Code of Conduct

Default Joop! Homme Official Medical Warning

And people say antidepressants have a lot of warnings!

(I got this idea when I saw the Joop! Age Cutoff thread and considered replying that it shouldn't be worn by anyone under 7 years of age lest they be plagued with serious developmental issues. I thought I'd expand the idea and ended up swapping a few words in the drug Effexor's precautionary statement [found here: http://www.effexorantidepressant.net...ecautions.html]. I tried to change as few words as possible. It's scary how fitting this warning is! )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Joop! is a powerhouse which works by disrupting a natural balance of chemicals in the human adult brain. Like all powerhouses, this particular scent must be handled carefully, especially if you are wearing other scents, and especially other powerhouses.

The way Joop! causes depression and panic disorder is by decreasing the balance of selected natural chemicals in the brain. In turn, this helps to contribute to the mood problems often experienced by wearers.

Mixing scents can cause serious or even fatal responses so it's important to understand how scents interact with each other and which ones to avoid. Mixing scents with dangerous or fatal results is often labeled as accidental poisoning, but this is a very preventable death or injury so long as care is taken.

If you are on Joop!, there are a number of kinds of scents you should avoid. Your doctor will be able to go over these more stringently, but as a loose guide, these are the type of scents you should avoid when on Joop!. Always tell your doctor if you're wearing any of these scents so that he can adjust or change your dosage as necessary.

Joop! does not respond well with leather scents such as Knize Ten because of serious side effects and results. Joop! also has problems with gourmands like Rochas Man, A*Men, Lolita Lempicka au Masculin, Givenchy Pi, or Borneo 1834 if worn within two to seven weeks of each other. You should also tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are wearing any body sprays or even scented lotions as certain scents simply do not get along well with Joop! and your doctor will be able to advise you on how to change your scent regime in order to stay safe and keep your scents effective for what they were designed to do.

Scents that are sweet, other powerhouses, and bedtime scents can also cause inadvertent side effects when worn alongside Joop!. Masculine scents, feminine scents, unisex scents and even scents for your pet can also cause difficulties when you're wearing Joop! at the same time or in close proximity. In short, considering the long list of scents which contain ingredients that do not cooperate with this powerhouse, you should tell your doctor about everything you're wearing regularly or even semi regularly so that there is less risk of hurting yourself. Even scents in EDC concentration or those which contain no IFRA restricted or limited ingredients can cause problems, so always check first.

If you overdose or accidentally mix scents, you should always call poison control for advice and seek medical attention, especially if you feel overly drowsy, have seizures, or a sudden, rapid heartbeat as these are indicators of serious problems to come if the overdose/mix isn't dealt with by a qualified professional.

Mixing scents with Joop! is just like being poisoned; except this can be easily prevented by telling your doctor everything you're wearing, even things that seem inconsequential such as laundry washed in scented detergent. It's too hard to predict what Joop! will have a strange effect with or when, so better safe than sorry. And since Joop!, like many powerhouses is sensitive to other scents, you have to be doubly careful not to accidentally mix it with something else.

Prior to wearing Joop!, you must consult a doctor. You will also need to have regular consultation with your doctor for the first 3 months of wear. For first time users of Joop!, you may experience thoughts of suicide, especially for those under 24 years old.

When in doubt, always ask a doctor about Joop! before application of this powerhouse.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 3rd January 2010 at 07:12 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Default Re: Joop! Homme Official Medical Warning

According to this article, you should NEVER wear Joop and perhaps be arrested and executed

Lol

I like the stuff so - I must now be a raging schizophrenic by now from all the fumes I have inhaled

I'm in two minds about Joop Homme.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I like the stuff so - I must now be a raging schizophrenic by now from all the fumes I have inhaled
    I actually like it in moderation, too.. but man it is POTENT! I once sprayed a card with a single spray of the stuff and the base notes were going strong months later. No lie.

It does make one wonder about these chemicals accumulating within the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I'm in two minds about Joop Homme.
    Renato
    lol! Well played!
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 4th January 2010 at 05:33 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

In my quest for finding more green/pink layerings (inspired by my testing of Paul Smith Story the same day as rose scents, and of course the green/pink masterpiece Windsor) I was imagining the effect that Joop ( a loud pinkish scent) would have layered with Polo Green.....

