Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Pipe tobacco frag? (Not Tobacco Vanille!)

Hi all, wondering if you had any ideas about finding a pipe tobacco fragrance. My BF carries around pipe tobacco in his jacket and it smells wonderful. I'd like him to smell of it without the jacket on! It's Black Cavendish tobacco, a rich, slightly vanilla-y blend. I know Tobacco Vanille would be the obvious choice, but a) it's overpriced, and b) I find Tom Ford kind of annoying. It would be nice if there was a little smoke in it as well, like the smell of a pipe. Anyone tried the Demeters? (Pipe Tobacco, Whiskey Tobacco, and This Is Not a Pipe.)

It seems like a lot of things have tobacco in the list of notes but aren't very tobacco-ish, I guess because smoking is so unacceptable these days!

Default Re: Pipe tobacco frag? (Not Tobacco Vanille!)

Hmmm. CB I Hate Perfume's website has GreenBriar 1968, which is described as including a pipe tobacco note, and also has a straight Pipe Tobacco accord.

Crayish

Micheal Kors - Michael For Men...

SMN - Tobacco Toscano

Another pricey choice is Back to Black. An absolute stunner.

Regards,
    Steve

Not sure if this is quite what you're looking for, but...

Demeter Pipe Tobacco

I'm enjoying MCM Success today, but it has a lot of tobacco and no vanilla.

Tobacco Vanille is definitely worth trying, especially as you're in a city where it's available to smell.

Very Valentino Pour Homme is an other option.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Burberry London?

Give Fumerie Turque by Serge Lutens a shot... not a ton cheaper than Tobacco Vanille though. It has more of the smoke part you mentioned, as well as some animalic notes intertwined.

Incidentally, I just bought TV today at the outlet mall for $50 under retail (if it's mostly cost that's prohibiting trying it)
    Last edited by jrd4t; 15th September 2009 at 02:05 AM.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Give Fumerie Turque by Serge Lutens... not a ton cheaper than Tobacco Vanille though. It has more the smoke part you mentioned, as well as some animalic notes intertwined.

Incidentally, I just bought TV today at the outlet mall for $50 under retail (if it's mostly cost that's prohibiting trying it)
    Wait, what outlet? A Tom Ford outlet?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Tabac by Abdes Salaam Attar Profumo at ilprofumo.it

or

Bell'Antonio by Hilde Soliani Profumi

problem is neither of these is much less expensive. Both are excellent tobacco scents though. Bell'Antonio is $175 at Luckyscent and Tabac can only be ordered direct from the showroom in Italy and a bottle runs around $140US.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 14th September 2009 at 11:09 PM.

Caron's Aimez Moi has a honeyed pipe tobacco accord.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Wait, what outlet? A Tom Ford outlet?

Nope, no such luck, unfortunately! It's the Cosmetics Company Store for Lancome at the Premium Outlets here... they have the whole line for $132. They have the roller sample set as well, the rest of the Tom Ford goodies (Black Orchid whole line, White Patchouli, etc), plus all kinds of other things. If you happen to be in Orlando and go there, there are two of the same store in the mall and only one has them (the one near Banana Republic, not the one near the parking garage).
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by discovolante View Post
    Very Valentino Pour Homme is an other option.
    I concur here.

Bogart Pour Homme has the vanilla, but it's very strong. I suggest diluting it with vodka (if you don't have perfumer's alcohol around). That is probably the closest to what you asked for that I've tried. However, I think Michael for Men is a much better fragrance, though you won't get the vanilla.

For pure pipe tobacco, I would highly recommend CB I Hate Perfume's Smoky Tobacco which is now available in a water perfume. (I believe this is the second scent that Crayfish refers to above). One of the best tobacco scents period, and better longevity than many of this line.

CB also makes a Rich Tobacco accord which seems to me to have a bit of chocolate in the mix.

Easy, Bogart PH, cherry pipe tobacco at it's best.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Give Fumerie Turque by Serge Lutens a shot... not a ton cheaper than Tobacco Vanille though. It has more of the smoke part you mentioned, as well as some animalic notes intertwined.

Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    I concur here.
    Make that three. Demeter has the pipe tobacco fragrance, which has already been mentioned (I have their room spray and find it to be pretty good).

Might also want to try Sonoma Valley Scent Studio to see if they still have a rendition of Tabac Extreme, which was along the lines of cherry pipe tobacco.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Crayfish View Post
    Hmmm. CB I Hate Perfume's website has GreenBriar 1968, which is described as including a pipe tobacco note, and also has a straight Pipe Tobacco accord.

