Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: S O T D Saturday 12 September 2009

Happy Anniversary to Dimi and Mira.....and many more!!!!!
    gary

ooohhh...Happy Anniversary to lovebirds Dmitri and Mira! and many many more!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Institution

This evening I am trying out Jo Malone Orange Blossom from a sample . It's very orangey to start and then neroli ( which always seems to smell like steamed basmati rice on my skin for some reason ) - not bad and better than Laura Mercier Neroli. Just not very long lasting, dries down after 2 hours to a light soapy hand wash smell .
    Have a great evening everyone.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Hello all...last one to the party?

Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Dmitri!

Went scentless today b/c I had to be outside, stomping around in the long grass...

So just dabbed on a bit from each of 3 samples:

ELPC Jasmine and White Moss...last few times I found that I loved the opening but then becomes something very "heavy", sometimes overpowering...yet I don't give up . This time, just used a tiny bit...right now, it's in that gorgeous drydown.

Les Nez Manoumalia....the main note is fragrea (sp?), known here, I believe, as puakenikeni - a fabulously fragrant blossom used in lei. It's an unusual one - you can pick it white & then it will turn a deep golden color. The scent is creamy and sweet - I think that if you like gardenia, tuberose, pikake...then you will like puakenikeni.

Delrae Debut - soapy white floral. I think it could be nice on the right person - but my mom used to use an bathroom freshener (Amway?) that smelled just like this (sorry!).

Big hugs to all...hope your Sunday is restful and happy.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Last edited by kbe; 13th September 2009 at 12:25 PM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell