Code of Conduct

Thread: Robert Piguet

Default Robert Piguet

Do you like Robert Piguet perfumes? Which one is your favorite? I think that they are very good scents, but rather rarely mentioned here.
    Fracas parfum (not edp) to my nose is the best tuberose ever.
    I have Bandit in edp, but I wish I had parfum. Dark brooding leathery chypre.
    Visa and Baghari were created by Aurelian Guichard and I think she is talented perfumer. Visa is a very nice gourmand scent. It could be alternative to Angel and Coco Mademoiselle. Baghari - a bit soapy-citrusy aldehydic chypre.
    Last edited by DreamerII; 15th September 2009 at 07:16 PM.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Default Re: Robert Piguet

I like Bandit quite a bit but have yet to pick up a bottle. This is another case where I really need to investigate the concentrations a little bit further. I have a sample of Baghari and really need to give that a shot in the near future.....

Sur la Plage

I think Bandit EDT is the best Piguet fragrance.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I've only worn Bandit and Fracas on skin. Bandit I'm so-so on, but Fracas I adore - really the first "great" tuberose, in my opinion. Baghari smelled quite nice on a testing trip; I'll have to revisit it.

Fracas is a great scent.

Love Bandit. It's definitely in the running for favorite chypre. Would love to have some more experience with Fracas, although I haven't been completely converted to tuberose soliflores yet.

Basenotes Institution

My fave is Fracas- I love both EDP and Parfum - they are not very alike IMHO but stil both are beautiful.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 15th September 2009 at 09:26 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Institution

The only scent by them I have enjoyed is Bandit. However, I've never committed to buying a full bottle of it. I think this is due to having learned here on BN and elsewhere, that 'vintage' Bandit is so much better than the regular juice and I still haven't been able to acquire any vintage juice. Silly, I know, but hey I'm patient and I'll wait.
    Selling used bottles of vintage Heritage Eau de Parfum (Guerlain), Anima Dulcis (Arquiste), Noel au Balcon (ELDO), Santal de Mysore (Serge Lutens), Aedes de Vensutas (L'Artisan) and more, click HERE

Basenotes Institution

I have heard so many scary things about Bandit being stinky ... I am actually afraid to try it.

Off-Scenter

Bandit EdP, even in it's newest incarnation, is one of the most interesting leather scents I know, and I'd suggest that anybody with a serious interest in fragrance wear it at least once. You may not like it, but you should probably know what it smells like!

Fracas is probably just as important a scent, but I do not enjoy it as much as Bandit, or as much as some other tuberose fragrances, for that matter. In the end, I just find Fracas too heady and intrusive.

Baghari is an underrated wonder - a beautiful floral/citrus chypre of tremendous depth and character. This above all Piguet scents, I feel, deserves more attention and discussion.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    I have heard so many scary things about Bandit being stinky ... I am actually afraid to try it.
    Nothing to be scared of. Reminded me of Cabochard, Tabac Blond...you know a leather chypre. Perhaps with a more strident leather note (think Knize Ten or a less animalic La Nuit) with a very realistic 'lit cigarette note' hanging on in the background. One of the chypres that wears surprisingly well, also, in warm weather. Once I wore it to the beach and it smelled fantastic. No lie.
    Selling used bottles of vintage Heritage Eau de Parfum (Guerlain), Anima Dulcis (Arquiste), Noel au Balcon (ELDO), Santal de Mysore (Serge Lutens), Aedes de Vensutas (L'Artisan) and more, click HERE

Yea I've gotten the idea around here that Bandit EDT (vintage) is great and the newer formulas are good but not as good!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Nothing to be scared of. Reminded me of Cabochard, Tabac Blond...you know a leather chypre. Perhaps with a more strident leather note (think Knize Ten or a less animalic La Nuit) with a very realistic 'lit cigarette note' hanging on in the background. One of the chypres that wears surprisingly well, also, in warm weather. Once I wore it to the beach and it smelled fantastic. No lie.
    Vibert, Mike ... OK ,I won't be scared anymore because No.1 - I LOVE Tabac Blond to death and No.2 , I love chypre so I will try it. Must be open minded !

I have a bottle of Fracas for Men, I know it's very rare but it's not that bad. it's actually an Eau de Cologne. For some reason they decided to make this fragrance a step child in there line. I don't know why?

I just obtained a vintage bottle of Bandit EDP and it is absolutely extraordinary. Best described as a dark, green leather chypre and definitely not "pretty girl." In the same family as old formulation Tabac Blond but not so busy and raspy. Bandit EDP, the old stuff at least, is smoother and quieter and it absolutely nothing like the EDT.
    Griff

I'm devoted to Bandit in either edt or edp. They're different, but each fantastic.

It looks like I'll be the first to mention Cravache, which I thought wasn't worth five bucks for a bottle when I first wrist-spray tested it, but then, the second time, started to smell fantastic. After a half hour it resembled Annick Goutal's Eau de Monsieur but was more pungent and grasped the territory better.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Thumbs up Re: Robert Piguet

I own and love FRACAS, BANDIT and BAGHARI, both issues, EdP and Parfum (extrait ). FRACAS and BANDIT have been created in the forties, being FRACAS and BANDIT by Germaine Cellier and the reformulations by Aurelien Guichard ( FRACAS ) and Delphine Lebeau ( BANDIT ).
    BAGHARI was created by Francis Fabron in 1951 and VISA by Jean Charles in 1945, and also reformulated by Aurelien Guichard.About FUTUR and CRAVACHE ( launched in 1963 ) have been reformulated also by Aurelien Guichard.
    IMHO all these reformulations are excellent !!
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Fracas and Bandit are must haves for me, I'd instantly repurchase either of them. I could miss Visa though
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

I prefer Bandit edt over the edp. While I have not had the vintage juice edt is very good.