Crayish
    I don't think you will like Greenbriar 1968. Yes, it has a small facet of something tobacco oriented, but the scent is so much more about the smell of an old shed, I got very little of a 'pipe tobacco' vibe from that scent.

If I were you, I would stick with the Demeter suggestions from above.

One more thing: The only time I have EVER had anyone think that I was smoking a pipe, when they got a whiff of my SOTD, was when I was wearing Spiriteuse Double Vanille. I think for the wearer, personally, I get a very gourmand, vanilla aura from SDV, but the sillage sure does smell like pipe tobacco to others. Of course, this is NOT a cheap or easy-to-source option. Still, I felt like I need to at least mention it.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I'd definitely go for Fumerie Turque from Serge Lutens as has been mentioned. If your man shows some keen interest in your perfume samplings, have a go at Serge Lutens' Chergui. It's quite lovely, has a sweet smoky tobacco heart that lasts for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by sjas1962 View Post
    Another pricey choice is Back to Black. An absolute stunner.
    I completely agree. I've been playing with it eversince a kind BNer sent me a sample -- and a stunner it is. This is the first Killian scent to impress me and probably worth the steep asking price (for me).

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    One more thing: The only time I have EVER had anyone think that I was smoking a pipe, when they got a whiff of my SOTD, was when I was wearing Spiriteuse Double Vanille. I think for the wearer, personally, I get a very gourmand, vanilla aura from SDV, but the sillage sure does smell like pipe tobacco to others. Of course, this is NOT a cheap or easy-to-source option. Still, I felt like I need to at least mention it.
    Agreed, again.

I also think that dabbing, instead of spraying SdV, accentuates the tobbaco like aura to all new levels. It also has a reverse effect then, I get strong whiffs of rum soaked vanilla tempered tobacco when I smell it up close, and the sillage from a distance is devoid of any major impact of tobacco.

I speak from experience as I _always_ prefer to dab my SdV, rather than spray.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I don't think you will like Greenbriar 1968. Yes, it has a small facet of something tobacco oriented, but the scent is so much more about the smell of an old shed, I got very little of a 'pipe tobacco' vibe from that scent.
    I remember it smelling bitter and woody - no tobacco or vanilla to my nose.

Dependent

It's the Cosmetics Company Store for Lancome at the Premium Outlets here... they have the whole line for $132.
    That is a good deal!

I second Very Valentino

i Profumi di Firenze - Tabacco

Vanilaville by Liz Zorn

This is natural perfumery , especially if you put in clothes
    after 30 mins the tobacco note is very nice

http://www.soivohle.com/n.vanillaville.html

And the Layer of

Le Labo Patchouly 24 with ( frapin 1270, SMN tobaco toscano , ...etc )
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron01 View Post
    Not sure if this is quite what you're looking for, but...

Demeter Pipe Tobacco

How is the longevity on the Demeter? I am always worried when it comes to his scents.

AromiErotici

I reach for Zino when I want this.

Odori Tobacco seems like exactly what you describe, but it's a pricey one.
    Blend of tobacco and vanilla.

I wore SDV the other day when a friend of mine came over. He sniffed the air and said "Hey, so you finally found that sheesha I left here a few weeks ago - I can smell it, now where is it?" I told him I actually hadn't found the sheesha, but I let him smell my wrist and he was like whoa, that's good what is it? (The sheesha he was referring to smells like vanillic cherry tobacco).
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 15th September 2009 at 04:56 PM.
    Sales thread here

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Have you tried Santa Maria Novella's Toscano?

Nope, no such luck, unfortunately! It's the Cosmetics Company Store for Lancome at the Premium Outlets here... they have the whole line for $132. They have the roller sample set as well, the rest of the Tom Ford goodies (Black Orchid whole line, White Patchouli, etc), plus all kinds of other things. If you happen to be in Orlando and go there, there are two of the same store in the mall and only one has them (the one near Banana Republic, not the one near the parking garage).
    You lucky lucky guy! Pardon the noobish question, but does Lancome own Tom Ford? Why would the Tom Ford line, Private Blends especially, be carried at a Lancome outlet?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Blog Entries

Michael Kors for Men has been showing up at Marshalls and TJ Maxx the last couple of weeks. 75 ml for $20. It's a very nice tobacco with vanilla & something else - mostly unburned.

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll check those out. I've never heard of the Bogart Pour Homme, sounds interesting.

Does anyone know if there's anywhere in Vancouver you can buy Demeter? Just wondering, I know their line is so large that no one place would have every scent. They used to have it at Sears but not any more, I checked. Sephora has a few, but just Dirt, Vintage Naturals and some of their candy line.

