Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up S o t D Thrusday 10 September 2009

:bounce::wave:Hello everybody, have all a very happy day, full of perfumes and joy !!!!!!:bounce::wave:
    For me today is the beautiful

Jeanne - Marie Faugier's

TERRE de SARMENT
    Frapin & Cie

TOP NOTES
    Grapefruit, Neroli, Cumin
    HEART NOTES
    Incense, Cinnamon, Orange Blossom, Nutmeg, Myrrhe
    BASE NOTES
    Absolute of Benjoin, Amyris, Vanilla, Tobacco
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: S o t D Thrusday 10 September 2009

Daim Blond (Serge Lutens)

Have to wear it now, before I become to old for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wLzQCcxP78
    Last edited by DesGrieux; 10th September 2009 at 08:25 AM.

Happy Birthday to Shannon (shades) and Teddy (Indie_Guy) and many fragrant discoveries!

Wearing Miller Harris Terre d'Iris.

My fingers are sore -- spent about 3 hours yesterday repairing (OK, trying to!) a hand-made quilt for one of the older ladies, and the work is not even 1/4 done. Loved every minute of it though.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Caron Pour un Homme.

Top notes: Lavender, Rosemary, Bergamot, Lemon
    Middle notes: Clary Sage, Rose, Rosewood, Cedarwood
    Base notes: Vanilla, Tonka, Moss, Musk

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Samsara EDP - Infinitely better than the EDT and the Parfum.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Good morning all and greetings and wishes of a spectacular day for Shades and Indie_Guy!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Today I was in the mood for a lush floral,so Fracas it is Need some extra ooompf to be able to face the really bad weather outside today! Tonight I hardly slept due to a storm outside :O Anyhow,have a great day all!

ORGANZA by Givenchy

Happy birthday, Shades and Indie_Guy!

Wishing you a glorious day and year!

Am in Youth Dew Amber Nude today. It's terrific for this bright, brisk, early autumn weather.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Happy Birthday, Shades and Indie_Guy!

SOTD is going to be AL Hong Kong Garden (after I go to bed, get up, and then shower, that is). Good morning, good night, take care, and enjoy your Thursday, everyone.

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Shades! My SOTD is one I know you love: Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque.

And happy birthday to IndieGuy!

Have a great day, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Happy birthday Shadesofbleu and Indy_Guy

I'm in L'Air du Desert Marocain

Happy birthday, shadesofbleu and Indy Guy!

Noir de Noir - Tom Ford

Have a lovely day!

Caribou, Shades, Indie Guy ! Happiest Birthdays !

What lovely-scented folk today, per usual.

Very busy trying NOT to take the Cosmos personally ;-)
    This is a REAL HUMDINGER, folks !

J is OK, but - unlike with our eldest- we've had late - nightly calls [some happy, some sad] .

I've been craving AL Ambra Tibet- day # 2 for me.
    This stuff lingers forever, and is so comforting.

Love to all-
    Hope our bereaved and ailing find peace and healing.
    Last edited by chayaruchama; 10th September 2009 at 11:20 AM.

Happy Birthday to Shades and Indie_Guy! Hope the day is full of wonderful smells and friends!

A chilly morning as the seasons begin to change on us in New England and that puts me in an amber mood.

