Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: S o t D Thursday 17 September 2009

It's Dzongkha for me today. Really need to wear this more often, as I simply love it. Wishing all a wonderful day!

heart of ice

I'm off to my Rheumatologist appointment this morning, wearing just a tiny bit of Fumerie Turque. I have a hard decision to make regarding starting a new medication or keep trying my old ones a bit longer.

Hugs to ineespenes and to everyone else who needs or wants them.
    I've trademarked the color bleu
    Currently wearing: Hypnôse by Lancôme

Blog Entries

Vintage Cabochard

Leathery, smoky, lightly floral & a little soapy.
    This one makes you feel like a woman in control!
    Last edited by kumquat; 17th September 2009 at 03:18 PM.
    Currently wearing: Azurée by Estée Lauder

Blog Entries

I'm with Mo today. LHB.

My hips & knees have been keeping me from doing too much, including sleeping. OUCH.
    I'm going to try lemon juice in water today to help balance my system.

Also, I made some antibac spray today using essential oils & aloe vera gel. Smells wonderful!

Basenotes Institution

Mouchoir de Monsieur by Guerlain

Whenever I wear this, I feel impeccably well groomed. It's weird how a fragrance can do that.
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Joining Kumquat in the preposterously elegant vintage Cabochard.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Sharing the house with Ubu and Mike. Wearing a combo of modern Mitsouko edp and vintage Mitsouko I just bought (it's a little weak, maybe even a little off, but still pretty good and quite smooth).
    Yoikes, Kumquat, another fabulous foto! Bet you smell divine, too. Here's my humble perfume & pic. The charge card there's to show scale and make inference

Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

My experiments on layering Parisienne continue. Right now I have it over C&E original Evelyn (which is a fresh rose) and it is a very good combination. The musk softens Evelyn a bit and the rose note is strengthened. Quite pleasant.

I also tried some layering on paper. The results:
    Layered over AA Flora Nerolia-- very dirty smelling, blecch!
    Over Eau d'Hadrien-- weird, not to mention a waste of pre-reformulation Eau d'Hadrien
    Over Eau de Thé Vert Extrême -- produced a sickly candy smell
    Over AA Rosa Magnifica-- Rosa Magnifica completely overwhelmed and obliterated Parisienne.

So far the layering works best with --no surprise-- roses and violets. So tomorrow I'll layer it over Paris. Much as I like Paris, I find it a bit too strong and powdery, so maybe that combo will give me more use of my bottle of Paris. It's a shame to let it just sit there unused.

Big hugs to Ineespenes, big gentle hugs to Shannon and RHM, and more big hugs to anyone else here who feels like a hug from a big, loud, fragrant redhead would be just the ticket!

Today I'm breaking out the first of my two impulse Beautyhabit sale buys: Parfums de Nicholai Grand Vacances. It's a light-hearted, citrusy floral that will work beautifully in warmer weather (or sprayed on the bed linens in the dark of winter when I'm dreaming of sun and light air). I am enjoying it VERY much, but it doesn't quite fit my mood today. I'll be putting on another dose of Penhaligon's Elixir for the evening.

Grand Vacances notes include: Lime, assorted florals (including honeysuckle, I think!), and a very light dusting of cinnamon.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Iris by Prada

Aoud Shiny today; cannot seem to get into the swing of things this week. Hoping things will be better once I am actually in front of the classroom again next week.

Hugs for the blue and the ailing. Take care all.

Hugs to those in need today. I may be small, but I'm a good squeezer.

Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte

Blog Entries

Quarry, thanks for noticing the picture, but I stole this one from the net. I just got lucky & found a vintage that looks like mine!
    Currently wearing: Azurée by Estée Lauder

Kumquat, you are a bad influence! I think I can blame you and your photos and descriptions for over half of my wish list!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    Big hugs to Ineespenes, big gentle hugs to Shannon and RHM, and more big hugs to anyone else here who feels like a hug from a big, loud, fragrant redhead would be just the ticket!
    Hey, ComDiva - do you have a spare big hug for me? Most of my Yesterday was really pretty good - but it was tainted by a late afternoon meeting with a crazy person who thinks it's okay to insult people, lie, bully, and YELL...and people keep letting him get away with it. In any case, my nerves were shot at the end of the evening...it takes so much energy to stand up against bullies...

