Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 42 of 42
  1. #1

    Default Scents that drive her wild

    Hey guys, now I haven't worn cologne since I was in grade 10 (I'm 22 now). However I'll be going on vacation in a few weeks where I will be going out every single night with my friends. So I thought now's a good time as any to dip my toes into fragrances. Well, not really. Since I don't have the time or money to buy 30 tiny sample bottles from luckyscent. When I get back I will.

    I know each nose is different but for now now I'm looking for a scent that will drive "her" wild. Let me put it this way. If you had met your dream girl and you were about to go on a hot date with her, to different places in the city, what would you wear?

    Though not that important, it would be a plus if this cologne was bearable during the day time.

    Right now, the only colognes that I've liked are Armani Mania (This one kind of irritates my nose) and I am King (This one got awful reviews here but I still like it). FYI, I used to wear polosport. All the time. Everywhere.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Check out Guerlain Homme (2008). It seems to get mixed reviews here on BN, but I think that might have more to do with reviewers comparing it to some of Guerlain's legendary classics than anything else. Taken on its own, this is a fresh, modern, versatile and sexy fragrance, perfect for a young guy. Could be used at the clubs or in the office, day or night, summer or winter. Should be easy to find, I know my nearest Nordstrom's has it for example. I picked up a bottle this week and it is my current favorite. Can't see why the ladies wouldn't like it. I fully recommend it

    EDIT: For something similar but less expensive, check out Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Bart's. Also see the sticky on this topic, as others have noted
    Last edited by Chasing the Dragon; 14th September 2009 at 01:36 AM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    There is an ENTIRE thread devoted to this:

    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=212334

    Bottom line: it's the man, not the fragrance, that will attract a woman.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    This is a fascinating topic I have long hoped to see discussed here.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Rub your chest liberally with $100 bills.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!


    *~~________________________________________~~*

  6. #6

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    If those girls aren't from basenotes, Aqua Di Gio.
    lol.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Thanks Primrose, I really should've tried a search first.

    I haven't read that entire thread, it's monstrous. I'm only on page 8 out of 30 something. But yeah, now we're getting somewhere. First it's important to distinguish fragrances that evoke a "you smell nice" reaction from those that evoke a "my panties are soaking wet and I want you!" reaction. For the former, maybe something like cool water or GIT would do just that, whereas for the latter, something like Kourous would be better.

    Anyways, here's a list of a of possible candidates so far, based on how many compliments the wearers received per day, and based on the context/nature of those compliments.

    Kourous
    Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin
    Howe Mori
    M7
    A*men
    Cool Water
    GIT
    Silver Mountain Water
    Last edited by bassnotes; 14th September 2009 at 02:36 AM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    So you missed the "it's the man, not the fragrance" part?

    Fragrance doesn't do what you're asking. Just doesn't work that way.

    Crayfish

  9. #9

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Crayfish, no I didn't miss that point. I just thought that it was so painfully obvious that it would be silly to even bring it up.

    If I ask the fellas at styleforum for some advice on what to wear on a hot date I wouldn't expect them to dish out pablum such as, "its not the suit that makes the man. Its the man". I mean that's all fine and dandy but what kind of shirt should I wear?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    I guess it's the hyperbole ("drive her wild") that's bothering me. A fragrance might make you fractionally more attractive, or....well, frankly, I think it can hurt a lot more than it can help.

    I'll just assume that the hyperbole is there for the fun of it and I'll shush.

    Crayfish

  11. #11

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Quote Originally Posted by bassnotes View Post
    I know each nose is different but for now now I'm looking for a scent that will drive "her" wild.
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnotes View Post
    those that evoke a "my panties are soaking wet and I want you!" reaction.
    WTF.
    Seriously, wear whatever, but if you do not fix your attitude, you're not getting any either way. Girls/women are not animals you're looking to ensnare by appealing to their primal instincts.
    It's also worth remembering that you're not among your dude friends here, and that some of your intended quarry is reading this too.
    /Grumpiness.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