Neil Morris Burnt Amber

When it comes to Neil Morris' fragrances I am a big fan. I find that most of his creations work on me and Burnt Amber, created in 2008, is no exception. Burnt Amber has many of the hallmarks of what I enjoy when wearing one of Mr Morris' scents, it has a complexity and density that is far above most of what is available out there. Which is why wearing one of his scents is the equivalent of watching "Lost" on TV. I get everything necessary to enjoy the show on the first viewing, but I always watch each episode twice. Because I get new insights and pleasures when I can take my eyes off of the central action to notice the things happening in the background. Burnt Amber is the same for me. The first time I wore it, being the fan of the central note and the composer that I am, I liked it a lot. Upon further wearing the nuances became more apparent to me and make this one of my favorites from Mr. Morris. The top starts with an interesting mix of plum and pepper. This gives a pleasant sweet and spicy contrast to the start of this. These notes are joined by the promised smoky amber in the title. A very warm amber appears sheathed in a woodsmoke halo. The first time around that was what I noticed most, as it is the heart of this scent. On subsequent wearings I realized that the plum note in particular persists and that adds a dark sweetness to the amber and enhances the sweet aspects of the woodsmoke. The base is a mix of oud and oak over an animalic castoreuem. This is a strong finish, appropriate to the building intensity leading here. Oak adds a hefty, woody strength that is contrasted with the complexity that oud brings. Along with the castoreum this gives the base a depth; and again the addition of the plum, which is still present and accounted for, accentuates the sweeter aspects of all three notes in the base. According to Mr. Morris' website it was this addition of the plum note that was one of the last things added to Burnt Amber and the importance it plays throughout the development of Burnt Amber makes me wonder if this would have been half as good without it. Burnt Amber has incredible longevity and above average sillage. Once again I turn to one of Mr. Morris' fragrances and am amply rewarded for the experience.

Have a Trenchant Thursday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Oooh, and after yesterday's hilarious-sexy Full Choke bottle, today we have moved on to scary-sexy Sebastien Chabal ( http://www.squidoo.com/sebastienchabal ). I think he's glorious, but he's more a Yatagan guy, wouldn't you say? Or is that the point - some good old artistic juxtaposition? Whatever, I think it's great to see him on an advert. How long must they have spent grooming his hair? (And I bet he loved every minute.)

Happy birthday Shades and IndieGuy. Hope you have a wonderful day and that you get lots of fragrant prezzies. :birthday: :birthday:

I am still unscented. *gasp!* But this is a SOTD thread! Well hang on...
    OK, now I smell of Possets' Ghost Fart. It's kind of marzipanny and maybe a touch minty or somehow cool. Hmm. It's growing on me. I didn't like this when I tried it in the winter, but on a hot day like today it's pretty good. Ha!
    Don't you love it when you find a dud you'd written off and it turns into a ta-dah!

Hope you all have a good day. Today Small got Smarties for being a good girl in class. (I am using the 'blatant bribery' method of behavioural training and it's working so far.) Maybe she'll make it through the first term in Kindergarten yet...

Hugs hugs hugs - Friday tomorrow. Nearly at the weekend. Need it this week!
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Smoke and mirror time: Tabarome Millesime today.

: Happy Birthday Carabou, Shadesofbleu, Indie!! :birthdays
    Last edited by kbe; 10th September 2009 at 11:55 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Hi SMM! Thank you so much for your kind words about Burnt Amber! It is a good choice on this chilly morning. I'd like to point out that I was visiting Ida (Chayaruchama) the day the idea for Burnt Amber was born. I told Ida about an idea I had for a burning amber perfume and she loved the idea. She said: "Yes, but could you add a Plum Note to it?" I thought this was a wonderful idea! So I began working to get it just right and mailed several iterations to Ida for her awesome input. Finally, I think version #5 was mutually agreed upon by Ida and I and Burnt Amber was born. Thank you, Miss Ida, for your great suggestions!

At first the Plum Note was too sweet so I contrasted it with the Black Pepper, as you noted. I'm so glad you like the final result, SMM! I'll be wearing October on this New Englad fall morning!!

Fragrant Dreams,

Neil

Ohh I love that Caron rugby player too. Grrr

Today is the subtle and sneakily sexy SL Fleurs de Citronnier. Gorgeous!

oops double post- sorry!
    Last edited by Jane Daly; 10th September 2009 at 01:38 PM.

I'm sampling Annick Goutal's La Violette for the second time. I was craving something violetty, and this is spicy, powdery violets, and greenery. It smells like those square violet candies that came wrapped in foil. It's pretty intense. I don't think this is quite what I was looking for this morning, but I think it will settle down soon.

Happy Birthday to Caribou, Shadesofbleu, and Indie Guy!

Shadesofbleu, these are for you...

Enjoy the day!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 10th September 2009 at 12:05 PM.

