Code of Conduct

Default Your family members' scents

My fam's not too big on scents (I'm the only junkie I guess) but methinks I'm getting to both my sisters heehee. Just curious on what your family / significant other uses (and putting only their most commonly used scents, to keep the replies short and interesting hehe)

Dad : for a long time, Quorum and Aqua Quorum
    now Hugo Boss Soul
    (I will soon nick the Adolfo Dominquez Vetiver I gave him coz he doesn't use it! Grr!)
    Mom : those just-like (blank) scents. Ugh. She says designer frags are too strong for her
    Sister 1 : Tommy Girl
    She's taking the Bar exams for 4 weekends this month, so I let her use my Nautica Blue coz she likes it so much
    Sister 2 : Gap Dream and Elizabeth Arden Green Tea
    Brother : Versace Blue Jeans
    Last edited by funhuntr; 18th September 2009 at 07:07 PM.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Your family members' scents

Grandfather (late) - Eau Sauvage
    Mum - Used White Linen regularly in the past, but now she just uses my stuff because I urge her to , she prefers mainly CK Be and Hermes Hiris. I think she is sick of fragrance because of me
    Aunt - CK Eternity (ladies'). I never tell her, but I really dislike that scent!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm literally the only person in my family who ever wears scents.

Mom doesn't like them, dad doesn't even think about them, sister just isn't into them. I don't recall smelling anything on any members of my extended family, however I do remember seeing an old bottle of Old Spice in my late grandfather's cabinet once. My cousin has a bottle of something, but it sits abandoned in his parents' house.

I wish they were into it!
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 18th September 2009 at 07:42 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Post Thanks / Like

My sister and I are the only ones in the family who really wear fragrances. My mom has an old bottle of Chanel No. 22 but she hardly ever wears it. My dad uses Old Spice but most other fragrances irritate him.

I dunno what my sister wears now but in high school she had bottled of Calvin Klein Escape and Emporio Armani She.

Post Thanks / Like

Dad - He has about 15-20 bottles. Most are the usual woody/fresh/aquatic designer stuff. The better ones IMO are Dunhill Edition, Gucci Pour Homme and Versace L'Homme.

Mum - Has about 10 bottles last time i checked. Her frags are kept in the drawer so i don't really get a chance to see. But i know she has Chanel No.5, Estee Lauder Pleasures Intense and Dior Poison and Ralph Lauren Safari.

Brother: Azzaro Chrome and CK One Summer 2006. Recently found out he had a few samples but he doesn't want to share

Grandmother (late): Chanel No.5 and Elizabeth Arden Red Door. She was a great fan of Yardley powders and soap
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Post Thanks / Like

My mom wears SJP Lovely, and my dad probably wouldn't wear anything if I hadn't hidden a bottle of Aspen in his underwear drawer.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember my Father wearing the usual frags most working class men his age wore. Brut, English Leather, Canoe and then when I got Older he upgraded to this new (then) frag called Paco Rabbane Pour Homme) smelled great on him, like it was made for him. Then he also wore Polo and others, what we now call classics. He got me my first Polo for my 17th birthday because I was using his stock. lol we still laugh about it. My Mom wore Tabu and White Linen. She always smelled nice. I'm the Oldest but I have 3 sisters amd 1 Brother. My oldest sister wears Coco Channel, mt 2nd sister wears Tommy Girl, my 3rd sister wears Dior Addict. My Brother wears Cool Water and Paco XS. My ex wife wore Coco Channel and Madamoiselle

Mom - White Diamonds (now) and Obsession (in the 80's)

vita odorifera
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Grandfather (late)- Patou pour Homme (gave me one also) VC&A Eau de Toilette, Jourdan pour Homme, you name it as at up to the 80s
    Grandmother (late)- Arabian scents in stoppered bottles, 50s and 60s classics, all forms of Tea Rose scents
    Father (late) - Old Spice, end of story
    Mum - 50s-current scents
    Wife - Large-ish wardrobe, niche/designer, mostly heavy scents
    Brothers - you name it..............

It ran/runs in the family ;-)
    Last edited by perfaddict; 18th September 2009 at 08:22 PM.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

Post Thanks / Like

I remember some of the perfumes my mother used to wear:
    L'air du temps - Nina Ricci
    Madame Rochas - Rochas
    Chloë - original
    Je reviens - Worth
    Fidji - Guy Laroche

Mother wears Spring Flowers, Pleasures or Sensuous

Father
    didn't wear cologne but used Old Spice aftershave and products religiously.

Brother wore Antonio Banderas Spirit until I gave him a bottle of YSL L'Homme for Xmas.

Fajah - has Old Spice and a bottle of Drakkar Noir that I gave him (it was a blind buy! lol) but hardly wears scent because...

Mother - hates all fragrances. No exceptions.