    Douglas Adams

  12. #12

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    @Crayfish: Yes, it's hyperbole . Just as the opening question of that stickied thread linked in this one contains hyperbole (i.e. "What scent makes you want to rip a man's clothes off?"), so does mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    WTF.
    Seriously, wear whatever, but if you do not fix your attitude, you're not getting any either way. Girls/women are not animals you're looking to ensnare by appealing to their primal instincts.
    It's also worth remembering that you're not among your dude friends here, and that some of your intended quarry is reading this too.
    /Grumpiness.
    Attitude? I've never had any problems getting women with my "attitude". I really don't know what you're getting at here. As for the possibility of women *gasp* reading this thread, I'm always very clear and honest with my intentions, and I'm very open about sex, especially with women BECAUSE I don't see them as fragile creatures that need to be protected from the scary outside world. They're adults. They can handle it.

    Sheez, I really don't like the sour opening at all, it's much too sharp and caustic for me. I hope it settles down into something more comfortable, warm, and relaxing.

    Time for bed,
    Later, dude
    Last edited by bassnotes; 14th September 2009 at 09:43 AM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Honestly, if I don't like the man, it doesn't matter what he wears. I was initially attracted to my husband because he's smashingly handsome and charismatic, I actually hated his frag (Armani Code). I slept with him because we had a spark, not because of his frag. I fell in love with him because he treated me good and made me feel special, not because of his frag. The biggest turn off for me was that egotistical, popped-collar, party boy persona that so many guys think they need to affect to get laid.

    There's no magic bullet to "make panties wet" or that leaves women orgasming in your scented wake. Please, how crass. Here's a tip - I'm 23, not far from you, and recently left that whole college party scene. Women much prefer a man that compliments her sincerely and treats her like something other than a pair of tits in stilettos, something to be lured in like a fish. Sure, I might've thought in passing, "hey, he smells nice" but it didn't exactly make me levitate and follow his manly scent.

    The most saavy ladies' men that I knew figured out long ago that attraction - yes, even the one night stand variety - depends on being an attractive person, not necessarily just an attractive package. And, believe me, women can smell when a man is trying way too hard from a mile away, no matter what he's wearing.
    Last edited by inscentiable; 14th September 2009 at 12:04 PM. Reason: HTML tags instead of BBCode.
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

  14. #14

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Quote Originally Posted by inscentiable View Post
    Honestly, if I don't like the man, it doesn't matter what he wears. I was initially attracted to my husband because he's smashingly handsome and charismatic, I actually hated his frag (Armani Code). I slept with him because we had a spark, not because of his frag. I fell in love with him because he treated me good and made me feel special, not because of his frag. The biggest turn off for me was that egotistical, popped-collar, party boy persona that so many guys think they need to affect to get laid.

    There's no magic bullet to "make panties wet" or that leaves women orgasming in your scented wake. Please, how crass. Here's a tip - I'm 23, not far from you, and recently left that whole college party scene. Women much prefer a man that compliments her sincerely and treats her like something other than a pair of tits in stilettos, something to be lured in like a fish. Sure, I might've thought in passing, "hey, he smells nice" but it didn't exactly make me levitate and follow his manly scent.

    The most saavy ladies' men that I knew figured out long ago that attraction - yes, even the one night stand variety - depends on being an attractive person, not necessarily just an attractive package. And, believe me, women can smell when a man is trying way too hard from a mile away, no matter what he's wearing.
    Nice to hear this from a young woman who can look beyond a man's mere looks for the *real* man inside! (A woman can look at a Greek statue and find *physical beauty.*)

    Scent only adds to a man's attractiveness. And attractiveness is not all physical.

    A man can be as handsome as an Apollo, but if he's a jerk, most women will figure this out soon enough and move on. Perfume or no perfume.

    My husband is the most virile man I know. He's a bit balding, has love-handles, and has a boyish, elfin face. But his carriage, intelligence, kindness to others and confidence make him a chick-magnet...and certainly to me.

