Code of Conduct

Default Le Male and Angel Men

Been interested in both for a while. Went to younkers (same as macys) to purchase one or the other, and they had angel for $70 1.7 rubber flask and 4.2 Le Male for $70. I was looking for a 1.7 of one or the other for $50-$60. They must have a rip-off price for angel and they didn't have a small size for Le male....sad day. At least I saved some money.

Default Re: Le Male and Angel Men

you can get either online for about 40+ USD with shipping. so for some 80 something dollars, you could get both.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Buy online ? Fragrancex and fragrancenet.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Agreed. Just saying it's exciting to get them right off the bat and not have to wait...but crazy paying double the price. How do they get off?

keep looking, I got LeMale for $25 on ebay for a 4.2oz, I think 25$ for a 1.7 of Amen....

Quote Originally Posted by d_duffy7 View Post
    Agreed. Just saying it's exciting to get them right off the bat and not have to wait...but crazy paying double the price. How do they get off?
    I'm not exactly angry at the stores - they have too much overhead to offer deep discounts like online retailers do. I just honestly wonder how these stores manage to sell fragrances!

I mean, with clothes you can't really get the new season's offerings online, but with fragrances, you can always get just about anything online for cheap. Maybe if you really like the experience of buying in a store and getting that immediate satisfaction? I feel sort of guilty using stores only for testing and sample collection....but it's hard to argue with a $40 discount online.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 10th September 2009 at 04:33 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I'm not exactly angry at the stores - they have too much overhead to offer deep discounts like online retailers do. I just honestly wonder how these stores manage to sell fragrances!

I mean, with clothes you can't really get the new season's offerings online, but with fragrances, you can always get just about anything online for cheap. Maybe if you really like the experience of buying in a store and getting that immediate satisfaction? I feel sort of guilty using stores only for testing and sample collection....but it's hard to argue with a $40 discount online.

Haha, I do the same thing. Although the stores aren't very good about giving me samples. I still purchase from them, but they give me a dirty look and are hesitant to give me samples. It's funny, I see a cologne for cheap at TJ MaXX, I get a spray at the mall, and go back and purchase if I like it.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

You could also try Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge and get a close approximation of both scents in one.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!
    Currently wearing: Sybaris by Antonio Puig

angel is MUCH cheaper without the flask. unless you want it of course just get the refill bottle which is just like any other bottle. $60-70 is normal for 4.2 le male i believed i payed $60(maybe upper 50's) something for mines at a duty free. Both of those are popular scent which you will not be getting for cheap so like it was suggested shop online if you can cause everything is cheaper online ;D but for those of us without a credit card(me..) we're stuck paying full i'd avoid stores like macy's their prices are always bumped up.

Quote Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
    angel is MUCH cheaper without the flask. unless you want it of course just get the refill bottle which is just like any other bottle. $60-70 is normal for 4.2 le male i believed i payed $60(maybe upper 50's) something for mines at a duty free. Both of those are popular scent which you will not be getting for cheap so like it was suggested shop online if you can cause everything is cheaper online ;D but for those of us without a credit card(me..) we're stuck paying full i'd avoid stores like macy's their prices are always bumped up.
    I didn't know any better, but the lady said the refills don't have a sprayer and they have to be inserted into the flasks. Those the flask is cool looking, I'm fine with the alternative. So the refills do have sprayers? Besides, I'm better off with 1.0oz or 1.7oz because of my big collection.

um no she lied to you. it does come with a sprayer and it's perfectly working. they dont HAVE to be inserted, only if you want to. i remember when i was getting mines i asked the sales rep why my bottle was so much cheaper than the other one(i didnt know it came with the flask at that point) and she said that it's cause the other one "came with a fancy decoration" lmao

refill

if you know who she was, i'd take a trip back to the store... ;D
    Last edited by xclusive; 11th September 2009 at 06:40 PM.

I remember who it was, and I'm horrible at confrontation and awkward moments. I'd probably just not go up to the counter if it was her. But thank you very much for the info, I'll probably purchase today if she isn't working.

No problem. Even if you don't want to confront her i'd still go to her and ask to get the refill bottle and see what she says.. It could be that she didn't know what she was talking about which is what i would like to believe but knowing sales rep these days...