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHADESOFBLEU AND INDIE_GUY!!!:BIRTHDAYS:

SMM, you smell completely gorgeous (I looooooooooove NM Burnt Amber, as you know) and your review is fabulous! So glad you're enjoying it.

Scent twins with DesGrieux today in Serge Lutens Daim Blond, one of my purchases from our BN get-together in Boston last month. Too old for this one? Not a chance! I think it requires both a light heart and a certain amount of sophistication.

Daim Blond notes: Iris Pallida, apricot kernel, cardamom, musk, heliotrope, hawthorn.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Well, Whiffman and SMM -
    Aren't you a sweet pair ;-)

I love that hefty stuff, myself !

Kisses, all you honeys....

Happy Birthday Shades and Indie_Guy!

I must be experiencing aftershocks from Roberto's bottle yesterday, as I read the title of this thread as "Thrustday"...

Wearing mainly Givenchy Le De, and sampling MH Coeur d'Ete. You would never know the latter has liquorice, banana and chocolate in it - it comes across as more of a demure floral.
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 10th September 2009 at 02:04 PM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

I opened a vintage bottle of No 5 parfum last night for sleepytiems, and it didn't disappoint. I was worried because almost half the bottle had evaporated (seal was still intact) and the juice seems a quite dark amber colour....but the gloriousness is all still there! marvelous.

That was a fitting end to my nearly week-long Chanel Only fest, and I am welcoming the morning in a little Apres L'Ondee. I think I'll go with something modern niche after my shower, it's been pretty Chanel and Guerlain intensive lately, and I know there is a box of vintage designer stuff coming my way...I'd better let Serge or Fredric or those Garcons have a little time in the sun!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

L'Eau d' Issey, by Issey Miyake

Gosh SMM, you really have me curious about that Burnt Amber now..."woodsmoked halo" ~ sounds divine!

Twolf ~ give those weary fingers a rest today, 3 hours on such tedious work...you deserve a break!

Veuve, I just revisited the ad you posted for Victor & Rolfs' newest frag - Eau Mega It's completely fantastic! The play on words Eau Mega = Omega, the amazon woman = representing 'mega'/huge, and the gorgeous bottle too! It sort of looks Chanel-ish with the added trademark wax seal of V&R. I tell you, this is one house that spends some time and $ on their brand/image. PLEASE let us know when you get to sample this juice...I don't think it's anywhere in the US yet!

Chanel Coromandel for me today.

I burned a WoodWick Rum Raisin candle for several hours last night, and now my house smells a bit like Ambre Narguilé. Mmmm.

Happy birthday, shadesofbleu & Indie_Guy!

Basenotes Plus

Happiest of Birthdays to our own Caribou, Shadesofbleu and Indie Guy!

Wordie, I have exactly the same reaction to Sebastien Chabal. "Scary-sexy" is a perfect description. I kinda don't want to get too close but if I could just touch that long hair.......ooooooooohhhh, niiiiiice.

Blatant bribery is a bad thing. Do what works, baby! Does Small like stickers? At one point, I could get my girl to co-operate for stickers to add to her collection. We made an album and sometimes would write down the good behavior or task she performed to earn the sticker on the page. It was wonderful positive reinforcement to go back & look at all the stickers she had earned over time.

Nice to hear from Whiffman! I miss his big 'ole bear hugs. Neil's Burnt Amber is a a marvelous "take" on an amber based scent. I can definitely recommend it, if you haven't tried it.

As for me, I am going to wear Andy Tauer's Incense Rose today. It's a favorite of my sisters and I am missing her very much. Wearing IR helps me to feel closer to her.

Oh & things are better with my daughter. She came home yesterday and told me, "Mom, I'm not going to let those people intimidate me!" I am so proud of her.
    Last edited by RHM; 10th September 2009 at 01:36 PM.

Happy birthday
    shadesofbleu and Indie Guy

Santal Blanc by Serge Lutens

Happy, Happy Birthday to Caribou, Shadesofbleu and Indie Guy! Have a fun and fragrant day

SotD today will be Chanel No.19.
    Last edited by Asha; 10th September 2009 at 01:46 PM.

