Code of Conduct

Default There's fig in my Pantene!

Hey, just had a revelation while conditioning my hair today...there's a prominent note of fig in my Pantene Restorative hair conditioner!!! When using hair products, I usually sort of half-heartedly, notice the fruity or fruity/floral clean smell. Today, that smell of fig just hit me like a brick! Does anyone else single out fragrant notes in their beauty products???
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 10th September 2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: sp

Default Re: There's fig in my Pantene!

For me it's there's Pantene in my Serge Lutens, when I first tried Nuit De Cellophane thats what it smelled like just with a higher price tag
    Last edited by lightgreen22; 11th September 2009 at 02:45 AM.
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Does anyone else single out fragrant notes in their beauty products???
    Absolutely! And in my hand soap, dish soap, laundry detergent, all of that! I was using this shampoo & conditioner by a company I've forgotten the name of, but it had the most wonderful scent. It did an acceptable job on my hair, but it was expensive and hard to find, and I was really only buying it for the scent. I finally discovered it was some combination of florals, fruit and mint. Mint just drives me insanely wild with pleasure - not a huge hit of it, just a touch in combination with other notes.

LOL - you know, I was about to post something along these lines. My Shiseido Men facial cleanser reminds me of Creed Erolfa a bit.

I also use Aveda Men shampoo and conditioner and have found notes from all sorts of woodsy fragrances I enjoy in those two.

What worries me is that I sometimes prefer the smell of the scented product to perfume.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    LOL - you know, I was about to post something along these lines. My Shiseido Men facial cleanser reminds me of Creed Erolfa a bit.
    Overall, it's been my experience that Shiseido skin care products have excellent fragrance! I use their Purifying Foam Cleanser and seem to pick up a little osmanthus in it!

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    What worries me is that I sometimes prefer the smell of the scented product to perfume.
    I know what you mean! It somehow doesn't feel 'quite right'!

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Me three.

Absolutely! I've been told that the fragrance is derived strictly from the active ingredients in their products. I'd love to dismiss any of my cynicism on that notion and believe it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Overall, it's been my experience that Shiseido skin care products have excellent fragrance! I use their Purifying Foam Cleanser and seem to pick up a little osmanthus in it!

There was a "Cotton Blossom" hand soap I bought because it was on sale that turned out to smell really nice to me. I'd wear it if it were a fragrance.

Years and years ago, while we were staying with some friends, there was a gardenia hair conditioner that had just the perfect gardenia fragrance. I adored it. Wish I could remember the brand name, now.

Galamb_Borong, handsoap reminds me. I bought three large bottles of handsoap on sale at the drugstore. One had a pronounced freesia note that had me craving freesia for a couple of weeks. Now, I've moved on to the next one and it reminds me of Miracle by Lancome, which isn't a fragrance I've ever particularly liked, but the faint whiff of it on my hands is so pleasant that now I think I want to wear Miracle! I haven't cracked into the third bottle yet. It's a gardenia scent, and I suppose that will have me craving gardenia perfumes. If only they smelled as nice as the handsoaps! If only they were as inexpensive!