Jeanne - Marie Faugier's PASSION BOISÉE
    Frapin & Cie

TOP NOTES
    Tangerine, Nutmeg
    HEART NOTES
    Rhum, Oak Moss, Clove
    BASE NOTES
    Patchouli, Leather, Cedarwood
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 14th September 2009 at 08:45 AM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: S o t D Monday 14 September 2009

In the mood for something uncomplicated: Jil Sander Sun.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Oh Roberto, what a fabulous scent! I love those notes. And I saw a photo of the insanely gorgeous guy who runs the company too. Meeeeow! One to investigate...

Today I'm in a Miller Harris scent - Feuilles de Tabac - which is very autumnal to my mind. It smells brown. The weather has turned here and it's now a little chilly in the mornings when I walk Small to Kindergarten. Usually it gets warmer by lunchtime and yesterday was fabulously sunny at 27C. But that little nip to the air means I am thinking of putting away my High Summer perfumes until next year.

I've become a bit obsessed with Miller Harris, I must admit. I am currently stalking a bottle of Fleur de Bois on a certain internet auction site. Should I bid on it? Will I like it? It would be a blind buy. Ach I'm rubbish at decisions. I'll tell you later whether or not I decide to place a bid.

I hope you all have a grand Monday. Hugs to anyone who would like them.
    xxxxx
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Started out the day in Mac Naked Honey which I think is perfect for a pretty, spring day with all it's honeysuckle and jasmine. I hate that this one was limited

Now wearing (recently purchased) Van Cleef & Arpels First which is an entirely different tone from Naked Honey and I feel very sophisticated in it. My mother was horrified that I want to wear this and she exclaimed 'Stef, it smells like something your Nonna (grandmother) would wear!' to which I have to laugh because she loves Vera Wang princess and I love First... a bit of generation swapping going on there
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

You are all smelling gorgeous this morning!
    It's rather autumnal here today and I have just
    applied some of my treasured Feminite de Bois.
    I am looking forward to all these lovely plummy, heather,
    violet shades of clothing that seem to be in fashion this year.
    FDB always seems like what deep purple should smell like to me.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: S o t D Monday 14 September 2009

Encre Noire.

INFUSION D'IRIS by Prada

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Prada Amber pour Homme.

Top notes: Bergamot, Mandarin Orange, Neroli, Cardamom
    Middle notes: Geranium, Vetiver, Orange Blossom, Myrrh, Nirvanolide
    Base notes: Ladanum, Sandalwood, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Saffron, Patchouli, Leather

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Wordbird - Fleurs de Bois is a little bit like A Scent, but less "clean and mainstream", and with more facets to it - it moves from very green to more floral as it goes on. It is Sarah Vine, Beauty Editor of The Times's favourite scent, as it happens. It is also my favourite of the line, and if the bottle is a bargain, you won't regret it I am sure.

Me, I am in JM Vanilla & Anise, as I have to go to the doc's, so a mishmash wouldn't be seemly.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Mmmmm, lurrrrrv Feuilles de Tabac, Wordie.

I'm in Jardins de Bagatelle, and reaping the compliments. Wonder if I am mistaken, but could swear that it has a quick moment of leather and tuberose in its middle. Have never noticed that before today, though.

Thanks, VM!
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Etat Libre Putain des Palaces
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Wordie- it is very gorgeously sylvan, without being resin-laden, and the florals creep in on tiptoe; I love it.;-)

Happy Birthday, Leopoldo !
    Remember him, folks ?!
    It's his birthday, the sweet dear sod....

Perfume indecision reflects the mind and emotion's disorder.
    Hence, yesterday weas schizy- Jasmin 17, Amoureuse, Emotionelle.

Today- much to do, and Chamade needs to be worn....
    Exquisite, costly, always satisfying beauty that uplifts and warms.
    There, there.

