Code of Conduct

Default L'Artisan Parfumeur Mon Numéro

Has anyone heard or smelled L'artisan's Mon Numero collection? I just heard about it from POL, and am very intrigued. They are a collection of eight fragrances located in L'artisan boutiques and are one-offs apparently. They cost $10,000 each, and once sold, can not be made except for the owner; sort of like the exclusive Roja Dove perfumes in Harrods. I have no idea about them, and have no idea of why I haven't heard of them 'till now. So if someone is close to a L'artisan boutique, for goodness sakes, what are you waiting for?!?!!
    EDIT: #2 is supposidly sold out
    Last edited by scent; 16th September 2009 at 03:06 AM.

Default Re: L'Artisan Parfumeur Mon Numéro

You have only heard about them now, because they have only recently been released.

I was actually just mentioning them in some other thread (the "Al Oudh" thread !). Someone there was "complaining" of L'Artisan's constant habit of "trend snatching" and "bandwagon jumping", after the fact.

And I noted that "Mon Parfums" black lacquered coffrets, which the fragrances apparently come housed in, is of course very similar to Kilian's concept, also black lacquered coffrets.
    Then they are also offering the option of having the bottles engraved with a choice of your own design. Which of course is also very reminiscent of Serge Lutens engraved special edition bell jars. (Mind you, for that price, having your very own engraved design on the bottle really is the least they could do )

So I was kinda agreeing with this guys (Trebor's) statement ! (I suppose he does kinda have a point !)

Still ... They do sound quite lovely ! ... And I would luv to give them a sniff ! ...
    Not that I will ever be able to, I imagine ! ... Or ever be able to afford one, for that matter ! ...
    Actually even if I could afford one. ... I don't think I'd ever allow myself to spend quite that much money on just a single frag. no matter how exclusive it is !!! ($10,000.00 (if that really is how much they will cost ???) is just a ridiculously overinflated price !)

(But regardless ... There are still quite a good few of their frags I luv. Thankfully I also have no problem with their frag's longevity, which many people have complained about here.)
    Last edited by Sybarite; 16th September 2009 at 03:16 AM.

Heard about them early this summer....they will be so rare that Duchafour's nose will be cut off after they are sold to the public so that such high achieving artistry remains exclusive to the buyer (ok, not really..)
    Last edited by zztopp; 16th September 2009 at 03:11 AM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Heard about them early this summer....they will be so rare that Duchafour's nose will be cut off after they are sold to the public so that such high achieving artistry remains exclusive to the buyer (ok, not really..)
    (LOL) ... Yeah, the nose can be cut up into eight pieces, and you get one small piece with each one, in the coffret with your bottle, as a souvenir ! (Or as proof of utmost "exclusivity" !)
    Last edited by Sybarite; 16th September 2009 at 03:29 AM.

Either those 8, a Porsche Cayman S with spare change to get about 100+ niche full bottles, save a little more to get an Audi R8, or about 650 niche full bottles. The choice is yours.

Where's bottle no.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Where's bottle no.5?
    Probably Duchaufour bought it for himself

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Hey "Scent" how reliable is your source for the $10,000 price tag ??? ...
    For there seems to be a couple different prices "floating" around the web. I've also read a supposed $6,000 ??? ... (Not that that makes much of a difference really ! Surely those who'll be prepared to pay six grand, wouldn't "bat an eyelid" at ten either (LOL))

Apparently from what I've read and been able to gather here and there. ... Sorry guys, but you have already missed out on No5 For apparently I believe that one has already been snapped up !

As for the remainder of the scents , here is a very general idea :

Numero 1 (water green): pear & mimosa

Numero 3 (pearl gray): floral , musky & powdery

Numero 4 (lavender blue): lavendar , leather cuirée

Numero 6 (orange): fruity , spicy, woody & leathery / ozone notes

Numero 7 (fuchsia): tuberose , jasmine & chai tea (Inspired by India )

Numero 8 (khaki green): an elegant vetiver ... (For 6/10 G , you must be "kidding" !? No matter how f*n elegant !)

An ozonic leather accord with fruit and spice ??? ( Well that sounds kinda novel-ish (It sounds about the most interesting. Though those "ozonic notes" usually spell "death" to me ... )

And from the conspicuous absence of No2 from the above list (from their Blogg site) , it's looking like it too might now be somebody's new expensive gift ???

So which one are you prepared to pull that second mortgage on your house for ??? Ha ! (LOL)
    Last edited by Sybarite; 18th September 2009 at 02:53 AM.

Just to chime in here - Mon Numero has been around for some time now... I think they're maybe just doing a heavier marketing push now. I ordered their $7.00 sample set a year ago and they sent a great illustrated product book along with it that had Mon Numero in it (along with a few other cool things, like L'Atelier du Parfum, a 3 hour discovery class they hold, and Le Parfum Rêvé, which seems similar to Mon Numero...). Here's a pic from the book:

I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Just to chime in here - Mon Numero has been around for some time now... I think they're maybe just doing a heavier marketing push now. I ordered their $7.00 sample set a year ago and they sent a great illustrated product book along with it that had Mon Numero in it (along with a few other cool things, like L'Atelier du Parfum, a 3 hour discovery class they hold, and Le Parfum Rêvé, which seems similar to Mon Numero...). Here's a pic from the book:
    Lucky you! Can you give us a brief review of some of the scents you remember?
    Last edited by scent; 19th September 2009 at 05:51 PM.

Oh, I just mean the book had a section for Mon Numero and that it came out a while ago. I haven't smelled any of them, unfortunately!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Oh, I just mean the book had a section for Mon Numero and that it came out a while ago. I haven't smelled any of them, unfortunately!
    Gosh darn it! Well, anyway nice book...

[QUOTE=jrd4t;1621276]Just to chime in here - Mon Numero has been around for some time now... I think they're maybe just doing a heavier marketing push now. I ordered their $7.00 sample set a year ago and they sent a great illustrated product book along with it that had Mon Numero in it (along with a few other cool things, like L'Atelier du Parfum, a 3 hour discovery class they hold, and Le Parfum Rêvé, which seems similar to Mon Numero...). Here's a pic from the book:

The L'Artisan stores "this side of the shores" do not offer us the choice of getting a sample set . (Believe me I have begged them many a time !).. Yet another reason to be jealous of what you guys can get your hands on over there in the US. You lucky b**gers, with all your many sampling choices !
    I also ordered one of their catalogues about a year ago too. Though I had to pay them a few quid to have it mailed out to me. And did not even receive one lousy sample with it ... I was not impressed ! ... The copy I got did not yet have that "Numero" page you have just shown us either ??? (Unless of course I got a completely different catalogue altogether ??? Perhaps an older copy ???)