tuberose layered with Fracas. The two are quite similar - if you like Fracas - you will definitely love JM's Tuberose too .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 9th September 2009 at 07:57 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Nukapai, hope you will be feeling better soon.

Testing AL Madame X today. Not sure if it is a keeper, but need to give it a few more wearings before I decide.

Take care, all.

You are all so funny! Roberto, thank you for the provocative thread-starter!

I'm feeling relatively pristine, LOL, in the fresh and pretty Montale White Musk.

Timbuktu. Twice.

SotE = Marc Jacobs Lemon. I'm really enjoying this. It's only vaguely citrussy, and has a soft cottony drydown. It would make great linen water, too.

Welcome, Fleurry!

Nukapai, I hope you feel better soon. Sending you ~~~~~~~~~~ get well vibes ~~~~~~~~~ and ((hugs)).

I've been chortling, reading all your witty comments. Wish I could come up with something to match them. But thank you Roberto, for a very funny day's thread. That bottle is truly hilarious. Welcome Fleurry, you joined us on a very good day!

I spent the day in Fragonard's Miranda - coconut and vanilla - very rich and sweet and comforting. I like this enormously. Now I've topped up with Kenzo Amour Le Parfum, which isn't like Kenzo Amour and therefore disappointed me at first, but now I can see it as a completely separate fragrance, I like it. Even better, this makes me scent twins with tdem. Woo hoo!

Nighty night.
    x
    Last edited by Wordbird; 9th September 2009 at 09:40 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

More decadence....
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

That Fullchoke sounds wonderful.....

Started my day in SummerbyKenzo for the gym, then tested (and fell madly in love with) Patou's Que Sais Je. The most deliciously glamorous hazelnut!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Blog Entries

I fully choked on my iced tea when I saw Roberto's post. Great start to today's thread!

I'm wearing Diptyque's Opoponax, from a sample vial that I labeled myself. I vaguely remember now Kess bringing this to me, and I think she said it's a room spray. I don't care; I smell good!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

A varied day: morning with Mimosa Pour Moi. After gym and sunbathing, Terracota Eau Sous de Vent (Guerlain) to help the tan last longer. Finally, dinner at a restaurant with Amouage Epic Woman.

Full Choke is too much!

Wearing Rive Gauche today.
    Last edited by BlueCanary; 9th September 2009 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovethescents View Post
    Started my day in SummerbyKenzo for the gym, then tested (and fell madly in love with) Patou's Que Sais Je. The most deliciously glamorous hazelnut!
    "Glamorous hazelnut" has me intrigued!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Coty Muguet des Bois after my evening walk....