    Take a tip from women. The great courtesans and seductresses of history bear witness to the attractiveness of the character and not the physical trappings. For at least five centuries, "ugly and plain" women have snared men's hearts to the point of the men's ruin. A good example is Pauline Viardot, an opera singer from the 19th century. A plain, ugly face, but attracted admirers by the dozens. Ditto for Ninon de Lenclos of the 17th century. Or George Sand (a woman) of the 19th century. The list goes on.

    The long thread on scents women like will help you seeing all the options out there. In all honestly, a man can wear rose and jasmine oil and not seem "feminine" to me at all. In fact, he'd get my interest. Masculine charm is in a man's personality and wit.
    Last edited by Primrose; 14th September 2009 at 01:12 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  15. #15
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    I agree with the ladies here but I get that you are looking for a scent that women will like.

    But really---different women like different scents. There is no right answer here. Just buy what you feel good wearing.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    It amazes me how this is such an emotional topic. Why do people get so worked up over someone asking what fragrance women like. How is that any different than picking your cloths based on what makes you look good or popping a tic tac to make your breath smell better. There is nothing wrong with wanting to know what women like to smell. With that being said I agree that it is more about the man than the fragrance. It doesn't matter what you smell like if she ain't feeling you she ain't feeling you but trying to make yourself be the best you you can be by cloths, scent, etc.........why not?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    Why do people get so worked up over someone asking what fragrance women like.
    They don't.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

    Douglas Adams

  18. #18

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Welcome to the fragrant fray, bassnotes.

    Technically, you should take each individual woman you're interested in fragrance-shopping with you to find out what might make her want to nuzzle your neck for a closer sniff. You'll get a hundred different answers from a hundred different women (there's a reason that other thread is so monstrous). And it works backward for me: a man's cologne doesn't attract me to him initially, but afterward... if I smell THAT cologne and it makes me think of him and remember... mmm (lemme borrow Divatologist's *church fan wave* here). Maybe I Am King will be the one that "drivers her wild" at the memory of you.

    I understand that you just want some popular recommendations without all the dissection, but I don't think an "attractive" fragrance is very easy to recommend.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    First it's important to distinguish fragrances that evoke a "you smell nice" reaction from those that evoke a "my panties are soaking wet and I want you!" reaction.
    Oh, if that is all you want to know, than the answer is easy.

    There is no such difference. The more you think such a thing exists, the more it indicates to the world around you that you are precisely the kind of young man that young ladies would like to AVOID getting together with.

    There are no "fragrance roofies" out there. Find something you like, apply it sparingly, and then be the kind of guy that a girl might like to lean in an whisper to....and, then when she does, she just may think you smell nice.



    As to why people find the question annoying....well, it's been asked over-and-over, and it comes across as a relentless insistence that females are lower order organisms that can be driven in to some kind of mad frenzy of lust by a spray of perfume. I think you'll find that many women will comment here that they find certain masculine fragrances to be very appealing, and, really that's the most you should expect.

    Curiously enough, I don't think I've ever seen a woman post asking what perfume will drive men into paroxysms of lust. Wonder why that is, don't you?
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!


    *~~________________________________________~~*

  20. #20

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Quote Originally Posted by bassnotes View Post
    Attitude? I've never had any problems getting women with my "attitude". I really don't know what you're getting at here. As for the possibility of women *gasp* reading this thread, I'm always very clear and honest with my intentions, and I'm very open about sex, especially with women BECAUSE I don't see them as fragile creatures that need to be protected from the scary outside world. They're adults. They can handle it.
    OK, I'm un-shushing.

    I understand that the original hyperbole is hyperbole, but it does suggest a mindset that a lot of women are likely to find unattractive, no matter how it's perfumed. The idea that a woman will be mindlessly trapped by a scent, whether you're serious about it or not, is just not an attractive idea.

    I'm sure that women can _handle_ the mindset; they're not likely to have fainting spells from the shock, no. That doesn't mean that they like it. If you're willing to narrow your choice of prey (and, yes, "prey" is a word that fits in the mindset, I think) to the women who do like it, that's fine, but you are narrowing.

