Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Re: Scents that drive her wild

Younger women, in my experience, tend to like either 'sweet' or 'fresh' fragrances. I dont think you could go far wrong with something like Lolita Lempicka au Masculin (sweet - smells like 'dusty' licorice & vanilla), Body Kouros (sweet but a bit 'fresher' than Lolita) or Polo Blue (fresh aquatic & cucumber - used to get alot of complements with this 'back in the day') with 20-ish year old girls.

My girlfriends personal favorite is Joop! Nightflight, but thats not because of the fragrance itself but the memories associated with it, as it was the only fragrance I wore the first few months we were dating.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by Partagas View Post
    Here is my two cents on the topic...If you are an a**hole it does not matter what you wear you will still be an a**hole.
    That is another chapter in and of itself. What about the fact that some women like "bad boys" and from my experiance it seems that the women who I act cocky and self centered and basically don't treat as well as others I hook up with more and the women who I am sincerly nice to usually end up being just friends. With that being said to the original poster I think you have a good grasp on this topic and I am sure of your list the one you choose will get you compliments.

My two cents on this - Bassnotes, whatever fragrance makes you feel confident and alive and sexy will have a positive effect on the impression you make on women. The "she" in question doesn't even need to be able to smell it on you (at least until you're locked in an embrace); but then I favor the "close sillage/low projection" school of fragrance wearing.

Blog Entries

Questions like this come up so often that I put all my ideas into a blog post a couple of weeks ago.

Guys, I appreciate all the advice. I have a good idea of precisely what I want now. Out of the colognes I tried on my list, Kourous Body and Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin are the ones I decided to get. These are exactly what I'm looking for (read: the only ones I can afford). They're quite inexpensive on ebay. I think they're under $20 each!

I expected a lot from GIT but I actually didn't like it that much. It smells like... well, an Irishman. It is quite distinct from the rest of my selection though. And I like that it's a little more musky than sweet. Another one I enjoyed was A*men. But it did remind me of this chocolate scented candle that my friend would always light in her apartment.

@Aznavour: Great to see a fellow SuFuer here. We're everywhere! Because we're the people who do your laundry and cook your food and serve your dinner. We make your bed. We guard you while you're asleep. We drive the ambulances. We direct your call. We are cooks and taxi drivers and we know everything about you.

@Anthony87: Who said anything about younger women?

I think that there is a presupposition that men and women tend to like different fragrances, that men are partial to a certain type while women prefer a different. Maybe this thread would not have turned to where it did had that been discussed?

For what its worth, Prada Amber had a lovely women kissing my arm. I guess she liked it.

I think that although the fragrance might not make the man, it can definitely enhance his presence and vibe...

So I suggest you go out and try Aqua di Gio by Armani for the daytime and Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier for the night time.

I have never met a woman who doesn't like these two fragrances. You might notice a lot of people wear Aqua di Gio and Le Male, but that's because they're great ones, albeit somehow not very appreciated here on BN because they're a little too "mainstream."

Other frags that get good responses from women:

Prada Amber pour Homme
    Black XS by Paco Rabanne
    Magnetism by Escada

Edit: Oops, I see you've made your choice with Kouros Body and Lolita Lempicka. I find those kind of strong and annoying, but if you're out of time, go for it. A lot of peeps like those. When you get back from vacation you can sample the others I guess
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 17th September 2009 at 05:26 AM.
    Sales thread here

Memoire d'Homme by Nina Ricci, the legendary perfume.
    Currently listening to: Counting Crows - Mr. Jones, The Last Waltz - Old Boy, The Prodigy - Firestarter, Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood, R.E.M - Losing My Religion, "He's On the Beach" - Kirsty MacColl, In-Grid - Tu Es Foutu

For what it's worth, I reckon the sexiest fragrance you can wear is the one that YOU like the most. For example, Dior Homme is my all time fav, and if I need a boost in confidence or whatever, I'll always apply it before going out in public. Then because I'm wearing it, it improves my mood and no doubt makes me seem more open to others.

I haven't had a massive number of female compliments when wearing it (also nobody ever saying they don't like it), but that's because it shouldn't really be obvious anyway to someone looking at you from more than 2ft away. Any female smelling my frag has probably already decided she likes me regardless by how close she is. It's is my girlfriend's fav of all the ones I've used coincidentally but I think that's by association more than anything.

Basically I'd find one you think is awesome, regardless of any other agenda, and then project the confidence it gives you on to others around you. I would never compromise my clothes, frag or anything else by what seems more sexy to "females".

BTW: Fellow SuperFuture reader here, of the SuperDenim at least - APC all the way...
    Last edited by philliptasker; 17th September 2009 at 02:44 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by YouCanCallMeMo View Post
    Rub your chest liberally with $100 bills.
    Oh Mo ! *LOL*

Bassnotes, try out some of the scents that have been around a while. There's reason while they are still around !
    Drakkar Noir- sexy ,very sexy - that I love ,strong though.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 17th September 2009 at 02:51 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by philliptasker View Post
    For what it's worth, I reckon the sexiest fragrance you can wear is the one that YOU like the most. For example, Dior Homme is my all time fav, and if I need a boost in confidence or whatever, I'll always apply it before going out in public. Then because I'm wearing it, it improves my mood and no doubt makes me seem more open to others.
    Now you're talking! This is SO true. It's the man, not the scent.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

It occurs to me that the only scents that make me turn my head in a crowd and ask myself, "Hey, who smelled like that?" are fairly dry, sober incense scents like Serge Noire or Kyoto. (Not that I hunt the guy down to ask what they are; it's just that what I smell on these occasions reminds me of those scents.)

I think this is because they smell good, they smell like the man is wearing his scent because _he_ likes it, they smell like an adult, and they don't say, "I want sex." In fact, they don't "say" anything, and that's good. I think that I don't find it particularly attractive for a man to use his scent to communicate or even to impose on my airspace.

Crayfish
    Last edited by Crayfish; 17th September 2009 at 05:02 PM.