Code of Conduct

Question Advice on Lip Care Products (for Men)

Hi there! I need some advice on lip care products. I'm looking for some recommendations on good quality lip products which help moisturize and protect lips, plump them, and also give them a nice sutble shine.

I had a friend who used to have the most amazing lip plumper, it had that pleasant tingling sensation upon application, you really knew it was "there" but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. I think this may be it from Lancome.

Anyways let me know what has worked best for you, I have heard good things about MAC Cosmetics as well. Let me know what you think. Thanks :wave:

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Advice on Lip Care Products (for Men)

I have not use MAC products so I can't comment.
    I have a good one from Dior- it's clear- leaves a nice shine and it's tingly too. It does seems to plump the lips quite well, temporarily anyway. It's called Lip Maximizer Collagen Activ . I like it a lot. It's like applying lip gloss I guess- it's in the same kind of tube.

Out of interest .....I found this website for men's grooming etc. They have this lip treatment - The AM & PM lip and mouth Repair Serum-Therapy contains Essence of menthol, Aloe & Gotu Kola extract, Cucumber pulp & Oil extract, Witch Hazel Oil and Botanical phyto-collagen. This highly concentrated serum replenishes loss of moisture in lip & mouth area by hydrating and plumping the dry crevasses caused by dryness.

www.kenmen.net - the picture of the lip treatment product above and the info is from the website . Hope I helped a little !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 29th September 2009 at 06:56 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

La Mer Lip Balm is a good one.

Thanks for the recs Mysticknot and Tariq - I will definitely look into them.

I would recommend Clarins Men and L'Occitane.

Allure magazine recommends Fresh's sugar lip treatment... the original is colorless and las spring they released a very light pink tinted one. I have used the lip treatment for about 3 years now, and i LOVE it. LOVE IT. SPF 15, very moisturizing, and it uses blackberry leaf extract to plump without any tingling or burning... that's what kept me off of lip plumpers. I never go anywhere without it.