Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up S O T D Friday 11 September 2009

:bounce::bounce::bounce:Good Morning Everybody. Today is Friday !!! Thanks GOD !!!
    I wish a very happy Weekend for all of you
    :wave::wave::wave:

Happy Birthday Sweet Lilybelle

Today i am wearing the very sexy Maurice Roucel's

MUSC RAVAGEUR
    Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Top Notes
    Lavender, Bergamot.

Middle Notes
    Clove, Cinnamon.

Base Notes
    Gaiac wood, Cedar, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Tonka, Musk.
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 11th September 2009 at 07:44 AM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Default Re: S O T D Friday 11 September 2009

Happy Birthday, Lilybelle!!!

Tuscan Leather - Tom Ford
    Last edited by perfaddict; 11th September 2009 at 07:17 AM.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Happy birthday, Lilybelle!

First day of school for my girls, today.

It is a cloudy autumn day, and I am again in

Noir de Noir

Have a nice Friday, all!

Make it a good one, lilybelle!

I'm in a bit of a perfume funk today - can't choose.
    Maybe Safran Troublant will do.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Dependent

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILYBELLE

Creed
    Original Santal

Notes: Red Pencil Cedar from Virginia; Benzoin from Thailand;
    Mandarin from Sicily, plus wild Neroli,
    Orange Wood, and an infusion of Vanilla and Ambergris
    Last edited by MFJ; 11th September 2009 at 08:58 AM.

I'm in LOVE'S TRUE BLUISH LIGHT today

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Escada Casual Friday. TGIF and Happy Birthday Lilybelle!

Top notes: Bergamot, Lavender, Tarragon, Coriander
    Heart notes: Lily of the Valley, Carnation, Cinnamon, Jasmine
    Base notes: Cedar, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Tonka

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sira des Indes
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

LILYBELLE! Happy Birthday to one of the best basenoters around!

I'm joining Roberto in the ever-sexy Musc Ravageur! We're scent twins now, but I'll bet we go triplets before the day is done...

Happy birthday Lilybelle!

I'm wearing Chanel Allure today, and have already had a compliment, which was nice.

Have a happy happy day Lilybelle!

Today I am in the deeply woody, musky & sexy Creed Cypres Musc, oh I loooove this (((scentsitivity)))

Quote from Scented Salamander Creed Cypres Musc review:

"I think of it as smelling like passionate sex on the ground under a forest of pine trees with pinecones jabbing into naked flesh."

Um, yes. This is FBW
    Last edited by Jane Daly; 11th September 2009 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    I'm joining Roberto in the ever-sexy Musc Ravageur! We're scent twins now, but I'll bet we go triplets before the day is done...
    Done! Musc Ravageur today for me as well... oh how I love this stuff. Do you think a quad is forthcoming?

And Happy Birthday to Lilybelle

ETA: I woke up this morning and was so overjoyed to be able to smell again, I grabbed my yummy MR and forgot all about all the lovely new goodies I have to try, from my kind swapping fellow BNe'rs. There will most definitely be a new SotE.
    Last edited by Outlandish; 11th September 2009 at 12:09 PM.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Miss Worth by Worth

Happy happy happy birthday, Lilyebelle!

Wearing Vanille Galante to the gym this morning.

Scent for work tonight?? Completely uncertain: possibly Champs Elysees? Possibly Aramani's Rose Alexandrie? We'll see
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Happy Birthday to Lilybelle!!! I hope you have a great smelling day and somewhere a new acquisition appears for you.

The beginning of a fall chill is starting to creep around the edges here at Stately Somerville Manor. This is going to be a busy weekend because the art exhibit my wife is co-curator of, and exhibitor at, has its opening on Sunday.
    The exhibit is called The Art of Mosaic 2009 and the link for those interested is here:
    http://www.mosaicsnewengland.com/09Awards.aspx
    If you're local to Somerville stop by on Sunday I'll be the devastatingly great smelling bartender for the afternoon.

Today I'm wearing something that Chaya turned me on to.

Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Tonka

Vanilla is one of those love/hate notes. There are many, me amongst them, that love the comforting feel of vanilla. There are others who feel it is a sickly sweet intruder on their scents and would wish for all perfumers to lock up their vanilla. Vanilla is certainly a popular note in perfumery. Most times I know what to expect when I wear a scent which has vanilla or vanille in the name. Therefore it is a pleasure when a perfumer can surprise me with a new take on vanilla. Patricia de Nicolai does just that with here 1997 release, Vanille Tonka. When you look at the name you think, Vanille and Tonka, this is like double vanilla. The reality is far different, as by bracketing the titular notes with citrus up front and incense in the rear Mme. de Nicolai creates something entirely unexpected. The top is a mix of tangerine and lime according to the note list but it really is mostly lime there is some aspect of something less tart than the lime but the edge of the lime is what carries you into the heart. The heart is vanilla but this is the vanilla of the bean less sugary sweet and more subtly rich. The pairing with tonka bean is great because the sharp lime works to bring out the spiciness inherent in tonka. Particularly the cinnamon character. So often when tonka bean is used I get teasing hints of the cinnamon and clove character that is inherent to tonka. By using the acidity of the lime at the top it seems to make my nose more receptive to the cinnamon and clove, and in turn it keeps what could be a sticky sweet mess of a vanillla heart under control and really miles away from being sweet at all. The base is a magnificent contrast as Mme. de Nicolai gives this a blast of frankincense. This accord feels like as dry of an incense accord as I've encountered and that arid quality realy turns this scent on its ear and turns it into a sweeter than normal incense scent, on me. Vanille Tonka has average longevity on me and modest sillage. Vanilla scents usually tend towards the gourmand side of the street but Patricia de Nicolai has somehow made a genre-bending version of vanilla that is far from gourmand but very close to being unforgettable.

Have a Fashionable Friday everyone.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 11th September 2009 at 12:26 PM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Happy Bithday Lilybelle !!! I hope your day rocks!

I'm feeling oh so fine in Chanel 22 this lovely Friday morning. The office is quiet, and I'm looking forward to getting a lot done and then going out for a drink after work.

I hope everyone has a great day!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Happy birthday, lilybelle!

SotD: L'Artisan Mûre et Musc Extrême

Happy Birthday Dear Lilybelle, Happy Birthday to you!

I haven't selected my SotD yet...will report back later!

Good morning all and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Lilybelle!! Hope you have a great day! As for me I'm having a lousy day Huge fight with bf....Ironically sotd is Trouble...

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes!

I hope everyone will join me for a glass...

It's a sad day to have a birthday. We lived in NY on 9/11/01. My husband worked on Water Street about a mile from Ground Zero. I always start my birthday off by watching the memorials on TV. My husband makes me turn it off because it's very upsetting, but I don't want to forget. I won't say anthing more about that. I don't want to be a drag on anybody's happy friday, especially my own!

I'm wearing Fendi edt this morning, which is an '80s power fragrance if ever there was one. It smells like a cross between Coco and Paloma Picasso. I found it on the sale shelf at the drugstore for $8, so of course I had to bring the poor underappreciated orphan home with me. I really like it, but it might be better to spray a bit into lotion or body oil to tone it down a bit.

TGIF! Love to you all.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Versace pour Homme today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, dear Lilybelle!

Yes, it's a tough day to get through and I don't think it will ever get any easier. I am feeling fragile and sad.

Sotd is Guerlain Bois d'Armenie, soothing and quiet.

Take care, everyone.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Institution

Happy birthday sweet LILYBELLE- best best birthday wishes to you ,S ! Thinking of you today .

Flowers ( Lilies of course and cake for Lilybelle ! )

This morning , I am wearing Shalimar EDP !

tdem - hugs for you too ........
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 11th September 2009 at 02:47 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Happy Birthday, Lilybelle! Don't let anything ruin it! I hope you'll have a nice celebration.

After 10 days with just 4 bottles and 2 samples, I was anxious to get home. For the past days I smelled phantom Attrape Coeur so that is what I am wearing today.
    Have a very good Friday!

Happy Birthday Lilybelle!

Safran Troublant for me today.

Happy Birthday LilyBelle!

Leaning toward a second day in Fantasia de Fleurs! Beautiful.

I worked in the WTC back in the early 80s and remember it so well. I am still saddened on every trip into the city, still halfway expecting to see it there, like some ghost.

Versace Versense! Happy birthday to Lilybelle!
    Your friend is your needs answered. He is your field which you sow with love and reap with thanksgiving.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday Lilybelle!

Today I'm wearing my decant of Creed Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare, and loving it. One spritz and it just lasts and lasts all day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LILIBELLE!!!

