Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New EDTs at Marks & Spencer (UK)

I'm a bit hesitant about posting this, as it seems terribly low brow, but I'm intrigued what you all think of the new "In Bloom" EDTs at M&S.

Here's the press release about them. There's Lime Blossom & Bergamot; Honeysuckle & Jasmine; Rose & Amber; and Orchid & Vanilla.

I tried the Rose & Amber and the Orchid & Vanilla on cards, and the O&V smells really similar to Lancôme Hypnose to me. The Rose & Amber was very nice from what I remember.

I realise they're very much "inspired by" Jo Malone, but from what I recall, they didn't smell much like any JM fragrances I have tried. Anyway, I just wondered what you all think?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New EDTs at Marks & Spencer (UK)

Hi Pip

"Terribly low brow" no object to me, though I have to say the Autograph range - Blush, New York etc - I thought quite synthetic and not very nice, on a par with those new SJP ones (Twilight, Endless etc).

If these are even remotely derivative of Jo Malone though, I would definitely give them a sniff - if they ever come to my low category store, that is... We are mostly men's socks and underpants, and the odd gastropub ready meal.
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 15th September 2009 at 09:11 AM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I'm lucky enough to be near quite a large one to pop into on my way home from work occasionally. I want to go back & try the Honeysuckle & Jasmine on skin, mainly because I adore Jasmine, but it feels like the wrong time of year now.

Slightly O/T, but I also recommend the milk chocolate with cardamom if you do go in searching!

Post Thanks / Like

They sound a bit like the Bath and Body Works line here in the US...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I shall try them the next time I'm at a store that carries them. The Lime Blossom and Bergamot sounds curiously out of season, though that could just be me.

Hats off to Marks and Sparks for the cruelty-free policy. Bath and Body Works still test on animals. (They state "finished product" not tested on animals. That means they did not lather the bunny with the handsoap, but stuck the *ingredients* in his eyes...)

I have even worn smell-alikes, so I am not a perfume snob.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I like the M&S talc's very fresh. I haven't tried these new scents but I will, as they sound ok and look good.

Low Brow? Honestly. This American makes it a point to visit ol' Marks n Sparks every time I'm in the UK. (OK, I go to the Regent Street Liberty first, where I drool over the needlework and fabric floor. But, then I go to M&S for undies and other needful things.) My faux Barbour coat is an M&S own-label!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Hats off to Marks and Sparks for the cruelty-free policy. Bath and Body Works still test on animals. (They state "finished product" not tested on animals. That means they did not lather the bunny with the handsoap, but stuck the *ingredients* in his eyes...)

I have even worn smell-alikes, so I am not a perfume snob.
    Well I shall not be buying from B& B W ever then . I did not know that they testeed on animals , Primrose ! Thank you for the alert.
    I like M & S- I don't mind saying my undies are from M & S - when I go back to the UK, I stock up on M & S underwear. I also like their Per Una line .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Well I shall not be buying from B& B W ever then . I did not know that they testeed on animals , Primrose ! Thank you for the alert.
    Adding my thanks as well for the alert. I didn't know that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    ... We are mostly men's socks and underpants, and the odd gastropub ready meal.
    .....ah, a proper M&S. My favourite type....
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Bumping this, because I tried the Rose & Amber on skin today. I fell instantly in love, and spent a good few minutes figuring out what it smells like. And it is ridiculously close to L'ombre dans l'eau. Basically none of the green part, but everything else, to my untrained nose that is.

The Lime Blossom one I also tried, and it's nice, but slightly nothingy.

Post Thanks / Like

I like M&S stuff. It's not ground-breaking, but the quality isn't bad, and it's cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll look out for the Rose & Amber one particularly next time I am in a larger store!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/