Hope today is much calmer.

SotD is Chanel No. 19

Basenotes Institution

RainDropSparkle- my friend in Hawaii - I am sending you hugs and kind thoughts too. There are some horrible people ! However - what goes round will come round !

This afternoon I am testing out Isabey Gardenia. This is really not very gardenia- like .... maybe a whiff or two here and there but my goodness- it reminds me of the original Poison ! Maybe not as strong but definitely on the same page.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Sous Le Vent

Blog Entries

I also wore Bluebell this morning in honor of a certain basenoter. Big hugs to RainDropSparkle. Bullies are the worst.
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

Quote Originally Posted by RainDropSparkle View Post
    Hey, ComDiva - do you have a spare big hug for me?
    You bet I do, sweetie. ((((RainDropSparkle))))

And give me a few minutes with your yelling bully... Mean people bring out the b*tch in me, and I'm certainly not above pointing out that the louder an opinion is expressed, the more likely it is that there's not a lot of brains behind the bluster.

And you smell divine, even if you're stressed out!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Iris by Prada

SotE is Caron's Eau de Reglisse. I'm really enjoying it, it makes me feel all warm & snuggly.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

SotE is Rumeur by Lanvin. Another rose.

Good night!

Basenotes Institution

30Roses, your combos crack me up, but do not mind me please and keep up the good job finding your one'n'only perfect combination!

Bullies -- I somehow am a magnet for them, they are attracted to me -- I used to be working for one who thought he was Napoleon, I am not sure though. Shrieking at the top of his lungs and making me cry would make his day. Glad it is long all over with. (I always think about what Napoleon said: "The army crawls on their belllies" -- quoting it from memory, so if I am wrong feel free to correct it -- meaning that good food is very important in the life of a soldier).

Hugs to inees too!

OK, I wore Parfum d'Hermes today.

Report for the day--my layering combo of JM Vanilla & Anise with Hermes Gentiane Blanche was rather dull, but thankfully tolerable. The bitter green and pepper did not go well with the vanilla, although I thought it might play nice with the anise.

SotE, not sure yet...

SOTE is Cuir de Russie for me. I was inspired from the Cuir Lancome thread.

I think that I too, will snatch a hug from ComDiva.

That's a beauty of a bottle, dear Q.
    Last edited by dimples; 18th September 2009 at 02:35 AM.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Blog Entries

Can I just tell you all how much I LOVE you? Thanks for the hugs and good wishes...today was free of screaming lunatic bullies, thank goodness...

Tonight I feel like a dab of something that says strength, calm, and good humor...hmmm...what shall it be...

Tom Ford
    Gary

Hugs to inees, raindropsparkle and Sunnyfunny

Today I wore the very edible and sweet Gourmand Coquin
    Evenstar

Blog Entries

Hi all!

If anyone's interested, I found that Jo Malone Vanilla & Anise layered really interestingly with her Nutmeg & Ginger. You wouldn't think it would work, but if you have samples, check it out...

My SOTD today was my first test of Tom Ford Arabian Wood.

The first thing that struck me was the unexpectedness of its peachy floral top, with just a pinch of citrus to liven it up. Later, just a touch of orris root and powder proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that whoever designed this had Mitsouko in mind, but with sandalwood, myrrh, and a touch of slightly-sour oud replacing Mitsouko's vanilla oriental base.

So is it a warm-weather Mitsouko? Or a masculine interpretation of it? Or a woody incense scent that just happens to share topnotes with one of the most famous scents available? Who knows... To me, it smells good, but not super-amazing. Hmmmm....
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??