Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: S o t D Sunday September 13

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    Hermessence Ambre Narguile
    Hermes
    Me, too!
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Post Thanks / Like

Lacoste Essential

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Pour Monsieur After Shave (vintage) by Chanel

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bond No. 9 Harrods for Him from a sample tonight
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Post Thanks / Like

Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose

Notes: grapefruit, orange, rose, rhubofix, vetiver (from NowSmellThis.com)

Eau de Pamplemousse Rose is a modern take on traditional Eau de Cologne. It starts with bright and bitter citrus, dominated by grapefruit and balanced with lemon and lime. There is hardly any rose to be found, although there is a vague sense of fresh petals, even if the accord is not distinct enough to be recognized as rose. As with most cologne waters, EdPR is fleeting, refreshing, not terribly complex and short-lived. The grapefruit does stick around for longer than expected and does not turn into a sulfuric odor as many grapefruit oriented fragrances do. As the opening citrus accord mellows, EdPR turns a bit powdery, somewhat reminiscent of its sister scent, Eau d'Orange Verte. However, EdPR is not as "green" overall--the powdery notes are less mossy and more like subtle florals mixed with orris root. Light grapefruit and powder is the final drydown stage which arrives within twenty minutes. The remainder of the development is simply a linear fade-out of this accord. Anybody who loves the Eau de Cologne genre would find EdPR to be not only acceptable, but perhaps also a welcome alternative to the typical offering. Although the composition is relatively solid and the fragrance fulfills all its requirements as a cologne water, it does not sing in the same way that its inspiration, Eau d'Orange Verte, does. Certainly it is a must-try for grapefruit lovers, and is suitable for men or women.

Hermes Eau de Gentaine Blanche

Notes: gentian, white musk, iris and incense (from NowSmellThis.com)

I must admit--to my knowledge, I have never smelled gentain in a fragrance. As a green fragrance lover, though, I am completely enthralled by the opening bitter green and woody accord which I can only assume is the gentain. The gentain is joined by some abstract, creamy floral with a "wet paper" quality which may indicate it is a light indolic such as jasmine. Whatever the opening notes are, they are magnificent and cruelly short lived. Within twenty minutes, the glorious melange starts to turn peppery with powdery orris. This is the same peppercorn and hot-pepper accord found in Hermessence Paprika Brasil, and is quite warm in comparison to the refreshing top notes. The pepper and orris are long lived and ride along while the gentain and florals fade in a linear manner. The deep drydown is mostly pepper and a light, sweet musk. Of the two Hermes Eaux releases this year (the other being Eau de Pamplemousse Rose), I find EdGB more satisfying. However, I am frustrated that the green notes I enjoy so much in the beginning development are extremely fugitive. I'm not sure EdGB would benefit with lavish application, because I can imagine the pepper being quite overbearing. This is a must-try for green fragrance lovers, and is suitable for men or women.

Post Thanks / Like

Paris Hilton for Men

Post Thanks / Like

Polo Explorer
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Aramis Always

Antidote by Viktor & Rolf
    Gary

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Tihota by Indult

Post Thanks / Like

Geir

Post Thanks / Like

Chanel's Coromandel - From a sample

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose

Notes: grapefruit, orange, rose, rhubofix, vetiver (from NowSmellThis.com)

Eau de Pamplemousse Rose is a modern take on traditional Eau de Cologne. It starts with bright and bitter citrus, dominated by grapefruit and balanced with lemon and lime. There is hardly any rose to be found, although there is a vague sense of fresh petals, even if the accord is not distinct enough to be recognized as rose. As with most cologne waters, EdPR is fleeting, refreshing, not terribly complex and short-lived. The grapefruit does stick around for longer than expected and does not turn into a sulfuric odor as many grapefruit oriented fragrances do. As the opening citrus accord mellows, EdPR turns a bit powdery, somewhat reminiscent of its sister scent, Eau d'Orange Verte. However, EdPR is not as "green" overall--the powdery notes are less mossy and more like subtle florals mixed with orris root. Light grapefruit and powder is the final drydown stage which arrives within twenty minutes. The remainder of the development is simply a linear fade-out of this accord. Anybody who loves the Eau de Cologne genre would find EdPR to be not only acceptable, but perhaps also a welcome alternative to the typical offering. Although the composition is relatively solid and the fragrance fulfills all its requirements as a cologne water, it does not sing in the same way that its inspiration, Eau d'Orange Verte, does. Certainly it is a must-try for grapefruit lovers, and is suitable for men or women.

Hermes Eau de Gentaine Blanche

Notes: gentian, white musk, iris and incense (from NowSmellThis.com)

I must admit--to my knowledge, I have never smelled gentain in a fragrance. As a green fragrance lover, though, I am completely enthralled by the opening bitter green and woody accord which I can only assume is the gentain. The gentain is joined by some abstract, creamy floral with a "wet paper" quality which may indicate it is a light indolic such as jasmine. Whatever the opening notes are, they are magnificent and cruelly short lived. Within twenty minutes, the glorious melange starts to turn peppery with powdery orris. This is the same peppercorn and hot-pepper accord found in Hermessence Paprika Brasil, and is quite warm in comparison to the refreshing top notes. The pepper and orris are long lived and ride along while the gentain and florals fade in a linear manner. The deep drydown is mostly pepper and a light, sweet musk. Of the two Hermes Eaux releases this year (the other being Eau de Pamplemousse Rose), I find EdGB more satisfying. However, I am frustrated that the green notes I enjoy so much in the beginning development are extremely fugitive. I'm not sure EdGB would benefit with lavish application, because I can imagine the pepper being quite overbearing. This is a must-try for green fragrance lovers, and is suitable for men or women.
    Awesome reviews of these two, Asha. I paid special attention to them, and I've got to say, if I could have found the words to say what I experienced, they might have been a pale imitation of what you have here.

Felt a sudden urge to sniff Guerlain Homme today. Very light application - beautiful, as always.

SotD: Guerlain Homme
    SotE: Guerlain Eau de Cologne Imperiale

Post Thanks / Like

Patchouli Homme by Réminiscence

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to bump yesterday's thread but forgot to post
    I wore Maitre Tailleurs Eau de Tailleur yesterday for a trip to the outlets and Frederic Malle Dans tes Bras for the evening.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!