Sister 1 - never smelled perfume on her, but I've seen a few B&BW sprays in her cabinet.

Sister 2 - Likes DKNY Be Delicious, also uses various body sprays.

Sister 3 - more interested in perfume than my other family members, but not obsessed like us. Wears Flowerbomb and Angel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    Mother - hates all fragrances. No exceptions.
    Mine too!! She makes a face at me whenever she realizes I'm wearing a fragrance.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Mine too!! She makes a face at me whenever she realizes I'm wearing a fragrance.
    LOL! At least I'm not the only one. One of my mother's favorite pastimes is telling me my "perfume is feminine."

Post Thanks / Like

Father - from what I remember, I saw bottles of Brut, Paco Rabbane, Polo green. but now he wears nothing but Marks & Spencer's Woodspice body splash. it's great, and goes really well with cigarette smoke.

Mom- No idea. lol

Older brother: I Used to steal from him when I was about 12, I'd bring his bottles of EL Pleasures, Fahrenheit and I think it was Giorgio Beverly hills, I don't remember, the first two are still on my top 5 I'd say...

Younger brothers - they share, unwillingly (they'd rotate their frags with each other's) Lacoste style in play and Clinique Happy. what a fruity bunch.

Younger sister - she has a bunch of frags, Marc Jacobs Daisy, Bulgari Omnia, Ck Be, some INCANTOs, D&G Light blue, etc. she has bvlgari aqua, and I tried it and loved it, bought a bottle myself.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

No one in my family wears a scent of any kind, and make fun of me and get pissed at how much I spend on them. Rather annoying.

Post Thanks / Like

Dad - can't stand perfume and throws a fit when I have any on!
    Mother - always tells me "oooh that's nice" or "umm that's ok I guess." She wears Shalimar, Clinique Happy and Alien when my dad's not around
    Sister: SJP Lovely, Neiges and Nina by Nina Ricci - she absolutely loves the sample of Neroli by Czech and Speake that I gave her

Dad: Butch, chemical, screechy, overthetop, fresh, generic scents. And he douses himself everytime

Mom: Amazing taste. Has an affinity for the ultra-weird. I once smelled her Tubereuse Criminelle and La Myrrhe. She told me to go buy them right away!!! She also loves the classic chypres (Private Collection, Rose de Nuit, etc). She looooves Jean Claude Ellena. She has everything from the Hermessence line. She hates everything from Tom Ford except Moss Breches. She loves Plus Que Jamais and Metalys. She looooves powdery fragrances. Hates loud florals (Lipstick Rose, Sarrasins), and loud orientals (Musc Ravageurs, Eau Noire). She also likes incense frags (Bois d'ences, Epic Woman). However she loves (and has) all the Amouages. Her current favorite is Oranger Alhambra (go figure). She's a verrry modest sprayer. 3 sprays is way too much for her, even if it's something light like 28 La Pausa or Apres L'ondee. God bless her for blessing my obse...uh...hobby

Brother: Loves almost everything I have except Amber Absolute, Eau Noire and Miel de Bois.

Baby brother (9): Loves Diorling with a passion!!! We have a future perfumista on our hands

And the ENTIRE family loves OUD (except me!)

All in all, I'm pretty blessed to have a family that loves fragrances, and support whatever stupid decision I intend to waste my money on

Post Thanks / Like

Not too much research. I have two sisters and a brother and my parents and inlaws. The only thing I know are my brother, Fendi Uomo and my FIL, Old Spice and my mother Chanel No. 5. Obviously, since most of us here are collectors, I have like 23 different frags. When I visited my brother in Georgia I showed him my Basenotes warddrobe page.....he seemed....surprised, like: Jeez dude, WTF!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My mama wears Dolce Vita by Dior, it is her favorite, she also loves Tresor by Lancome, Hiris by Hermes, Saso by Shiseido, Eau Belle d'Azzaro and long has worn Femme and Mystere by Rochas. But her all time fave is definitely Dolce Vita

My late Father wore Pierre Cardin

My late aunt wore Cabochard and Azuree always

My hubby started out (when i first met him) with a bottle of Axe Voodoo, now he wears Fahrenheit by Dior, Arome 3 by D'Orsay, Knize 10, Habit Rouge and Yatagan.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Dad: Butch, chemical, screechy, overthetop, fresh, generic scents. And he douses himself everytime

Mom: Amazing taste. Has an affinity for the ultra-weird. I once smelled her Tubereuse Criminelle and La Myrrhe. She told me to go buy them right away!!! She also loves the classic chypres (Private Collection, Rose de Nuit, etc). She looooves Jean Claude Ellena. She has everything from the Hermessence line. She hates everything from Tom Ford except Moss Breches. She loves Plus Que Jamais and Metalys. She looooves powdery fragrances. Hates loud florals (Lipstick Rose, Sarrasins), and loud orientals (Musc Ravageurs, Eau Noire). She also likes incense frags (Bois d'ences, Epic Woman). However she loves (and has) all the Amouages. Her current favorite is Oranger Alhambra (go figure). She's a verrry modest sprayer. 3 sprays is way too much for her, even if it's something light like 28 La Pausa or Apres L'ondee. God bless her for blessing my obse...uh...hobby

Brother: Loves almost everything I have except Amber Absolute, Eau Noire and Miel de Bois.