May your day be utterly gorgeous, dear ....

I am in Ambre de Cabochard. It's a bit like a rubbish version of Coco, but it's not that bad.

TGIF!
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Outlandish View Post
    Done! Musc Ravageur today for me as well... Do you think a quad is forthcoming?
    :wave:Hooray, we're triplets! (deep down I was hoping you'd join us Outlandish ) Deep breath in through the nose...slowly exhale through the mouth...that's how I enjoy my SOTD!

THREE CHEERS FOR MUSC RAVAGEUR! - and God Bless Maurice Roucel!

Have a happy birthday Lilybelle!
    SOTD: A Taste of Heaven by Kilian

Happy, Happy Birthday, lilybelle!

Satisfying my patchouli craving today with Serge Lutens Borneo 1834. aaahhhh...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILYBELLE!

Organza Indecence

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Black Cashmere today. It's been a really long time since I've worn this and today's misty cooler weather is perfect for it.

Sending birthday wishes to lilybelle
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Thank you again for all of the lovely birthday wishes! You all make me feel very special today.

I had to shower off the Fendi. I was suffocating. I'm a wimp, I just can't take the BIG frags.

2nd SotD: Estee Lauder's Pure White Linen. Ahhh...much more comfortable now.

Happy birthday Lilybelle!

I wore Champs Elysees earlier but I will spritz some Pure White Linen in your honor before going to bed.

Joining the big group hug for Lilybelle's birthday - I hope the upcoming year is filled with many good things for you...

In addition to what Sept. 11 has come to mean for all (or at least many) of us, it's also a bittersweet day for me for another reason....my late father's birthday. He's been gone for almost 6 years now, but I miss him terribly still...

SMM's description of his SotD inspired me to pull my own FB of this wonderful scent from the back of my drawer...so unique and just wears so beautifully...it's also slightly melancholy and seems appropriate for today, a day of memory and reflection...

Nicolai's Vanille Tonka

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    "I think of it as smelling like passionate sex on the ground under a forest of pine trees with pinecones jabbing into naked flesh."
    [/I]
    Um, yes. This is FBW
    (speechless!) Wow. I'd like some of that!! Happy birthday, Lilybelle!

My SOTD is simply a light YSL L'Homme...
    Last edited by Primrose; 11th September 2009 at 07:03 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Happy birthday Lilybelle.

You know...some days I aspire to the big frags. I put it on, then it grinds its stiletto heel into my foot and reminds me who's the boss.

It happens....

Today - Hanai Mori Butterfly.
    Because it was too rainy, grey and chill this morning to do "big frag."

Comfort seems to be the order of the day.

Hugs to all who need them.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Good evening
    Sacre by Caron
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell

Happy Birthday, Lilybelle!

SotD was Prada Infusion d'Iris.
    After work I dropped by my favourite perfumerie to buy some soap. I asked the SA if I could try some of their Amouage fragrances. She showed me all they had and made me generous samples of my five favourites (I think she would have made me samples of all of them but I thought that would be streching it a little). At least I think those were my favourites because my nose started to feel like someone had shot acid up my nostrils... So I'm testing Amouage Dia for Women . Very classy.

Enjoy your day, everyone!

Edit: Skatecat, I missed your 1000th post. Gratualtions!
    Last edited by potiron; 11th September 2009 at 08:37 PM.

Happy Birthday to lilybelle and many fragrant returns!

Pinecones sticking into my behind plus I am supposed to show some participation in that passionate activity in that pine forest? No, thanks, I'd pass! I'd rather take a bath! Royal Bain de Caron for me today. One of the easiest Carons for me to wear and enjoy.

Basenotes Institution

This afternoon it's Marc Jacobs Essence. I don't think this is 'creamy' gardenia - it still has that slight aquatic edge to it for freshness. I like my gardenias abit 'dirty' and in full creamy bloom but still, this is better than the original Marc Jacobs .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Sweet Lilybelle !
    Happiest Day, darling !

Nadeshda, Chaser...you too !

You sweet folk share this day with Dawn Spencer-Hurwitz...[and SHE is a HONEY !]
    NOW, doesn't THAT make it a bit better ? ;-)

Late to the dirty deed because of 'aerobic' shift at work.....
    DON'T ASK.
    Let's just say that nursing shouldn't be aerobic; and , I could have used an ability to speak both Telegu and Bengali.
    DRAT.

