Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default Brooks Brothers Black Fleece

From mimifroufrou.com:

Brooks Brothers will launch a new duo of perfumes this Saturday September 12th 2009 called Black Fleece for Men (EDT) and for Women (EDP). If you thought that the brand was trying to be more democratic and issuing a recession-themed polar-fleece scented duetto, you would be mistaken. Either you go down-market or up-market to counteract the economic doldrums and Brooks Brothers have decided to go for the prestige option.

The Black Fleece perfumes are named after the clothing collection designed by Thom Browne and in reference to the mythological symbol of Jason's golden fleece. The fragrances actually correspond to a more upscale positioning than the previous ones.

"Both scents will be available in 4.2 oz. and priced at $125 each. In comparison, last year's New York scent collection was priced from $55 to $85."

Black Fleece by Brooks Brothers Eau de Toilette for Men was composed by Vincent Schaller of Firmenich. It has top notes of citrus and fresh spices; heart notes of geranium, bourbon and rosewood; base notes of patchouli, incense and vetiver.

Black Fleece Eau de Parfum for Women was created by Fragrance Resources perfumer Steve DeMarcado and the composition has an exotic source of inspiration, DeMarcado's travels to Istanbul. It has notes of amber crystals, molten incense, precious agarwood, gilded citron, Asian star jasmine, rich woods and incense.

The gray bottle is the men's, and the white, the women's. The set was designed by Sam O'Donahue who took inspiration from a ceramics set from the 1950s.

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds..._fleece_f.html
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Brooks Brothers Black Fleece

I'm a keen knitter (yup, spot the geeky bird ) and I've already spread the word about this new fragrance duo in the knitting community. I have to say that I like the list of notes for both of them. Not a pink peppercorn or a fruity floral to be seen. Hoorah!
    Last edited by Wordbird; 18th September 2009 at 05:50 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

I have been waiting for this one to come out. I like Brooks Brothers and the pay great attention the quality of there merchandise. With Black Fleece being their top line I am sure this scent will be impressive - InterPerfumes is marketing this.

Wow and I thought that Brooks Brothers only did barely there "country club" scents can't wait for this to come out
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

Sounds lovely. Look forward to sniffing this

I think in a recession people return to what is classic and safe- that pretty much describes Brooks Brothers.

BB is fairly upmarket anyways- sounds like they know that are aiming high.

LOVE the bottles.
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Either you go down-market or up-market to counteract the economic doldrums and Brooks Brothers have decided to go for the prestige option.
    That would be the correct option, I believe. Hope it works for them.

If anyone is interested, Brooks Brothers is having its friends and family sale today. 30% off everything!

Wow, those notes sound perfect for sampling!

Has anyone else sampled Black Fleece for Women? I tried it for the second time this weekend and found it to be really beautiful. Unisex IMO, and the bottle is really amazing.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 9th November 2009 at 03:20 PM.