I've been in an anxious and uncertain situation in my life lately, and was sore in need of a "comfort scent," but wanted to stick to my "niche today!" vow...So, what else could I do but reach for that soft flannel PJ of a scent....Ava Luxe Love's True Bluish Light. Its a fragrance version of an evening with a cup of hot tea and a good book, fuzzy socks and all. Way sweeter than my usual tastes, but just the softness I needed. Hug me, LTBL!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Blog Entries

Heritage by Guerlain.

Basenotes Institution

Happy Birthday to ShadesofBleu and Indie_Guy! Happy Birthday to Caribou too ! *HUGS FOR ALL BIRTHDAY PEOPLE *
    Something beautiful and blue for Shades !

Have a wonderful day both of you birthday kids !

This morning it's Tuberose Lei by Ayala Moriel - thank you RainDropSparkle for putting that idea in my head !
    Wordbird- I love your stories of Small- reminds me of when my Small was small ! That rugby player is so unusual looking - so different.
    I LOVE the All Blacks doing the Haka- fantastic .Scrummy Yummy .......
    HUGS to everyone especially Mo today !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 10th September 2009 at 04:09 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Happy Birthday Shannon and Ted!!

I´m inside a cloud of Eau de D*cants today. (Who came up with that phrase, btw? )
    Will take a after my Pilates class (yes, you read it right ) and put on the simple but comfy Kenzo Amour, I think.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger today!

I'm wearing Safran Troublant for the rest of the day.

Thanks for the warm welcomes yesterday!

Parfum Sacre

OOOOH, Fleurry !
    Great to see you here, too ...;-)

Happy Birthday to caribou, shadesofbleu, and Indie_Guy! Have a fabulous day.

Prada Infusion d'Iris

Happy Birthday to the Basenotes Trio, Caribou, Shades and Indie!

I'm wearing Creed's Fantasia de Fleurs today

Basenotes Institution

Booster by Lacoste

Happy Birthday shadesofbleu and IndieGuy!

Musse: A Pilates class!!? I love Pilates and have been taking classes for two years.

I am wearing Mitsouko edp, the queen of fragrance.

So far today, I've sampled Chloe (the new version I'm guessing) and Lola by by Marc Jacobs.
    I'm not sure about these two, but I loooove Citron de Vigne by Fresh which I tried yesterday.
    Thanks Lara !!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Blog Entries

I finally got it open!
    Glorious aldehyde with plenty of oakmoss.
    Last edited by kumquat; 10th September 2009 at 06:43 PM.

Happy Birthday to shadesofbleu, caribou, & Indie from me, too!

Scent twins today with Asha in Chanel No. 19

Hope those of you celebrating have a lovely birthday and year to come... it's raining today, Apres L'Ondee.

Quote Originally Posted by chayaruchama View Post
    OOOOH, Fleurry !
    Great to see you here, too ...;-)
    Hi chaya!

Lubin Idole, nice rhum!

Shades and Indie

Shouldn't sniff down the links. LUVVED the bloomin' roses in Picardee...HATED being disabused of the romantic sexy Chabal of the Caron ad by The Real Thing. Sorry Wordie.

Still feelin' rosy, so.....

...may augment with more Nahema for din with the kids (they're leaving Saturday for ten days in Aspen).

Sob.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Caribou -- Happy Birthday!

Hello all, hope everyone is doing well. I have missed you all terribly and will be more regular now (posting that is, am quite regular otherwise) that i am more myself again.

Huge birthday wishes for Shadesofbleu, Indie and Caribou hope the fun will continue all weekend long for both of you.

Big welcome to Fleurry, no more hiding in the shadows, the spotlight is on you also now.

Chaya love, i am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers so much, you have become an outlet for all positive vibes exuding from me, i do hope you are receiving them.

Mo sweety, i am also keeping you in my thoughts and close to heart with positive vibes. Keep your chin up, or eat a piece of chocolat and things will seem better.