    To address one specific point: Just because sex is the goal, that doesn't mean that it's best, or even good, or even not-counterproductive, for the fragrance to _say_"sex". Just as the seventies guy with the open shirt and gold chains caught in his chest hair was usually not attractive, no matter how high-quality that chest may have been, a guy wearing an overtly sexy fragrance is, again, likely to get a negative rather than a positive reaction. A little indirection can be a good thing.

    Crayfish
    Last edited by Crayfish; 14th September 2009 at 04:40 PM.

  21. #21

    Talking Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Quote Originally Posted by Crayfish View Post
    OK, I'm un-shushing.

    I understand that the original hyperbole is hyperbole, but it does suggest a mindset that a lot of women are likely to find unattractive, no matter how it's perfumed. The idea that a woman will be mindlessly trapped by a scent, whether you're serious about it or not, is just not an attractive idea.

    I'm sure that women can _handle_ the mindset; they're not likely to have fainting spells from the shock, no. That doesn't mean that they like it. If you're willing to narrow your choice of prey (and, yes, "prey" is a word that fits in the mindset, I think) to the women who do like it, that's fine, but you are narrowing.

    Crayfish
    I think bassnotes is a young man looking for an honest opinion of what women like to smell on a man. I know that is a tall order, as we have said, as there are many scents women like and there are other attractions about a man that interest women even more than his perfume.

    The media now (and in the past...remember Hai Karate? Those old TV ads have a man beating women off because of this aftershave...) tells young men that women will come in droves with just the right deodorant or cologne. Just look at that Axe ad of hundreds of women (bikini-clad) running over hill and dale after the Average Joe because he wears scent. Preposterous!

    That bassnotes is a member of styleforum.com shows he is interested in being attractive--sartorially. You can generalise here, too, to the tune of ZZ Top's "Every Girl's Crazy 'Bout A Sharp-Dressed Man." (I have a *thing* for a *certain* sharp-dressed man...who happened to wear a lot of perfume...) As an aside, I thought the unkempt beards of the band members the antithesis of the song...)

    I'd like to add a little advice to the idea of scent that women like. Good grooming is important--being freshly bathed. Cleanly-shaven or facial hair trimmed and groomed. (This is also a generalisation; I overheard a young woman say she liked tractor drivers "with dirt under their nails." No joke on this.)

    The greatest scent a woman wants to smell--the skin of the man she loves! With or without perfume.

    For laughs, I offer up this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAnU9zT87j4
    Last edited by Primrose; 14th September 2009 at 06:30 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Well, that ad settles it. Bassnotes needs Hai Karate.

    Go Forth, Young Man!


    Unless, of course, you want to avoid coming across like one of these guys. In that case, just try being nice and cute and funny.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!


    *~~________________________________________~~*

  23. #23

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    First off, I apologize for not doing a search first and foremost. I wouldn't have created this thread if I had found that other one that has been linked here. So for that, I deserve to be flamed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I think bassnotes is a young man looking for an honest opinion of what women like to smell on a man. I know that is a tall order, as we have said, as there are many scents women like and there are other attractions about a man that interest women even more than his perfume.

    That bassnotes is a member of styleforum.com shows he is interested in being attractive--sartorially.
    This cracked me up! Ironically, I like to dress well because it pleases me. I do get compliments now and then about how stylish I am but I could care less(ha, even though at styleforum or Superfuture, my attire would be considered bland and boring). I love to, or at least I love to attempt to wear the simplest clothes to individual perfection. One of the things I enjoy most is finding jusssttt the right blend of patterns. Fit, proportion, color. Simple and elegant!

    Anyways, I don't think it's a tall order at all to answer the question I asked. Here's what I've learned so far, basically, every nose is different, but at the same time there are also certain scents that do evoke a good reaction from the opposite sex in general. Incense woods and floral incense are preferable to something stronger. Any clean, citrus or soapy fragrance with a slight hint of clean perspiration. Here is a list of possible colognes that fit that bill:

    Kourous
    Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin
    Howe Mori
    M7
    A*men
    Cool Water
    GIT
    Silver Mountain Water



    @tang: Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it.