Baby brother (9): Loves Diorling with a passion!!! We have a future perfumista on our hands

And the ENTIRE family loves OUD (except me!)

All in all, I'm pretty blessed to have a family that loves fragrances, and support whatever stupid decision I intend to waste my money on
    I nearly died of envy. You are lucky dude!

Post Thanks / Like

Dad - Royall Lyme by Royall Lyme of Bermuda, if anything at all.
    Mother - Haiku by Avon is pretty much all she wears anymore, again if she wears anything at all. She has a few other Avons, Dior Poison and Charlie but I haven't noticed any of these being used for a long time.
    Sister - Essential oils. Adverse to alcohol based fragrances.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Dad- Brut, Old Spice
    Mom - Guerlain -Champs Elysee, L'heure Bleue, Must de Cartier, Je Reviens, Chantilly...so many others..
    Sister- Jo Malones, Chanel Allure sometimes
    MY Husband - Gucci for Men ( new one in grey bottle ) , Tom Ford, Tommy Hilfiger
    The dog- Ma Griffe ()......ask my mother
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 18th September 2009 at 11:40 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Post Thanks / Like

Dad:
    Opium pour Homme EDP
    Yardley Gold

Mum
    Ivoire by Pierre Balmain

Sister
    B Men!!! (don't ask)
    D&G L'Imperatrice 3

Baby Brother
    he's too young but I'm hoping he will be a fragrance aficionado soon
    Last edited by Aerandir4; 18th September 2009 at 11:58 PM.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

I really like this topic because it brings back alot of memories! Almost everyone in my family was a scent junkie, and my grandfather's favorite scent is one of mine as well! Everyone had a good collection but I'm just going to list their favorites.

Dad: Cool Water, Chanel Egoiste
    Mom: Montana, the original in the red box
    Grandmother: Lu Air Du Temps (I know I spelled that wrong)
    Grandfather: I think I got my tastes from him, he loved bold scents! Monogram by Ralph Lauren was his favorite, along with Pasha by Cartier and Havana! Havana and Pasha became two of my favorite scents!

Today is my birthday, and if I could have anything today, it would be the ability to have dinner with my grandfather again.

Post Thanks / Like

fiancee - Hugo Boss Woman, Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche
    sister/mum - all from naomi campbell, naomagic is her best scent but it does not last for me on her ;D
    dad - guerlain vetiver, azzaro chrome (those I've bought him and now he luvz them)
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Post Thanks / Like

Pops doesn't wear any cologne. My mom uses Vera Wang - Princess (she used to use some estee lauder, cant remember the name)
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Hillaire

My poor dad is "Too Much Cologne Guy", but at least he loves cologne, and he has some pretty nice ones. The ones I associate with him are:

Azzaro Original
    Trussardi Uomo
    Fendi Uomo
    Halston Z-14

Mom hasn't wavered in forty odd years, and remains impeccable: Chanel Cristalle edt, O de Lancome,and Cabochard.

My son wears Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin...every day.
    Last edited by Hillaire; 19th September 2009 at 02:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Mom: Rive Gauche, Aromatics Elixir, Ysatis, Amarige, Organza, Bvlgari Pour Femme and Rose Essentielle

Dad: Jovan Musk, Eau Sauvage, Burberrys, Bvlgari Black, Dolce & Gabanna Pour Homme, Very Irresistible (he will basically try whatever's new and trendy)

Brother: Terre D'Hermes, Kenzo Tokyo, Rochas Man, Cartier Declaration

Sister: Flowerbomb, B&BW Black Amethyst, YSL Babydoll, Gucci Rush

Post Thanks / Like

Mom wore Paloma Picasso by P. Picasso and Il Bacio by M. Borghese.

Dad did not wear fragrance much (too many allergies.) Always had quite a few Avon bottles on his dresser, chiefly Wild Country in every shape and form.

Sister #1 uses Oscar by Oscar de la Renta

Sister #2 uses Lauren by Ralph Lauren

Niece uses Paris/YSL, Ysatis/Givenchy, Poison/Dior

Brother (who is not my brother, but is like a brother) uses Alloy/Melaleuca **Alloy is a Versace pour homme smell-alike with FAR superior longevity**

Girlfriend uses Jaipur Saphir/Boucheron, Sicily/Dolce & Gabbana, I Love Love/Moschino, Light Blue/Dolce & Gabbana
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 19th September 2009 at 05:58 AM.