I have tried Tobacco Vanille and I like it but that Tom Ford for Men ad campaign was kind of a turn-off for me! But I might look out for a decant. And the Michael Kors for Men sounds nice, I liked the Michael Kors for Women which surprised me, what with it being a sweet fruity floral.

Cool Re: Pipe tobacco frag? (Not Tobacco Vanille!)

Having tried Tobacco Vanille, I can understand why the OP did not want it. Sorry to all who love it but for me it's a B minus. Overpriced and underdone.

I needed to revive this thread and ask:

HAS ANYONE HERE ACTUALLY SMOKED PIPE TOBACCO?

Some of the recommendations are odd.

I've tried Back to Black and have to concur with Marcelle in the review section of the forums, as being girly, sweet, and powdery. I suppose it might be sexy as all hell on the right woman. Better make that a stunningly beautiful woman . . .it's not pipe tobacco and it's not worthy of going into poetic raptures over it.

Fumerie Turque is one of the few Lutens I like though not quite bottleworthy. I think it's superior to the 'cozy' (?) Chergui and the rest of his overly sweet fruitcake scents. but it's not pipe tobacco. B-

Michael Kors is another B-scent, though cheaper (and better made!) More popular, and heavier on patchouli/suede, but---Pipe Tobacco? I don't think so, even though it's listed as a middle note. I get more patchouli . The resemblance to the smell of unsmoked dark pipe tobacco is there, but it's minimal.

I'm indebted to Sommerville Metro Man for recommending Sonoma Scent Studio's Tabac Aurea, a very fine rendition of tobacco leaves being cured by the sun. Now THAT was an A+ scent.

But it ain't pipe tobacco.

*sigh*

Help, anyone?

Pax

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 17th January 2010 at 04:51 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

The cherry-vanilla pipe tobacco accord in Spiriteuese Double Vanille is my favorite. This fragrance gives off tons and tons of pipe tobacco; at least it's prominent for those of us who recognize it, yet many others claim not to smell any tobacco in it. Anosmia? Strange.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Splits: O'driu, La Via del Profumo/AbdesSalaam Attar, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

To satisfy my occasional tobacco cravings, I reach for a bottle of Alt Innsbruck. See below

http://www.manufactum.co.uk/Produkt/...ftershave.html
    Last edited by Bartlebooth; 17th January 2010 at 12:36 PM.

Since I consider Ralph Lauren Purple Label as an inproved Very Valentino,here it goes...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Quote Originally Posted by Inselaffe View Post
    To satisfy my occasional tobacco cravings, I reach for a bottle of Alt Innsbruck. See below

http://www.manufactum.co.uk/Produkt/...ftershave.html
    ^Does it smell of Tobacco Leaves like Tabarome, or like sweetened, cured Pipe Tobacco ?
    From previous opinions, I assumed it smelled of menthol and dried Tobacco Leaves.

And regardless of which profile it is, what is the best source for us USA basenoters to get some Alt innsbruck?
    Can I trade samples with anyone for Alt-Innsbruck?
    PM me

I'm in agreement with the OP that TFTV is way overpriced, and I'm with Mario that it's underdone, imo too sweet/syrupy not quite enough of that dry/pipe-tobacco note, I even think it's too transparent in texture (although I don't want it to become powdery like Chergui to become opaque) but TFTV is still the closest I've come to a suitable Pipe Tobacco frag, and in it's current state, is a wonderful masculine gourmand.

Very valentino is ok, but I think you must also like the musk base of Himalaya, and maybe a little civet like Bois De Santal, to like Very Valentino. It's very quiet, and classy, but has that musk/civet I don't like.

Michael Kors had some very good notes, but also had a rotten fruit note (not a dried fruit note) that I disliked alot. And like others said, the suede/patchouli/booze, is alot more prominent than pipe tobacco.

Bogart Pour Homme is much better than it's price point indicates, and does have a very smooth and muted "80's synth oakmoss" powerhouse-type texture, while itself not smelling like oakmoss or smelling like a dated powerhouse. Instead, it has a never-too-sweet cherry pipe tobacco scent, but it also sometimes smells like that artificial Maraschino-cherry bathroom cleaner/air freshener I smell in Greek restaurants all the time. It's sort of the best case Scenario crossroads of Kouros/huge 80's oakmoss-powerhouse/cherry pipe tobacco. And again, it doesn't really smell especially dated. but it still doesn't ring the Pipe Tobacco bell for me.