My scent today was Nuit de Cellophane by Serge, it is a nice soft floraly scent. Not bad, but not bottle worthy, definitely not $120 worthy.
    After it wore down i decided to put on some Chant d'Aromes by Guerlain and that is just as glorious now as when i first experienced it as a young girl.

I once again want to thank everyone for their wonderful kindness and positive words while going through a sad time; i will answer all the pm's very soon, you loveys. Truly you are all the best the world and humanity has to offer, everyone of you is golden.

Wishing you all love, peace, happiness, joy and everything else wonderful the universe has to offer. Love and hugs always.
    Last edited by Brielle87; 10th September 2009 at 08:17 PM.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Léonard pour Homme tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

L'Artisan Timbuktu today.

Very faint after 10 hours of wear - but unlike other wearings, I can still smell it this time.

Happy birthday to the birthday folks
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Happy Birthday Shades and Indie! Hope you've been having a wonderful day!

Wordie, you live in Switzerland and bribe... eh.. reinforce Small with Smarties of all things? Shocking! Bring on the Caillier.

Brielle, it's good to have you back again. Though I've been a little irregular (in posting) myself. Mere lazyness... no Cailler for me today, I guess.. Anyway, you've been missing here.

Love and hugs to all of you!

Oh, yes, I almost forgot: My SotD is Peau de Pêche by Keiko Mecheri.

Blog Entries

Hi all and happy birthday to the many birthday folks!

Today's SOTD has been my first proper wearing of Jo Malone Vanilla & Anise.

When I tried a little spray of this while shopping, I really liked it. Now, with a heavier application, it's quite a bit more challenging. For one thing, it's mostly tonka, and not really vanilla (according to both my nose and the Jo Malone SA who made my sample), so it doesn't have that edible creaminess I associate with vanilla. Instead, it's quite dry, herbal, lightly powdery, and somewhat medicinal. When you add the anise to that, it highlights the astringent herbal qualities, making this a vanilla for people who really hate gourmands.

Sadly, I love gourmands, so this is kind of turning me off...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Basenotes Institution

Brielle is back *HUG* I hope you are doing fine sweetie. I agree with you about Nuit de Cellophane - not spectacular for me. Chant d'Aromes is a beautiful scent so you are smelling very glorious today !
    Kumquat must smell delicious too- congrats on getting that bottle open !

This afternoon , I'm wearing Jo Malone Tuberose again.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 10th September 2009 at 09:41 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

summer means fireflys

Thank you for all the birthday wishes, cake, and bleu flowers!

I'm wearing Angel today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

This mornings L'eau d Issey has faded, so I thoroughly doused myself in A La Nuit! JASMINE!!!

Happy birthday Shades and Indie! Hope you're enjoying it all :-)

I'm awash in so many things I don't smell good anymore.

Natori: It's so silky and feminine and close to the skin. t's a bit sweet and powdery, a hint of fruit---I'm assuming the plum

B Never Too Busy to be Beautiful Breath of God. Smells like mint, gasoline, and charcoals on my skin. Maybe my ph is off??

Memo Siwa. A fun and bizarre gourmandy number. Cozy too. A bit tangy in the opening, possibly some heliotrope. Notes listed also include popcorn which I think is hilarious, and I might sense it if I try but it isn't off-putting.

Mark Buxton Black Angel: reminds me of something but I can't place it....lavendery-powdery, some ginger, a hint of woods.

Have I already raved about my new love, sorry DH, but Patou's Que Sais Je? If I have then it deserves a second rave and if I haven't then shame on me! Stunning oakmoss and hazelnutty honey.......
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Happy Bday to Carrie, Shannon and Indie Guy!

I'm enjoying a beautiful late summer's day here in northern Indiana. (Even though I'm at work until 7:00 pm)
    I took out a mini that I haven't worn in ages- Lolita Lempicka. It's heavenly. To me this is like a 'doable' Angel. Loveliness.

Currently testing a sample of Montale's Sunset Flowers!

Very nice to my nose