Code of Conduct

Default Got a dozen new samples today, my first thoughts from a noob...

Decided to do 4 at a time, and all blind as in I didn't look at the label, I just applied them so as not to taint my opinion. These were all skin tests, but not full wearing...First four

1. Quorum - a little musky, old-ish, not that great, probably won't buy. I had thought this would be the loudest of all the samples, but not really, not that crazy strong..

2. Boucheron - soapy, boring, reminded me of a kiddie cologne I had long, long ago (scentuous scents?) Probably the least offensive of the first four...

3. Bijan - least favorite of the first four, but who knows, could grow on me. Definitely getting "smoky, incense" from this, reminds me of a campfire/midnight mass...This is one though that I'll definitely be re-smelling. I did find myself sniffing this more than any of the others.

4. Tuscany per Uomo Forte - my fav of the first four. Hits high in the nose?, probably the most feminine of the first four. Flowery maybe, smells "white", ''high"... This would be the one that's discontinued

Nothing from the first four "blasted" me out, even the Quorum, and all smelled much better after drying down.

Round 2 - decided to write first thoughts before I even looked at them..

1. Bright, green, nothing memorable, not offensive, could see this not lasting long

2. Worse than 1, more green, generic'ish, least fav of second four..

3. Wow, fruity? flowery? perfume-ish for sure though. Very feminine. Sweet, but delicious. Fave of the second four. Better top notes than dry down, I already miss that opening, need to apply againn....

4. Slightly powdery, but clean, little soapy, less offensive of all so far. Need another wearing, first impressions could be that frag you wear when you don't want to reek...doesn't seem to last long.

1. Polo Crest
    2. Polo - original
    3. Faconnable
    4. Nautica - orig

waited awhile, Round 3

1. what the hell is that? I can' figure this one out...

2. knew this one was Tuscany, smells similar to Forte, less sweet/clean, though, prefer the other. i'm sure much cheaper/available though, will smell again.

3. oh god, stale lemon pledge/ furniture polish ....no thanks to this one....

4. candy sweet, flowery, not too natural though, jolly ranchers.....

1. YSL Pour Homme
    2. Tuscany
    3. Armani eau pour Homme
    4. Claiborne for men

Okay, so this was just first impressions. The two that stuck out were Tuscany per Uomo Forte, and the Faconnable, those two will get more wear. otherwise, some older scents I never smelled before, Polo's were terrible, Bijan was the strongest, YSL pour homme need to wait and try that with a fresh nose, didn't get it...

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Got a dozen new samples today, my first thoughts from a noob...

Thanks for sharing, hcr. Did you wait at least until the drydown? I often found that a first impression while helpful only tells half of the story.

Default Re: Got a dozen new samples today, my first thoughts from a noob...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Thanks for sharing, hcr. Did you wait at least until the drydown? I often found that a first impression while helpful only tells half of the story.
    yeah, but the last four I probably should have waited longer, I think my nose was getting overwhelmed...the last four I may need to do again, except the Armani...nope to that one... I did find it interesting that the two I liked the most were the ones I would consider unisex/feminine.... not sure I would go full bottle of any of these yet though, need to spend more time individually with the top 5 maybe.