Kisses to all you fragrant friends AND fiends alike .
    MWAH.

been nursing my final drops of Fifi Chachnil

today may be a Songes day, once again.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Good morning !Today is a quite exciting day in Norway....It's election day! Me and a friend have decided to follow the results on tv ,as they come in, together...And of course have a glass of wine and make some nice food too Sotd is Chene. Have a great day all!

It was an exhausting but rewarding weekend here at Stately Somerville Manor. The Artist in Residence, my wife, had the art show she is co-curator of open yesterday. Saturday was all business getting the space ready for Sunday's opening. Sunday was a blast I got to be a bartender as I poured the wine and sparkling water and gave a little explanation of the pieces behind my station. The opening was a huge success as over 500 people, in a touch over three hours, come through. Best for me was that my station was near my wife's piece and I got to hear many people talk about how much they liked it. I am so proud of the effort she puts into her art and into the community of artists. She, like I, was exhausted last night. I wore Bois des Iles for my bartending stint yesterday.

Today I am wearing something my "fragrance mule" brought back for me from Paris

Etat Libre D'Orange Fat Electrician

The more things I wear from Etat Libre D'Orange the more I realize how much I like the risks the House takes. One of the noses for the House who has regularly seemed to connect with my sensibilities is Antoine Maisondieu. Three of my favorites, Noel au Balcon, Vierges et Toreros and Rossy de Palma, are his compositions. When I heard M. Maisondieu had done a "semi-modern vetiver" for the line I knew the 2009 release Fat Electrician would be interesting, and it is. Fat Electrician has the most in common with Vierges et Toreros of the three scents I mentioned previously. It has a strength around its central note that pushes the envelope. Much like the raw leather accord in Vierges et Toreros the vetiver in Fat Electrician comes off rawer and more unrefined than it does in other scents. I like it because it makes it stand out from those other vetivers that I own. The description that comes in the box claims M. Maisondieu is trying to create a "white, metallic, silver' vibe at the top. I'm not sure I get that, what I get is a raw green, grassy accord with a healthy amount of cigarette. This is carried forward into the heart where the vetiver comes in quite intensely and quite green. The smokiness of the cigarettes combine marvelously with the edgy pungent vetiver. The transition into the base, again, according to the note list is supposed to be a gourmand-like "chestnut creme". I don't get that at all as instead I get a great resinous mix of opoponax and myrrh which really finishes it nicely on me. I think I'm pretty thankful that the gourmand notes don't appear on me as I think I might not like this as well as I do if they were present. Fat Electrician has great longevity and decent sillage. Fat Electrician is different than any of the vetivers I currently own and while I think it is definitely worth a try by any vetiver lover it is not going to be one loved by every one of those vetiver lovers. If you do like your vetiver on the strong side invite a Fat Electrician over you might find him to be more interesting than you might think.

Have a Munificent Monday everyone
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 14th September 2009 at 03:57 PM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

mmmmM7 today. Delicious
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

No. 5 Eau Première. It's not autumnal here yet. It's supposed to get up to 85 F today. But it's cooler now in the mornings, which is nice.

Have a good one!

I'm feeling dead-tired after the weekend but happy we had such a good time. I can catch up on sleep in the winter :-)

SotD is the very last drop of Fleur Blanche from my friend, Kumquat :-) I love this so much and can't wait til I get Printemps in my hands!

Have a wonderful day everyone
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

L'Air du desert Marocain to combat Monday Blue.

Roberto those notes DO sound lovely.

Today it's Creed Fleur de The Rose Bulgare- lush, green, pretty & somehow calming. It's only 8 degrees right now but will be up to 25 by this aft, but it smells like fall.

Looking forward to FdTRB's deep ambre gris laden sexy sister, Fleur de Bulgarie when the sweaters & pashmina's come out and the leaves are on the ground.
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

A Great pick me up to start the week.

LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Escentric 01 from Escentric Molecules

Parfumerie Generale Cadjmeré

Bulgari's new BLUE II

Basenotes Plus

You're all smelling fabulous today!

Testing Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire Bois d'Iris. Very pretty, sweet iris. It's something like Dior's Bois d'Argent, only softer and sweeter.

