Code of Conduct

Default Dunhill Pursuit.

Has someone tried Dunhill Pursuit? Does it have eny similarities with Davidoff Adventure? I have read that the color of the juice doesn`t mach the scent. I`m corious on this one.
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 10th September 2009 at 01:00 PM.

Default Re: Dunhill Pursuit.

I've got a sample vial of Pursuit and i find it a bit more similar to Davidoff Silver Shadow rather than Adventure. It certainly has stronger sillage than Adventure. I find it sweet and woody and that's about it. The top notes are not bad and it dries down to vanilla sweet wood. Just another case of designer's copying each other. however i get some smokiness from Pursuit and I find that smoky note to be rather nice.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

For a mere 60 seconds after application I sensed the spirit of Dunhill Edition spiralling through my nasal passages. Regrettably, I remember little of the experience thereafter, the moist chemically enhanced soup that I had so lovingly applied, evaporated almost completely inside a couple of hours.There is little in the heart and base notes to warrant any deep analysis, other than to say that it is almost totally devoid of charm and identity. This is not remotely worthy of the Dunhill name.

Quote Originally Posted by Inselaffe View Post
    For a mere 60 seconds after application I sensed the spirit of Dunhill Edition spiralling through my nasal passages. Regrettably, I remember little of the experience thereafter, the moist chemically enhanced soup that I had so lovingly applied, evaporated almost completely inside a couple of hours.There is little in the heart and base notes to warrant any deep analysis, other than to say that it is almost totally devoid of charm and identity. This is not remotely worthy of the Dunhill name.
    The OP didn't want a full review you idiot
    Last edited by Drax Blower; 10th September 2009 at 04:40 PM.

[QUOTE=Drax Blower;1613834]
    Quote Originally Posted by Inselaffe View Post
    For a mere 60 seconds after application I sensed the spirit of Dunhill Edition spiralling through my nasal passages. Regrettably, I remember little of the experience thereafter, the moist chemically enhanced soup that I had so lovingly applied, evaporated almost completely inside a couple of hours.There is little in the heart and base notes to warrant any deep analysis, other than to say that it is almost totally devoid of charm and identity. This is not remotely worthy of the Dunhill name.[/QUOTE

The OP didn't want a full review you idiot
    Wow...what a reply to Inselaffe's post...i hope u were joking
    Last edited by JoNnY 4; 10th September 2009 at 04:39 PM.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

[QUOTE=JoNnY 4;1613840]
    Quote Originally Posted by Drax Blower View Post

Wow...what a reply to Inselaffe post...i hope u were joking
    Nope.

[QUOTE=Drax Blower;1613847]
    Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post

Nope.
    So why do u even bother posting then? At least Inselafe gave some good feedback to the OP.

[QUOTE=JoNnY 4;1613852]

So why do u even bother posting then? At least Inselafe gave some good feedback to the OP.
    Don't feed the trolls.:bounce:

[QUOTE=SirSlarty;1613864]
    Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post

Don't feed the trolls.:bounce:
    Yeah i got carried away a bit. That's all from me

[QUOTE=JoNnY 4;1613852]

This guy only likes old Dunhill frags, am tired of him dissing the new stuff. Pursuit is the best thing they have ever made. Its nothing like Davidoff.

I find some slight similarity to Adventure, but the longevity and sillage of Pursuit (at least on myself) outlasts it by miles. Its essentially oranges, spice and sweet incense. I consider it a 'younger / modern' version of Dunhill Edition. It lasts most of the day on me, but sometimes I find it a bit too overbearing!

Drax Blower, I know you are a new member here but please don't personally attack other members. Calling someone an idiot really isnt necessary, especially when the poster was being helpful!
    Last edited by Anthony87; 11th September 2009 at 12:16 AM.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

In my very humble wardrobe, Pursuit is certainly one of the top-notch fragrances. I put it on in the a.m. and get a mild fruity scent which dries quickly to a slightly more spicy scent, then finally (hours later -- even 9 hours later) to a mild patchouli and vetiver softened nearly imperceptibly with vanilla. This is a fine fragrance.

All I know about Pursuit is that there was a big display at the department stores when it was released and then a year or so later there were a ton of bottles at Marshalls - in that sense it's very much like Adventure. As I recall Pursuit is fruity/sweet/woody whereas Adventure is light/spicy/woody. I didn't sample either enough to comment on the quality.

No reason to get banned over a disagreement about old vs. new Dunhill frags. Just make your case and let people decide for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    No reason to get banned over a disagreement about old vs. new Dunhill frags. Just make your case and let people decide for themselves.
    Agreed. Everybody chill. You'll live longer that way.

As to the scents: Pursuit is strong and sweeter, and no, the fragrance doesn't match the appearance of the bottle/juice: it smells brighter than appearances would lead you to believe. And I have to say it: neither scent is worth getting too riled up about.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 28th September 2009 at 07:55 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

i saw a bottle of this juice at marshalls fro 9.99
    i might pick a bottle up for myself.....

Pursuit is one of favorite go to scents.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    It looks like the first 2/3s of this thread was from almost 3 weeks ago. I was pretty shocked when I read it as well.