I'll try the demeter, but please everyone recommending these super-sweet/boozy gourmands in the lutens and SDV realm, with only a complimentary helping of pipe tobacco, less so even than TFTV, please do not downplay if it is as sweet or sweeter than others listed. Thank you.

We will find the scent BN. Or i will make it LOL

Quote Originally Posted by discovolante View Post
    Since I consider Ralph Lauren Purple Label as an inproved Very Valentino,here it goes...
    I always considered it derivative Maitres Tailleurs. I suspect Ralph fell in love with that Maitre bottle. And I don't get pipe Tobacco in Purple label or Maitres Tailleurs. Just dry/bitter/classy combo of greens/berries/herbals/blossoms/light-wood

I've never tried them but The Gentlemen's Quarter has a Cavendish Black Extrait.

http://www.thegentlemensquarter.com/...p?cid=5&pid=67

Alt Innsbruck is a simple barbershop treatment, menthol based and very effective. Though not complex, the tobacco is wonderful and quite long lasting.

I believe it can be purchased in the US from Superlather.com
    Last edited by Bartlebooth; 17th January 2010 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaSa View Post
    i Profumi di Firenze - Tabacco
    +1. A wonderful tobacco fragrance, sligthly sweet but not that much.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    I needed to revive this thread and ask:

HAS ANYONE HERE ACTUALLY SMOKED PIPE TOBACCO?

Some of the recommendations are odd.

I've tried Back to Black and have to concur with Marcelle in the review section of the forums, as being girly, sweet, and powdery. I suppose it might be sexy as all hell on the right woman. Better make that a stunningly beautiful woman . . .it's not pipe tobacco and it's not worthy of going into poetic raptures over it.

Fumerie Turque is one of the few Lutens I like though not quite bottleworthy. I think it's superior to the 'cozy' (?) Chergui and the rest of his overly sweet fruitcake scents. but it's not pipe tobacco. B-

Michael Kors is another B-scent, though cheaper (and better made!) More popular, and heavier on patchouli/suede, but---Pipe Tobacco? I don't think so, even though it's listed as a middle note. I get more patchouli . The resemblance to the smell of unsmoked dark pipe tobacco is there, but it's minimal.

I'm indebted to Sommerville Metro Man for recommending Sonoma Scent Studio's Tabac Aurea, a very fine rendition of tobacco leaves being cured by the sun. Now THAT was an A+ scent.

But it ain't pipe tobacco.

*sigh*

Help, anyone?

Pax

Mario
    I don't but I know a few guys who does. But is this about smoked or unsmoked pipe tobacco? I think a distinction needs to be made as they smell quite different. But I agree, Sonoma Scent Studio's TABAC AUREA is a helluva take on the unsmoked blond tobacco, likely to find its way into my wardrobe this year.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 17th January 2010 at 07:07 PM.

Good point Mario. I do agree with your comments. I really don't get the sweet pipe tobacco from alot of the fragrances that have been mentioned. Tobacco is a tricky thing. Everytime I try to search for a pipe tobacco fragrance, I am dissapointed. I may very well have to just start smoking a pipe myself.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Cool Re: Pipe tobacco frag? (Not Tobacco Vanille!)

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Good point Mario. I do agree with your comments. I really don't get the sweet pipe tobacco from alot of the fragrances that have been mentioned. Tobacco is a tricky thing. Everytime I try to search for a pipe tobacco fragrance, I am dissapointed. I may very well have to just start smoking a pipe myself.
    Perhaps it's been mentioned and we've missed it. Who knows?
    If we were Japanese in the 19th century or earlier it would be easy.
    We would carry a satchel of pipe tobacco around our necks or inside the folds of our kimonos.

I really have to look up those reviews of the ones I haven't tried, get a decant if it sounds promising, etc.

Or as DULLAH wrote: " I'll try the demeter, but please everyone recommending these super-sweet/boozy gourmands in the lutens and SDV realm, with only a complimentary helping of pipe tobacco, less so even than TFTV, please do not downplay if it is as sweet or sweeter than others listed. Thank you.

We will find the scent BN. Or i will make it LOL "

Then we could spray it in the folds of our handkerchiefs a la 4711

Still dazed and confused, but grateful for all the suggestions.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Aramis has Mustang! A smooth, somewhat gentle, pipe tobacco on the cheap! Can be found at most drugstores! IMO it smells more expensive than it is!

Basenotes Institution

...Some of the recommendations are odd.

