Code of Conduct

Default Tobacco Vanilla Or Musc Ravageur

In the next few months I have been thinking in picking up a full bottle of one of these two. I have tried a sample of Musc Ravageur and I really like this as one spray and you are good to go all day. But I also like tobacco fragrances as well as vanilla but it is hard to get a sample of Tom Fords Tobacco Vanilla.

Which one of these two is more worthy of a full bottle purchase?

Default Re: Tobacco Vanilla Or Musc Ravageur

easy , MR. (my opinion )
    Last edited by ohhmygod; 13th September 2009 at 10:16 AM.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

They're not alike enough to choose one over the other as a better implementation. Both are orientals but with very different character and development. It's a personal choice I'm afraid, but really, both are nice. If you like tobacco go TV.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

Go for Tobacco Vanille. If you don't like it, you could always drop me a PM.

Seriously though, you sound like you didn't sample TV yet. Try before you buy! As for Musc Ravageur, I prefer MKK, which will be released as an export scent soon.

Sur la Plage

No choice IMO - it's Tobacco Vanille without a doubt.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 13th September 2009 at 11:44 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

One more vote for Tobacco Vanille.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Such a hard question. They are totally diffirent if compared to eachother.And These two are so amazing to me. While MR is about 135E for 100ml, Tom Ford is about 180USD for 50ml. Then I easily go for MR

Obviously they are very different fragrances, but I as well strongly prefer Tobacco Vanille.

As a matter of fact, it will likely be my next major purchase. I have been wearing decants for far too long. Do I really need 100 ml? Probably.

I think you've got to try Tobacco Vanille before making a decision. It's not that hard to obtain a sample in the UK...A lot of members in the UK will be willing to decant it for you...

Both MR and TV are excellent fragrances, however if you have to pick one, it's best you evaluate them yourself. TV is a very heavy fragrance and lasts forever. You can't add TV frequently in your rotation. It is very heavy on vanilla and you must be a vanilla devotee to enjoy it as much.

Nobody asked me...BUT...for a guy - I would prefer him to smell of TV, no matter how it worked.

Am not particularly fond of either of the Muscs mentioned - too reminiscent of the 70's pour moi.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Can only give a big thumbs up to MR. Haven't sampled the other one.

Tobacco Vanille
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Thank you all for your thoughts, I am leaning towards buying a 50ml bottle from Harrods of Tobacco Vanille. And I can also buy a few 2ml samples of Musc Ravageur from elsewhere which lasts for ages with just one spray to the chest on me.
    Last edited by Jack Hunter; 13th September 2009 at 04:56 PM.

I've got both and I prefer MR for what it's worth. It's the more interesting scent in my opinion. Women have liked it more on me as well.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Thank you all for your thoughts, I am leaning towards buying a 50ml bottle from Harrods of Tobacco Vanille. And I can also buy a few 2ml samples of Musc Ravageur from elsewhere which lasts for ages with just one spray to the chest on me.
    I don't usually support Tom Ford but, on this occasion, you've made the right choice.