Code of Conduct

Default Fragrant exercises

It is strange how I seem to be drawn to two very specific fragrances for working out at the gym. I wear SummerbyKenzo or 4711, exclusively. They are so clean to me, and when my adrenaline flows, these scents heat up and maintain that clean feeling for me, even when I am not They even encourage me to keep going :bounce:

Today, however, I reached for something different. I wore Vanille Galante. It became so sweet as my heart rate increased, and I was very disappointed with my selection. I love this fragrance under normal heart rate circumstances

I wonder if others experience the same, and what do you wear for exercises (either in the gym or for a hike, etc)?
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Fragrant exercises

I wear perfume to the gym all the time. I think the one that shocked Basenoters the most when I was new here, was Hypnotic Poison ! But I only used a little - it was strong enough to emanate somewhat when I did cardio .

I have also worn Youth Dew parfum extrait in small doses - I got 2 good compliments from that and also Beyond Love By Kilian which also got compliments.

The new Chloe which is no longer in my wardrobe got male compliments a lot -I was quite surprised. One guy said he was going to buy it for his mother- he said it was wonderful .( I beg to differ ! )

Shalimar does well at the gym too and really warms up when you get hot and sweaty.

The one I DO NOT recommend anyone use to the gym is Origins Ginger Essence. I nearly died of heat - I was burning up -I had to throw my entire bottle of water on me when I was spinning . ( I did feel like a Tour de France rider though ! )
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 11th September 2009 at 04:17 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

I like to wear light, somewhat citrus or white musk scents.
    Royal Water
    Eau D'Hadrien
    Bond Eau De New York
    Chanel Rue de Cambon 31
    Profumum Neroli or Acqua Viva
    Last edited by kumquat; 11th September 2009 at 06:35 PM.

Mysticknot--Hypnotic Poison and Youth Amber! My goodness you really like to heat things up! How interesting...the Shalimar is also an interesting choice particularly because these sorts of 'full-frontal' orientals aren't typically refreshing. I like your style :-)

kumquat---Profumum Neroli or Acqua Viva sounds wonderful
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

I love orange blossom and clean musks- "bright scents" to me. Creed Aubepine Acacia, Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger, Laura Mercier Neroli, sometimes Vent Vert,Beige, Musc Bleu. Sometimes a dab or two of Monyette Paris

Funny, I was just thinking how appropriate Estee Lauder Aliage (thanks Kumquat!!) was as a "sport scent". It is bright and invigorating and for that reason alone I think I must get some. To improve my work out
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    I wear perfume to the gym all the time. I think the one that shocked Basenoters the most when I was new here, was Hypnotic Poison ! But I only used a little - it was strong enough to emanate somewhat when I did cardio .

I have also worn Youth Dew parfum extrait in small doses - I got 2 good compliments from that and also Beyond Love By Kilian which also got compliments.

The new Chloe which is no longer in my wardrobe got male compliments a lot -I was quite surprised. One guy said he was going to buy it for his mother- he said it was wonderful .( I beg to differ ! )

Shalimar does well at the gym too and really warms up when you get hot and sweaty.

The one I DO NOT recommend anyone use to the gym is Origins Ginger Essence. I nearly died of heat - I was burning up -I had to throw my entire bottle of water on me when I was spinning . ( I did feel like a Tour de France rider though ! )
    Shalimar is unexpected but now that you mention it does seem wonderful, I usually wear Hermes d'Orange Verte, is perfect because it doesn't have any saltiness to it, saltinesss in perfume= terrible gym experience for me
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]