    @YoucancallmeMO: "Curiously enough, I don't think I've ever seen a woman post asking what perfume will drive men into paroxysms of lust. Wonder why that is, don't you?"
    Yeah, this is curious. I mean, there are enough forums, threads and magazines out there that dispense advice on what kind of makeup to wear, what dress to wear, what hairstyle to sport, what kind of exercises to do in order to firm the glutes. So that there are no threads on what perfume to wear IS curious indeed.

    @Crayfish. I really don't know how you got all that from my OP. I didn't mention anything about mindsets. I didn't imply it in my question. "Trapping" and "hunting" women using a scent? LOL. Pleassseee! I just thought that people here would have the good sense to infer that "given, there is a mutual connection, the guy is confident, intelligent, charming, has a good sense of humour, and has a great personality" naturally went along with "What scent would drive her wild?".

    @Inscentiable: "There's no magic bullet to "make panties wet" or that leaves women orgasming in your scented wake."

    There may be no magic bullets, but I'm pretty sure there are a few key notes that can leave her hearing music in her ears! Let's assume we have the c note, and maybe the G note taken care of.... now all we need is a good base note. Is that too much to ask for?
    Last edited by bassnotes; 14th September 2009 at 07:15 PM.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Quote Originally Posted by bassnotes View Post
    First off, I apologize for not doing a search first and foremost. I wouldn't have created this thread if I had found that other one that has been linked here. So for that, I deserve to be flamed.

    This cracked me up! Ironically, I like to dress well because it pleases me. I do get compliments now and then about how stylish I am but I could care less(ha, even though at styleforum or Superfuture, my attire would be considered bland and boring). I love to, or at least I love to attempt to wear the simplest clothes to individual perfection. One of the things I enjoy most is finding jusssttt the right blend of patterns. Fit, proportion, color. Simple and elegant!

    .There may be no magic bullets, but I'm pretty sure there are a few key notes that can leave her hearing music in her ears! Let's assume we have the c note, and maybe the G note taken care of.... now all we need is a good base note. Is that so much to ask for?
    Bassnotes, I am glad you dress for yourself! I think clothing is one of our deepest means of expression. You are to be congratulated for being young and a fashion individualist! You want to be attractive to yourself--and that counts, too. (That's the true dandy spirit: "The heck with anyone else--I dress for one person--moi-meme.") I, too, dress for myself. Those what-to-wear makeover shows would have apoplexy with me as a guest!

    In that you like simplicity and elegance, perfect fit and proportion--you must be of the George Brummell mindset. Brummell, BTW, hated perfumes with a passion. He was known for frequent bathing and clean underlinen.

    (Speaking only for myself, give me a peacock man any day of the year--a man interesting in strutting for his woman! Perfumes and jewellery, esp. those I have given him...and have special meaning.)

    I am glad that you are narrowing your scent choices and off to a good start.

    Moi? I'll stick to my Parfum d'Habit, YSL Paris and Black Orchid, wearing cufflinks with my paint-spattered Ralph Lauren jeans... :bounce:
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    GIT is a fabulous all purpose fragrance. Works all year, In a suit, shorts, whatever. If you want just one "all purpose" frag, GIT is a great choice. Lasts quite a while, too.

    Few others that pop into my head right this minute are Mugler Cologne, Gucci Pour Homme II, Bvlgari AQVA,L'Eau D'Issey, and Chanel Allure Homme Sport that are generally well received and might work for you.
    Last edited by Tedster; 14th September 2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: added Issey

  26. #26
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,224

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Bassnotes, I'm not a lady, but FWIW, from that list, I own and enjoy:

    Kouros: Animalic
    M7: Aoud
    GIT: Fresh green
    Silver Mountain Water: Aquatic
    Cool Water: See GIT (also they are the closest to Polo Sport of the lot)

    Of those, I find M7 to be most sensual.

    And welcome!

    ps. The ladies may have put their points out strongly, but they make sense. This is not to say you are wrong for having your own view on things.