Champagne des Bois earlier-
    Now, I have Femme Jolie [ similar to AL Silk], and Tabac Aurea [ very nice !].

Kisses-

Happy birthdays!

Quickly leaping in to say that I'm wearing Ivoire de Balmain to fake having had a shower (yes, I know that is utterly disgusting and I'm not happy about it - I feel like a Finn who hasn't had a sauna for a month). And that my lovely goddaughter has just given birth to her third child, an adorable little chap named Dylan Sebastian. If only I was within cuddling distance you would not be able to pry him from my hands. I adore babies, especially newborns. They are magical creatures. (And pee, puke and wailing often accompany magic, don't you find?)
    Enough scat.

hugs hugs hugs to all
    xxxxx
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Chaya,

I just ordered a bottle of Femme Jolie. I love it so.

The Happiest of Birthdays to you lilybelle!

Today I´m dressed in the new Escada "Desire Me" from a sample I got at the parfumerie. I have no idea of the notes, but I found it somewhat similar to Boss Orange (both are fruit, white flowers & vanilla). BO is more fruity, sparkling and youthful in style, while the Escada is more quiet and less sweet.
    If I didn´t know better, I would have guessed the Boss Orange to be an Escada scent, though Desire me is far from the annual fresh, fruity summer releases.

Hope your Friday has been/is ab fab!

xox
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR LILYBELLE!!!

We took my MIL-equivalent for a day trip to the seaside in North Wales, and the weather was perfect for it - 20 degrees C with a cloudless blue sky, seagulls, fish and chips, tea and scones, bracing walk on the Great Orme headland, and the most spectacular sunset I have ever seen.

I wore Costume National Scent, she wore Coco EDP. Partner tried not to get a whiff of either.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Happy Birthday to LilyBelle!!!

SOTD is Chanel Cuir de Russie, from a small sample. Lovely.

Take care, all.

Blog Entries

Hi all!

I'm in another one of my full bottles I haven't worn since buying, Garrigue by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier, another New York vacation purchase.

The top is quite similar to the maraschino cherry I get from Creed's Original Santal, but paired with an unusual herbal dirtyness. That herbal quality grew as the scent wore on, meshing with a really strange sweaty salt accord to form a rather strange background for the cherry. My coworker Julia (from the SF meet-up) said it smelled like a particular brand of bitters she knew. I think it smells like a Creed gone sour.

I'm going to have to wear this a few more times before I pass judgement (I do have a whole bottle, so I hope I can fall in love with it).

Hmmmmm....
    Last edited by rogalal; 12th September 2009 at 01:22 AM.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Happy Birthday LilyBelle.....Hope You had a Great Day!!!!!
    Polo Blue for Men by RL.
    Gary

Happy Birthday Lilybelle!!

Friday night - Agent Provocateur Maitresse - I don't think the 25mls is going to last me too long at this rate.
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Happy Birthday LilyBelle! Today I wanted a clean one Eau d'Orlane
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

Happy Birthday, Lilybelle! I hope it was lovely!!!

Long workday for me. SotD was the delightful Fleur de Liane.

Special hug going out to RainDrop.

Today's sample is Love by By Kilian!

So deliciously sweet, I can't stop sniffing my arm!

Hey all! I been stinkin it up in Alien - got a "you smell like honey!" response from a friend. Although after another 2.5hours in the chem lab I smelled of eau de acetone and other delightful chemicals.

Speaking of stinky, so much sexy Musc Ravageur! Mmm you all smell delicious! ♥

Big birthday cuddles to Lilybelle! Hope it was a sweet one!

I hope you are still celebrating and continue with the party throughout the weekend!

Today I wore Guerlain Paris - New York from a sample. Nice spices. I don't know why but it smelled better on me when I tried it a few weeks ago. It may be chemistry but this week nothing I have worn has been spectacular, even perfumes I absolutely adore.

Mmm,another mistery to solve...
    Evenstar

Elixir des Merveilles
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

ooo, exactly 3 hours after jillsy's post... that's quite a gap between scents of the evening. Everyone must be having a nice night.
    G'night, all; going to sleep in Tom Ford Amber Absolute. Sweet dreams...

edit: hey, arwen_elf and Divatologist! I knew there must be someone else out here with me.
    Last edited by turquoisewater; 12th September 2009 at 05:53 AM.