I've tried Back to Black and have to concur with Marcelle in the review section of the forums, as being girly, sweet, and powdery. I suppose it might be sexy as all hell on the right woman. Better make that a stunningly beautiful woman . . .it's not pipe tobacco and it's not worthy of going into poetic raptures over it...
    I totally agree. Back to Black smells very sweet, very powdery and almost retro in it's use of feminine oriental accords (Shalimar, Emaraude, etc) - miles away from what I associate with pipe tobacco.

While basically a cigar smoker, I also smoked a pipe for many years - tobaccos like Half and Half, Captain Black, Borkum Riff, Country Doctor.

I find that Versace Dreamer, ONLY after the top notes wear off, smells like pipe tobacco. A friend also said this when I wore it and I had never mentioned that to him.

Perhaps it's been mentioned and we've missed it. Who knows?
    If we were Japanese in the 19th century or earlier it would be easy.We would carry a satchel of pipe tobacco around our necks or inside the folds of our kimonos.
    Yes, Mario, and the scent of tobacco would be with us. I doubt, however, that the Japanese scented/flavoured their tobacco with vanilla!

http://www.asianartmall.com/Merchant...egory_Code=TNS

I think most tobacco scents are touched with vanilla because it is so often used for scent and flavour.

I have tried Odori's Tobacco, but it is quite pricey, so I second LA's suggestion.
    Last edited by Primrose; 18th January 2010 at 10:16 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Yes, [B]I have tried Odori's Tobacco, but it is quite pricey, so I second LA's suggestion.
    Thank you Primrose.

My sense is Odori is pricey, new and gets very little love in here. Tabacco was given four stars by Turin whose review had him marveling at the coincidence that someone was smoking a pipe nearby while he was test wearing it, He then realized there was no pipe- it was him. Odori is a new name they came up with for a line of men's scents launched recently. The mother company is Profumo di Firenze, which is the house Turin credits it to in his latest guide.

It seems tailor made for OPs quest, but it's $$$.

I have it. I love it. It's one of my five star frags. It was worth the bucks to me.

Vanilla and tobacco dominate (no "smoke" notes). It's like sticking your nose in a pipe tobacco pouch. Always feels to me like bourbon and cigars...
    Last edited by StylinLA; 18th January 2010 at 11:47 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Thank you Primrose.

My sense is Odori is pricey, new and gets very little love in here. Tabacco was given four stars by Turin whose review had him marveling at the coincidence that someone was smoking a pipe nearby while he was test wearing it, He then realized there was no pipe- it was him. Odori is a new name they came up with for a line of men's scents launched recently. The mother company is Profumo di Firenze, which is the house Turin credits it to in his latest guide.

It seems tailor made for OPs quest, but it's $$$.

I have it. I love it. It's one of my five star frags. It was worth the bucks to me.

Vanilla and tobacco dominate (no "smoke" notes). It's like sticking your nose in a pipe tobacco pouch. Always feels to me like bourbon and cigars...
    Sounds delicious. I had sampled it once, but it was one of those teensy 1ml samples and I honestly can't remember what it was like. Thanks for reminding me about this one. It sounds less sweet than the other BN tobacco/vanilla favorites. Is it?

Uhhh...haven't tried enough others to say. Got all fired up on it and wore it today.

A bit honeyed, vanilla. Tobacco definitely present. More sweet than not.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 19th January 2010 at 03:49 AM.

How would you compare it to TFTV, in terms of sweetness, prominence of "unsmoked pipe tobacco", spiciness, and overall warmth and charm?

Same question for anyone who has tried them both.
    And has anyone else besides the_good_life tried Vento Canale?

I think I gave Tom Ford a cursory sniff DULLAH, but not enough memory to make a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Thank you Primrose.

A correction: Odori is a line launched by the creator of BOIS 1920. It has nothing to do with I Profumi di Firenze. The review is for the latter's Tabacco and has nothing to do with Odori's product.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    How would you compare it to TFTV, in terms of sweetness, prominence of "unsmoked pipe tobacco", spiciness, and overall warmth and charm?

Same question for anyone who has tried them both.
    And has anyone else besides the_good_life tried Vento Canale?
    As to Vento Canale: I believe it is discontinued, though The Different Scent supposedly still sell it in their store, though not online (according to their website). It's totally distinct from Alt-Innsbruck, which is straight tobacco and menthol, as mentioned (and whgich everybody should own a bottle of). Vento Canale wasn't even sold as a tobacco fragrance proper (thus the name). I haven't sniffed it in a whilew and my nose is clogged right now, but it is sweet and gourmandy, like flavored pipe tobacco (raspberry notes), though in no way gooey - and less synthetic smelling to me than the somewhat comparable, but overpowering, Bogart pour homme. I have not tried Tom Ford.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.