    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by MFJ; 15th September 2009 at 07:19 AM.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    bassnotes, you crack me up.Anybody who knows what Superfuture is gets +++awesomeness points.

    I'm 26 and what I enjoy most on a guy is anything that doesn't smell too obviously like "cologne." I'm more attracted to earthy, woody, or rooty scents, accords that hover like a low hum on a guy's skin. It's unexpected and that little moment of surprise can work in your favor. I haven't tried M7 but it's got oud, as Matthewfoo pointed out -- something like that, and less of anything too sharp or fresh (especially fresh because I'm thinking what you don't want is to smell like anybody's ex-boyfriend, who most likely wore something fresh!).

    I think you should venture into niche a bit more before you settle on your pantykiller scent, though.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    i get many from DKNY Be Delicious, i guess bc of the woody, tan scent given off, but with Reaction from KC i havent gotten anything mainly bc it doesnt last long, and its a very light fragrance, but i really enjoy it so i continue to use it

    thx,
    ryan
    Last edited by LanEvo; 15th September 2009 at 12:19 AM.

  29. #29

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    every woman is different and there are diff scents that attract differnt ones, so its very hard to say

  30. #30

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Here is my two cents on the topic...If you are an a**hole it does not matter what you wear you will still be an a**hole.

  31. #31

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Younger women, in my experience, tend to like either 'sweet' or 'fresh' fragrances. I dont think you could go far wrong with something like Lolita Lempicka au Masculin (sweet - smells like 'dusty' licorice & vanilla), Body Kouros (sweet but a bit 'fresher' than Lolita) or Polo Blue (fresh aquatic & cucumber - used to get alot of complements with this 'back in the day') with 20-ish year old girls.

    My girlfriends personal favorite is Joop! Nightflight, but thats not because of the fragrance itself but the memories associated with it, as it was the only fragrance I wore the first few months we were dating.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

    Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

  32. #32

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Quote Originally Posted by Partagas View Post
    Here is my two cents on the topic...If you are an a**hole it does not matter what you wear you will still be an a**hole.
    That is another chapter in and of itself. What about the fact that some women like "bad boys" and from my experiance it seems that the women who I act cocky and self centered and basically don't treat as well as others I hook up with more and the women who I am sincerly nice to usually end up being just friends. With that being said to the original poster I think you have a good grasp on this topic and I am sure of your list the one you choose will get you compliments.

  33. #33

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    My two cents on this - Bassnotes, whatever fragrance makes you feel confident and alive and sexy will have a positive effect on the impression you make on women. The "she" in question doesn't even need to be able to smell it on you (at least until you're locked in an embrace); but then I favor the "close sillage/low projection" school of fragrance wearing.


  34. #34
    ECaruthers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    946
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Questions like this come up so often that I put all my ideas into a blog post a couple of weeks ago.

  35. #35

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Guys, I appreciate all the advice. I have a good idea of precisely what I want now. Out of the colognes I tried on my list, Kourous Body and Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin are the ones I decided to get. These are exactly what I'm looking for (read: the only ones I can afford). They're quite inexpensive on ebay. I think they're under $20 each!

    I expected a lot from GIT but I actually didn't like it that much. It smells like... well, an Irishman. It is quite distinct from the rest of my selection though. And I like that it's a little more musky than sweet. Another one I enjoyed was A*men. But it did remind me of this chocolate scented candle that my friend would always light in her apartment.

    @Aznavour: Great to see a fellow SuFuer here. We're everywhere! Because we're the people who do your laundry and cook your food and serve your dinner. We make your bed. We guard you while you're asleep. We drive the ambulances. We direct your call. We are cooks and taxi drivers and we know everything about you.

    @Anthony87: Who said anything about younger women?

  36. #36

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    I think that there is a presupposition that men and women tend to like different fragrances, that men are partial to a certain type while women prefer a different. Maybe this thread would not have turned to where it did had that been discussed?

    For what its worth, Prada Amber had a lovely women kissing my arm. I guess she liked it.

  37. #37

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    I think that although the fragrance might not make the man, it can definitely enhance his presence and vibe...