...I have since regained my sanity thanks to this thread.

I use it as paint stripper ... lol

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    In my quest for finding more green/pink layerings (inspired by my testing of Paul Smith Story the same day as rose scents, and of course the green/pink masterpiece Windsor) I was imagining the effect that Joop ( a loud pinkish scent) would have layered with Polo Green.....

Save this layering test for Dec. 21, 2012!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I refuse to open any seal I-VII

Truly this is real and true? mhggg, I wanted to buy nightflight I am disappointed: S

although they know, once I found out that Le Male cause skin cancer, will seriously?

I have yet to try it
    after this post I feel obliged to
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Quote Originally Posted by Hasupk@gmail.com View Post
    I have yet to try it
    after this post I feel obliged to
    1. Holding your breath (and holding a JOOP! tester), get a good jogging pace going.
    2. Let off a single spray of JOOP! away from your body
    3. Explode into a full sprint for at least 10 strides, still holding your breath.
    4. Turn and face the area you just ran from and take a light inhale through your shirt or scarf.
    5. Report back your findings, should you be fortunate enough to survive.

I still can't get past the child-proof cap.
    ...I think I'll attack it with a pair of pliers.

According to this program called Weekend Update on Saturday Night Live, the act of purchasing Joop will automatically put you on the CIA and Interpol watch list. This was my 1st time watching Weekend Update and SNL and it is really informative.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    For first time users of Joop!, you may experience thoughts of suicide, especially for those under 24 years old.
    Mulder: How'd he do it? Those don't look like razor wounds.

Scully: If I didn't know better, I'd say he scrubbed halfway through his wrists.

Mulder: Damn. I thought I'd seen everything. Look! Steel wool. You were right.

Scully: What would make a man do such a thing?

Mulder: Whatever it was, it must have been worse than grating off his skin, muscle, and blood vessels, bit by bit, with a Brillo pad, until he bled to death.

Scully: Well, there has to be a logical explanation. Perhaps an alien parasite fed to him by evil Amish children made him do it.

Mulder: Why don't you just accept the possibility that he tried Joop!? It would explain everything.

Scully: No, Mulder. I simply can't believe that a person would do such a thing. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post

Polo Green + Joop!

OMFG. RUN!

You know I hear the army and police are using joop now instead of tear gas. Apparently its more effective and they are finding the fragrance to be a great tool in the fight against crime.

Being new to BN, until reading this site, I never knew there were so many haters of JOOP! I have been a fan of the smell for a long time. When I wear it, I always get females (especially college age) that compliment it.

HOWEVER!!!!!!! I agree that it is POTENT. On some of my cologne bottles, I have to put my nose on the sprayer to to get a whiff. With JOOP!, all I have to do is remove the cap. Seriously, I like the smell, but careful application must be made to avoid overdoooosage. To me it is a very hard scent to describe....... but for some reason.... I like it.

I heard it damages lab animals DNA and may cause birth defects to men carrying unborn fetuses.

This was one of my 180║. I learned to like it after following suggestions by fellow BNoters:

1. Just one spray, two at the most. That is more than enough.
    2. Wait (a lot)
    3. Enjoy

It does take patience, and some indifference as per others might think of it.

SculptureOfSoul, just for going through the effort of writing that out, makes me think "Whoooaaaa" !!

Joop! Homme just sills too much for my liking. I also cannot handle the top notes.
    Last edited by Surfacing; 4th January 2010 at 07:15 PM.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Candid shot of the Joop! Homme production facility crew, carefully handling some of the 'top secret' ingredients utilized in Joop!

Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 9th January 2010 at 11:45 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Not much of a risk to me, since- just out of personal taste, nothing more- I never used Joop!Homme, apart from testing/sampling without even a second re-testing, in the first place.

GAWD! I hate that stuff! A flippin' induced coma via one kids desire to ravage a candy store in 1 minute to be then stuck with a flatulent problem...he Only emissions the finest crap! It's poison in a jar...and the type of poison that really makes poison safe. I hated the sillage before and hate it even more now!

Sorry, disagree with it entirely!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket