Code of Conduct

Default Tuscan Leather: Wow

Dear BN,

as I was in very good Mood yesterday and simply wanted to make myself pleassure, I decided to finally check out that so much discussed Tom Ford Private Blend Collection, maybe already considering a Purchase, if I would find something great.

What I found were quiete some impressing Fragrances, a lot of them turned out quite different than the Name first made me think. Also, quite some of them were definetly really really not my case. I took my time, going for a walk out of the store again and again to relax my nose.

All of them were intresting (except, sadly, Oud Wood, which was simply a big nothing after 20 Minutes), but one stood totally out: The fantastic Tuscan Leather. I had no Choice than purchasing it, after smelling it again and again for one hour. While testing it, I checked on my Mobile The BN Reviews of it, which were not so great, as I saw. This really surprised me..!

I did not find a lot of discussion about this scent here, so I just wanted to ask for You peronal opinions about Tuscan Leather.

For me, it is NOT a single note fragrance, as a lot of the reviews mentioned. It is so incredible soft, deep and even a little hypnotic. The first thing that comes to my mind when I spray it on, is entering a majestic, mysterious place in arabia or somewhere in the middle east... i am impressed by this softness, such a tender scent! It stays on my skin very long, is not to loud but present always. After some hours, I can detect a silent tobacco note quite similar to that in tobacco vanille. Wonderful!!!

Tell me what U think about my latest purchase
    Last edited by YourSound; 17th September 2009 at 09:59 PM.

Default Re: Tuscan Leather: Wow

Quote Originally Posted by YourSound View Post
    While testing it, I checked on my Mobile The BN Reviews of it, which were not so great, as I saw. This really surprised me..!
    I thought it was pretty popular here. There was Tuscan Leather v. M7 thread awhile back and TL won easily. And M7 is pretty popular.

I like it, anyway. But I have to stand my the claim that it's pretty linear. It starts pungent and full of berries and birchtar. It takes about 20 minutes for that phase to calm down for me, but after that it really doesn't evolve much.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 8th October 2009 at 05:31 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I love it! It's like leather, berries and pencil shavings to my nose. Hehe.

One of my faves for sure.

Raspberries, cocaine and leather...what more do you want?
    Oh, on a Monday morning maybe something less exciting but you get the picture.
    It's linear but I don't mind at all. I mean, it's leather, then leather, then more leather and it smells great.
    Lasts all day and doesn't fill the room unless I over do it.
    Mmmm...one of my favorites.
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

I have just received my sample of Tuscan leather and I am wearing it now. It opens up with a real blast of quality new shoes leather fragrance with the raspberry/jasmine in the background. After a time the leather softens and goes into the background and the raspberry/jasmine come onto centre stage.

Its a very nice quality take on leather and the raspberry/jasmine work very well to help tame the leather so it does not overwhelm the senses. I like this its a unusual scent.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cbstarker View Post
    ...It's linear but I don't mind at all. I mean, it's leather, then leather, then more leather and it smells great...
    TL is one of those frags i wish remained linear and never evolved. One of the best scents in my world
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Sounds interesting I will have to try this. I really like tobacco vanille but don't know if I can pull it off. Btw please don't take offense but Its fun to read your post with a "borat" voice in my head. Is nice!
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

Basenotes Institution

Loved it the first time I smelled it - still love it!

Quote Originally Posted by cbstarker View Post
    It's linear but I don't mind at all. I mean, it's leather, then leather, then more leather and it smells great.
    Yep. As a leather fragrance not on par with Knize 10, Chanel´s Cuir de Russie, Tabac Blond, Azurée or Cuir de Lancôme but a very good scent anyway!

It will be my next purchase after I tested it a couple of weeks ago , I cant stop wanting to smell it more

I had a bit of a 180 on Tuscan Leather - at one point I determined it was FBW but the last time I wore it the raspberry note really threw me off and somewhat overwhelmed the rich leather. It's not my favorite leather by any means - but still a great fragrance and in my Top 3 TF Private Blends.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed00kills View Post
    Sounds interesting I will have to try this. I really like tobacco vanille but don't know if I can pull it off. Btw please don't take offense but Its fun to read your post with a "borat" voice in my head. Is nice!
    Haha, ok sorry, but when I am very excited about something, sharing my impressions in another language is especially difficult. Hope the "message" of my post got clear anyway

Who thinks this smells like cocaine?

Wink Re: Tuscan Leather: Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsugarman View Post
    Who thinks this smells like cocaine?
    ^^
    I guess those people who have or used to have cocaine habits. Not good for the brain.

I will have to spoil party. I recently sampled Tuscan Leather and definitely concluded I do not like raspberry topnotes nor do I really like leather fragrances. I really love the smell of a nice Italian leather jacket, but I do not want to smell like one.

Oh well, everyone is different.

TJ

Seriously dude, a lotta cocaine.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Loved it the first time I smelled it - still love it!
    amen brudder!
    top ten: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31, Bois du Portugal, Incense Rose, Millesime Imperial, Czech & Speake no.88, Terre de Hermes, Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro

Best layers: GIT and TdH, GIT and BA

sample wishlist: Roses Musk

Not for the faint hearted.............

Default Tuscan Leather

Tuscan Leather starts out warm with the raspberry. Because of this note, it is not a cold leather that I typically associate with an Italian leather. I prefer cold leathers. I do see the association with a car freshener but I think TL is a more refined fragrance that interplays between a cheap $2 whore and elegance. The fruit warms it up but a note is resembling the pencil shavings character borrowed from Gucci Pour Homme. The leather is ever present in the background. This is not a powdery leather nor is it pungent. It is a linear fragrance that is well crafted and made of fine ingredients. As Trebor has mentioned, this would be a great leather for those who don't tolerate leather well. It has outstanding longevity and moderate sillage. As mentioned, the color "brown" comes to my mind as well. While I find it completely wearable and enjoyable, I don't think the price is worth it.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 13th October 2009 at 08:59 PM.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Default Re: Tuscan Leather

This is one leather I need to sample. I find most leather fragrances overwhelming and many don't really smell like leather to me. Yes, TF fragrances are too expensive, but sometimes we just bite the bullet. BTW, linear is fine with me.

Wait does this really have cocaine listed as one of the official notes on the website?
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

Finally got a chance to sample this and all I can say is...whoa!...I really love it. While is not the raunchiest leather or the most timid leather I have ever tried, it certainly is the most illicit. There is sort of a "hurry up or we'll get caught" quality about it to me. Not sure what it is...but i think its quite sexy.

Regards,
    Steve

EDIT 10/15 - All I have to say is that this scent is freakin' persistant!...I sprayed my arm once yesterday to test it and it lasted and lasted and lasted. I put my coat on and went home. The sleeve of the coat, of course smelled like the TL. Went to bed, got up, took a shower and I could still smell the TL very clearly on my arm. Got dressed, put the same coat on, got to work, took the coat off and the arm of my shirt smelled like TL.

Sorry for the excrutiating detail, but I think it proves my point...

Regards,
    Steve
    Last edited by sjas1962; 15th October 2009 at 02:31 PM.