Wishing you all a good day and a smooth start to your week!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

What a fabulous rose, 3xasif! I swear I can smell it right through the screen. I know exactly what it smells like.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 14th September 2009 at 02:50 PM.

Memory lapse - please ignore this post!!
    Last edited by kewart; 14th September 2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: double post!!

Basenotes Institution

Good morning eveyone !
    After complaining about how desert like and hot it was over the weekend, God heard me and it actually rained here this morning . It's much cooler and feels more fall - like. Whenever it rains here I am amazed and surprised.
    This morning I am wearing Beyond Love By Kilian.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I'm wearing Bois de Violette today.

I'm having lunch with my mother today, and then we will go grocery shopping.

Have a wonderful day!

A*Men (Thierry Mugler)

Good Morning, all. I cannot fathom that today is the first day of convocation week (yes, we devote a whole week to convocation -- seems a bit much to me) and that next Monday I will be back in teaching mode again. Probably because, as lilybelle already posted, it does not feel like fall yet. (I think she said "autumnal" though.)

SOTD is Bel Respiro, which will hopefully keep me happy and still be unobtrusive enough to go undetected amongst the perfume haters in the crowd. Take care all, and have a splendid Monday!

Hello!

A grey, rainy but warm day here.

I was wearing Noir de Noir for work.
    Later, at home, after a bath,
    Samsara body cream.
    Last edited by *dora*; 14th September 2009 at 04:38 PM.

Ignore my previous remark re: rogue leather note in the middle of Jardins de Bagatelle. It's all rot. I realised that it was a cheeky smear of Piguet's Cravache that was still lingering on that square inch of skin ...
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Vera Profumo - Kiki today.
    Last of the sample. Sigh.....

Wore Worth Courtesan on Saturday for polo and wine. That is one worth hunting down. Powdery, vanillic, musky. Just insanely sexy. So much so that the SO bought me a present for HIS birthday
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Blog Entries

Luxuriating in AA Flora Nerolia today!

Back at work in AL Kama. What a warm, comforting scent.

A beautiful September morning and a hectic schedule put me in the mood for warmth and elegance with a whopping dose of calm. So, we go through the wee bottles and choose:

Samsara Extrait. Aaaaaaaah.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

I was in my closet, peering at my bottles & samples, positively dancing from foot to foot in an effort to make a choice... and I went with 24, Faubourg again. This is going to cause a FB purchase soon, I know.

Tomorrow I am sampling something new. I swear.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Roberto and Wordbird, you've caught my attention with your choices this morning. They sounds wonderful!

Mysticknot and I share the same climate zone, I think. We had rain, too, after not seeing rain for many many weeks. Usually doesn't rain here at all between the end of May and the end of September.

It seemed like a day for Theorema. Yum!

Angelitos Angel's Breath

a.m. Fleurs de Citronnier
    p.m. Chergui

Mauboussin (women's version)

L'Instant by Guerlain.

Right now I'm being terrible typing my SotD on my phone why in class I'm
    alway very respetful and a good student but right now it's just so boring

so anyway my SotD is

Aqua Di Parma's Iris Nobile

it doesn't fit the name because while the scent has traces of iris in the top notes and the drydown it leans to a light white floral for the most part

Back to paying attention
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc

Tabac Blond

Haunani, your new avatar is gorgeous! And you smell mighty tasty.

Roberto, count me among the officially intrigued at your choice for today.

TheLipPrint, cute story about your mom! My own mom has stepped very carefully around telling me what certain favorites of mine smell like to her ("I've noticed you like older ones," spoken dupicitly, bless her heart .) She wears Jergens original lotion.

Special thanks and (((hugs))) to Brielle, for your words yesterday regarding my work situation. Poop on them, hee! My sentiments exactly.

Hello hello, lightgreen, nice to see ya!

I hope the day goes well for you all.
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 14th September 2009 at 07:11 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Hanging out w/Mo in Samsara. Mine's not the parfum 'tho. The edt from the 80's in the gold canister is what I've got. Still...tis beee U tiful!

