Code of Conduct

Default My experience at Macy's tonite...got a few questions..

If you havent noticed, I have made several threads these past few days because I am about to expand to my little collection (6 bottles) and i dont have much experience with colognes...I am in college and tonite I went to Macys and smelled about 6 bottles...

La Nuit de l homme- wasnt impressed as much as i thought I would be, kind of a boring smell..i like the drydown alot but smells good nonetheless and I could deifnitlty see myself wearing this....

Polo green- smells horrible, I put the tester back on the shelf as soon as I could

Chanel Allure Sport- Love the topnotes, one of my favorite scent I smelled so far in my life...how is longevity...i got a sense that it doesnt project very well...hopefully im wrong?

Calvin Klein Eternity- very green smelling fragrance, I liked it "ok" nothing special

Issey Miyake- like it as well, very floral smelling fragrance but would be good for summer, drydown is good and apparently is lasts awhile too.

CHanel Egoist- good smell as well, kinda spicy but i liked it! not worth paying 75 bucks for though!

Blog Entries

Default Re: My experience at Macy's tonite...got a few questions..

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyU View Post
    Chanel Allure Sport- Love the topnotes, one of my favorite scent I smelled so far in my life...
    It sounds like this is your winner!
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Out of all of them i would look into the Allure and the Issey Miyake. The Allure has GREAT longevity, and is absolutly loved by college girls. They Issey Miyake is also loved by college girls.
    You are completly right about the Egoiste, it's spicy and all, on top of that it's a clasique, but its not for ur age group, you have to be atleast 25-30+ to wear it

I would go to Sephora, get sample vials of the Issey Miyake and the Allure sport, and finally 212 Men "not sexy men" they are all diffrent, and all loved by women. I would give those 3 a try.

Egoiste is a classic. You can probably get a better price online.

Polo Green is a classic too, but it's time likely has past. It was huge when it first came out.

Eternity. Pass.

La Nuit de 'Homme. Don't know about this one.

Miyake. Sort of a classic. One the fresh frags from the 90s that started the shift to the lighter, aquatic male scents. It's a huge seller. Women like it on men. A lot of us (including me) think it's a bit overused like Aqua di Gio. It's a good frag.

Chanel Allure. No experience, others will weigh in.

I think you need to keep looking. What other store choices do you have to look in?

I've found that I often think a frag is exceptional the first time I wear it, but rarely do I feel that way each subsequent wearing. So, before spending a lot of money, getting some samples from Sephora, as Metallica77 said, is probably the best idea.

Check out The Perfumed Court.

I've got a cart that I'm going to submit next week and try a TON of them for less than the price of one bottle blind-purchase.

Versace Dreamer
    YSL M7
    Black Code
    L'air du Desert Marocain
    Eau Des Baux
    Rose 31
    Ambre Sultan
    Versace L'homme original
    A*Men
    YSL Kouros
    YSL Body Kouros
    One Million
    Terre De'Hermes

If I dont like it, I'll give the remainder away. If it stands out, I'll add it to my list of re-orders and narrow from a compilation of just fragrances I like, so I can try them in more of a back-to-back fashion without the interruptions of fragrances that dont appeal to me or match my chemistry.

As may or may not be apparent, I like the amber-oud type (I think thats how you spell it?)... the vanilla & burning incense smells... Some were recommended based on that, others are highly enjoyed but not quite so mainstream scents that I just felt I should try.
    Last edited by warrior504th; 13th January 2010 at 02:58 AM.

anybody know how the chanel allure sport compares to original Allure? the reason i ask is because I can get a 3.4 oz of Allure unboxed for the same price as a 1.7 of sport..

Allure Sport is a much lighter scent than Allure, although both are sweet and fruity. I found the longevity of Sport disappointing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyU View Post
    anybody know how the chanel allure sport compares to original Allure? the reason i ask is because I can get a 3.4 oz of Allure unboxed for the same price as a 1.7 of sport..
    The Sport is less tobacco-like, more like a spicy citrus.

The Sport Cologne is even less spicy, more citrus and a bit woody (instead of spicy) but not a lot. It's an awesome citrus, great when it's really hot, or for sports, etc. It's my favorite out of the bunch, but also the lightest.

Also the Allure Homme Edition Blanche is nice - kind of creamy, powdery citrus.

The whole Allure masculine line is good, frankly. MysteryBuff is right - longevity goes down, but they're lighter-feeling scents, so it's typical.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post

Also the Allure Homme Edition Blanche is nice - kind of creamy, powdery citrus.
    I agree with Red. This is my favorite of the Allure series.

I found Allure Homme Sport to have excellent longevity and projection. I wasn't crazy about the dry down, however.

Buy whatever fragrance you like. There is no such thing as an age restriction with fragrances. Most people in the general public have no idea about what year a certain fragrance came out, have no idea what notes were popular in what years. etc and don't care. Those things are in the realm of hobbiests who study these things and then come up with these ideas.