Dad: More than 25 years with Polo Ralph Lauren
    Mom: Aqua di Gio and last years Cool Water
    Sister: Dolce Vita, Pink Sugar, Polo Sport
    Brother: He use whatever I use (we live together).....He like Azzaro, Safari, Rive Gauche.In general he think I have very bad taste in fragances.....
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

no one in my family(if extended, a lot of my cousins have more than a few bottles and some of my aunts always be smelling lovely!) is really into perfume. my mom has some, she has "mom" scents which i dont think she uses often, my dad don't use anything and my sister has been using paris hilton the original and Happy for a LONG time now. My sister pretty much hates every cologne with the exception of Dior Fahrenheit. I don't really use my bottle so i gave it to her to use
    Last edited by xclusive; 20th September 2009 at 01:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

My mom wears white linen, since, forever. It was always her and her sisters favorite. I did make progress by taking to her a Bond 9 shop and she fell in love with Harrods for her. I have since tried to get her to try more things but she says she isn't buying another perfume for years after spending what she spend on Harrods .

My dad has had the same bottle of Polo for about two decades now, he wears it very rarely. I think it's time to change that, I'm trying to get him to wear Vetiver but not sure if thats going to work...

My sis wears Daisy and she nabbed a bottle of Happy from her friend, but the next bottle she's getting is going to be a gift from me, and it will be niche .

My Grandma wore Joy when she was younger, a rich man used to buy it for her to try to win her over. She wore Red Door for a while until she decided that she was allergic to all fragrances. Now she wears the natural perfumes I make.

My other G-ma wore 1872 for women by Clive, until she realized she didn't really like it... Now she also wears what I make her. I took her to the CB I Hate perfume gallery and now she wears Smokey Tobacco only on cold days with her leather jacket.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at my aunt and uncle's house this weekend for a get-together and while I was looking through their bathroom for a band-aid (the cat bit me...haha), I discovered a bottle of Opium. I sprayed a couple shots on my wrist - so that's what my aunt always smells like! I've smelled this stuff on her for years, but since I had never actually knowingly smelled Opium before I had no idea. I think it's great on her but this pretty much means I would never be able to wear Opium myself since it will always just make me think of my aunt. That was a fun discovery though.

Post Thanks / Like

Good thread!

Father: Him and I have an eternal fight going on, that in my estimation will never end (we're both too stubborn). He believes that fragrance is for women only, that women don't want to smell a man that smells like a women, and that the only reason that men's fragrance exists is because it's the industries way of trying to make men effeminite. He won't change his mind, it's soap (dial, irish spring etc.) and his own "musk".

Mom: Estee Lauder Beautiful and Vera Wang

Brother: All of my stuff Though he does have an affinity towards stuff I don't really like anymore (L'Homme and Wall Street)

Sister: Don't know.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Post Thanks / Like

Dad- almost anything, but usually goes for Denim, Hattrick, 4711, Gillette Cool Wave
    Mom- Cabotine de Gres, Authentic Maroussia, Versace Blue Jeans (although a male frag), Spellbound by Estee Lauder, Yves Rocher Ispahan, Yves Rocher Pivoine and Yves Rocher Eau de Cedre Bleu

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No other real perfumista...
    My mom doesnt loathe perfume but doesnt love either, has got a few bottles on the shelf but I have never ever smelled anything (but i dont complain, its where i got my Eau the vert, Caleche and Opium Pour femme from ), Baby Brother is somewhat pleased with what i gave him (Coolwater Happy Summer, Silver Shadow Altitude, Dior Homme Sport , Lynx Click and the to come Blue Jeans) but thats pretty much it.

No colognisseur family...

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Dad- Brut, Old Spice
    Mom - Guerlain -Champs Elysee, L'heure Bleue, Must de Cartier, Je Reviens, Chantilly...so many others..
    Sister- Jo Malones, Chanel Allure sometimes
    MY Husband - Gucci for Men ( new one in grey bottle ) , Tom Ford, Tommy Hilfiger
    The dog- Ma Griffe ()......ask my mother
    LOL! I love dogs and perfume, but they might have allergies like people.

Mum: Chanel No. 5
    Dad: Old Spice, French Fern
    Sister: Obsession (usu. not into scent)
    Niece: Alfred Sung Shi
    Hubby: T&H 1805, Opium Pour Homme, Chanel Allure Homme
    His daughters: one Britney Spears Fantasy and D&G The One (I bought her the latter); the other, DKNY Be Delicious, Love Spell by Victoria's Secret
    Dogs: a drop of lavender essential oil rubbed on the coat!

I am the only perfume nut in the family who swims in the stuff...
    Last edited by Primrose; 20th September 2009 at 10:31 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.