SotD: 06130 Lentisque
    SotE: Amouage Dia for Women

Have a great day, everyone!

Hello dear BNers!

SotD is Hermes Kelly Caleche

Wordbird, I love your avatar with Small. Inspires me to take one of me and my little one (also a kindergartener)...wouldn't it be something if the two little girls could meet & play (they'd have such fun together, I think)...

Hope you all have a great week...

Wordie, loving the new avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLipPrint View Post
    My mother was horrified that I want to wear this and she exclaimed 'Stef, it smells like something your Nonna (grandmother) would wear!' to which I have to laugh because she loves Vera Wang princess and I love First... a bit of generation swapping going on there
    Hahaha, my mother and I are quite similar. Although there is some common ground - Champs Elysees, Opium, Fidji.

I'm in a large dose of TBS Vanilla. Yummy! Wondering what it'd be like if I added some smoke a la Bvlgari Black. Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by jillsy View Post
    Hahaha, my mother and I are quite similar. Although there is some common ground - Champs Elysees, Opium, Fidji.
    The funny thing is she loves some perfume from her era such as Fidji and she's been trying to find a bottle of Nina Ricci Caprici, but I've noticed that she seems to dislike anything with a lot of aldehydes such as Chanel No5 and First. I think I take after my dad - he sticks to his classics like Fahrenheit and Eau Savage
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

My SotA/SotE is Aqua Allegoria Figue-Iris, which I wore to my evening class. Mercifully, we were let out early this evening. It smells good good in this weather...warm, sunny, but fairly dry.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Tonight in Aramis Devin (vintage). Incredible depth and a fabulous sillage..
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

It's sort of a blah, melancholy Monday ... so I reached for Bond Fire Island. Wish I was at the beach today instead of being on call at work.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

Hi all!

Ambre Narguille again for me. Its glory seems wasted on a generic Monday at work, though. Like a beautiful painting slumping in a dark closet not being appreciated....
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Nuit du Cellophane...it makes me smile
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

Hi, everyone! Late posting again, but Wordbird (and others), please add me to the Fleurs de Bois fan club! I've got a taste (with kisses to the BN angel who knows more about my skin than *I* do and even more about fragrance in general, and gave me a sample!) -- I think it's beautiful.

Diving back into work with a vengeance this week - all kinds of craziness going on, but mostly "good crazy." Launching a completely overhauled web site in 2-3 weeks and started training staff on how to use a new content management system to make the site work; also writing lots of educational and media pieces on various aspects of healthcare, including reform.

SoTD: Right! Anticipating a fairly warm, sunny day today I reached for Lancome Climat. A fine, light floral aldehyde, though I could've done with a slightly heavier application. Despite the boatload of notes, I mostly get champagne fizz and light wildflowers on a pale vetiver base. Fortunately, I really love all of those elements!

Climat notes: Top notes are violet, peach, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, bergamot, rose and narcissus; middle notes are aldehydes, rosemary and tuberose; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, amber, musk, civet, bamboo and vetiver.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 15th September 2009 at 01:55 AM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

A La Nuit SOTE

SotD was Hermes Gentiane Blanche again today. I really like its bitter, green stemmy-ness, and wearing it under my sleeves helped that note last quite a bit longer. It is very light, but still perceptible now almost 12 hours later (3 sprays to each arm).

SotE is Guerlain Vol de Nuit extrait.
    Last edited by Asha; 15th September 2009 at 03:17 AM.

Sous le Vent today. Thank you Asha!!

This is a very nice chypre. I almost wrote that it was the best newer chypre, but isn't it a re-issue of an oldie?

In enjoyed it very much. Even the lavender is delicious and I am not a lavender kind of girl.

Sunnyfunny, I am sorry you are having a hard time at work...me too!, everybody is lovely, except for the one person that really can make my life difficult.
    Evenstar

Cologne Du 68 by Guerlain
    Gary