Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Smile Cuir de Lancome.

Well, this was a shot in the dark. I used reviews and opinions
    for this blind buy. Cuir de Lancome edp, very different, very nice so far. Leather is something new for me. Definately unisex material. It is so different I keep sniffing the back of my hand. Sort of exotic. but, not to daring and heavy.

Later assisment: Mellowing a bit, even better now. Use frugally as this fragrance is powerful. ***
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 17th September 2009 at 02:02 AM.

Hillaire

Default Re: Cuir de Lancome.

Sounds like you got lucky! I liked it enough to buy, too. I like its old-fashioned drydown especially.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Cuir de Lancome.

Hillair: I agree. I have not tried the Chanel Cuir de R. but, this one is sophisticated leather that lasts. No wimpy fragrance is this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    Sounds like you got lucky! I liked it enough to buy, too. I like its old-fashioned drydown especially.

bleu autumn haze

I've been very tempted to blind buy this too. Do you think it is very floral?
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Institution

One of those leather fragrances I still haven't tried. Turin had good things to say about it, that piqued my curiosity.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Cuir de Lancome is gorgeous and very unique. It's more of a woody floral than strictly a leather to me (I feel the same way about Bandit). It's smooth, a bit smoky and drydown that rivals the best of the genre. The best modern interpretation of a leathery fragrance.

Blog Entries

shadesofbleu: I would not call it very floral.very leather, woody, Not floral in the traditional sense. I am very satisfied. I don't think you will be disapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I've been very tempted to blind buy this too. Do you think it is very floral?
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 17th September 2009 at 02:52 AM.

Glorious scent. Should have done much better in the market than it did. At least it seems to be doing wonderfully on the secondary market.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

I also blind bought it from an online bidding site. It is a very smooth creamy leather scent. I would think it is closely related to Daim Blond.

Insofar as Daim Blond's suede + creamy apricots?

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I also blind bought it from an online bidding site. It is a very smooth creamy leather scent. I would think it is closely related to Daim Blond.

I also blind bought it in TKMaxx of all places. I reach for it alot. Now what I have noticed is the next day your clothes have what is to me sweat like smell. At first I thought I had forgot to put my deo on. But I was given a compliment by someone who asked what I was wearing. Nothing, but the fragrance had stayed on the tshirt I just threw on for a second morning.

Chanel Cuir de Russie is very much smoother and softer.
    DONNA

I also bought it in T K Maxx for 29.99, after receiving a sample from Soirdelune and liking it. It was the scent that "brought us together", if that doesn't sound like a cheesy lyric from The Carpenters!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

I bought Cuir de Lancome blind.

See my 2nd post in the "Scents that Instantly Repulsed You" thread

*gags*
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

I'm so torn on this one...I love Cuir de Russie to an INSANE degree....But at $8 for a ml sample on TPC and $45 for a blind buy bottle, it's a bit rich for my blood...

Is the leather very medicinal? (I'd consider SL Cuir Mauresque to be on the medicinal side) Or, is it a warmer, skin scent like CdR or a suedy softness like Daim Blond?

Argh! The angst!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Blog Entries

I don't find it medicinal. The start of the fragrances is a little intense but, then smooths out and the dry down is very nice. I have not tried the much compared Cuir de Russie but, on it's own I find Cuir de Lancome quite bottle worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by YouCanCallMeMo View Post
    I'm so torn on this one...I love Cuir de Russie to an INSANE degree....But at $8 for a ml sample on TPC and $45 for a blind buy bottle, it's a bit rich for my blood...

Is the leather very medicinal? (I'd consider SL Cuir Mauresque to be on the medicinal side) Or, is it a warmer, skin scent like CdR or a suedy softness like Daim Blond?

Argh! The angst!

Now, you see, I DO find it medicinal. But I don't dislike that, not one bit.

What interests me about this particular leather is that it is very warm and vanillic. I wouldn't normally go for that, but with its scratchy birch and styrax, it's sufficiently androgynous for me to enjoy.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

I find it to be a very 'correct' leather - kind of 'just leather', but maybe that's the combo of my duff nose and my skin. But I love leathers. I wish I could get to a TK Maxx to search for one!

Oooh, 3xasif - have you put your bottle up for sale on the marketplace here?
    Last edited by Wordbird; 18th September 2009 at 04:53 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Quote Originally Posted by soirdelune View Post
    Now, you see, I DO find it medicinal. But I don't dislike that, not one bit.

What interests me about this particular leather is that it is very warm and vanillic. I wouldn't normally go for that, but with its scratchy birch and styrax, it's sufficiently androgynous for me to enjoy.
    I also find it to be medicinal. You can smell the same medicinal-like notes in La Baiser du Dragon EDP. They even have the same colored juice!

Yes, 3xasif, DO tell us what became of your unloved Cuir.....
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Lovelove love it.
    A Guatemalan gent at work greeted me, blushed, and stammerred:
    "NOW, THAT is how women OUGHT to smell"...
    And ran away, LOL !

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Cuir de Lancome.

see next post.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 18th September 2009 at 10:56 PM.

Blog Entries

I have worn Cuir de Lancome for an entire day now and I think this juice is wonderful stuff. As I was driving in the car (outside temperature 100F), the air conditioner working great, I kept catching a wiff of leather that reminded me of leather car seats. It was the Lancome. All I need now is a Ferrari and sun glasses. N_Tesla rated * * * *
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 18th September 2009 at 10:59 PM.