    So I suggest you go out and try Aqua di Gio by Armani for the daytime and Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier for the night time.

    I have never met a woman who doesn't like these two fragrances. You might notice a lot of people wear Aqua di Gio and Le Male, but that's because they're great ones, albeit somehow not very appreciated here on BN because they're a little too "mainstream."

    Other frags that get good responses from women:

    Prada Amber pour Homme
    Black XS by Paco Rabanne
    Magnetism by Escada

    Edit: Oops, I see you've made your choice with Kouros Body and Lolita Lempicka. I find those kind of strong and annoying, but if you're out of time, go for it. A lot of peeps like those. When you get back from vacation you can sample the others I guess
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 17th September 2009 at 05:26 AM.
    Sales thread here

  38. #38

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Memoire d'Homme by Nina Ricci, the legendary perfume.
    Currently listening to: Counting Crows - Mr. Jones, The Last Waltz - Old Boy, The Prodigy - Firestarter, Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood, R.E.M - Losing My Religion, "He's On the Beach" - Kirsty MacColl, In-Grid - Tu Es Foutu

  39. #39

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    For what it's worth, I reckon the sexiest fragrance you can wear is the one that YOU like the most. For example, Dior Homme is my all time fav, and if I need a boost in confidence or whatever, I'll always apply it before going out in public. Then because I'm wearing it, it improves my mood and no doubt makes me seem more open to others.

    I haven't had a massive number of female compliments when wearing it (also nobody ever saying they don't like it), but that's because it shouldn't really be obvious anyway to someone looking at you from more than 2ft away. Any female smelling my frag has probably already decided she likes me regardless by how close she is. It's is my girlfriend's fav of all the ones I've used coincidentally but I think that's by association more than anything.

    Basically I'd find one you think is awesome, regardless of any other agenda, and then project the confidence it gives you on to others around you. I would never compromise my clothes, frag or anything else by what seems more sexy to "females".

    BTW: Fellow SuperFuture reader here, of the SuperDenim at least - APC all the way...
    Last edited by philliptasker; 17th September 2009 at 02:44 PM.

  40. #40
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,346

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Quote Originally Posted by YouCanCallMeMo View Post
    Rub your chest liberally with $100 bills.
    Oh Mo ! *LOL*

    Bassnotes, try out some of the scents that have been around a while. There's reason while they are still around !
    Drakkar Noir- sexy ,very sexy - that I love ,strong though.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 17th September 2009 at 02:51 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  41. #41

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    Quote Originally Posted by philliptasker View Post
    For what it's worth, I reckon the sexiest fragrance you can wear is the one that YOU like the most. For example, Dior Homme is my all time fav, and if I need a boost in confidence or whatever, I'll always apply it before going out in public. Then because I'm wearing it, it improves my mood and no doubt makes me seem more open to others.
    Now you're talking! This is SO true. It's the man, not the scent.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  42. #42

    Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

    It occurs to me that the only scents that make me turn my head in a crowd and ask myself, "Hey, who smelled like that?" are fairly dry, sober incense scents like Serge Noire or Kyoto. (Not that I hunt the guy down to ask what they are; it's just that what I smell on these occasions reminds me of those scents.)

    I think this is because they smell good, they smell like the man is wearing his scent because _he_ likes it, they smell like an adult, and they don't say, "I want sex." In fact, they don't "say" anything, and that's good. I think that I don't find it particularly attractive for a man to use his scent to communicate or even to impose on my airspace.

    Crayfish
    Last edited by Crayfish; 17th September 2009 at 05:02 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Are you drawn towards Vintage scents...
    By jenson in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 30th October 2011, 11:02 AM
  2. An very capricious way of classifying scents...
    By Pollux in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 25th April 2009, 04:42 PM
  3. mega-compilation of mini-reviews
    By Leifer in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 17th January 2008, 08:01 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17th August 2007, 06:39 PM
  5. What male scents drive you wild--on you?
    By Mario Justiniani in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 7th November 2006, 08:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •