Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Creed Spice & Wood

Anybody have more information on this? Zztop perhaps?

My Nieman Marcus Creed rep told me she will have a new fragrance, Spice & Wood in November. It will be flacons only, but the way she was describing the flacon; I suspect it will be quite expensive and marketed more towards people who would acquire it as a status symbol, rather than for the fragrance.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Default Re: Creed Spice & Wood

Interesting, and certainly news to me. It sounds quite nice actually. Thanks for the info!

Does anyone else find it crushingly annoying that when you enter creed wood & spice into google you get a gazillion pages containing the words creek, wood and spice because google thinks you've made a typing error and gives you the results for the 'corrected' search term?
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

The name Spice and Wood reminds me of Montale's Amber and Spice.

As a name, neither thrill me.

I have been out of touch with the Creed contacts for a while - the last I heard about Spice & Wood was when they announced the Private Collection was going to be reintroduced. I gotta say, the name Spice & Wood is very "Montale name generator" but if it turns out to be Bois du Portugal on acid and with a twist I will be a happy camper indeed..
    -

An update: Its one of the three Royal Exclusives. Awaiting notes.

More news: A Creed boutique will open on Madison Avenue, NYC in time for the holiday season. Another surprise: A private collection fragrance Creed Windsor (make for the Duke of Windson in 1936) will be introduced at the boutique and Saks.
    -

ZZ - can you get any more info about Creed's planned lineups? I sense some more discontinuations....
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Royal Exclusives? Maybe I haven't been paying attention to the Creed news lately (it does get tiring after a while), but this is the first I've heard of these. Is it just a name change to the Private Collection, or is it a new group altogether?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Blog Entries

Considering the pricing of some new Creeds (I believe Royal Ceylan is $200 for 50ml), they might be looking at revamping themselves and reclaim their position amongst the higher priced fragrances. After all the niche hoopla of the past few years, Creed suddenly finds itself relatively moderately priced.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Royal Exclusives? Maybe I haven't been paying attention to the Creed news lately (it does get tiring after a while), but this is the first I've heard of these. Is it just a name change to the Private Collection, or is it a new group altogether?
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Royal Ceylan smells like diluted krazy glue.

Mudassir, don't type things like "Creed is moderately priced". If you're right, then we don't want them reading that kind of stuff!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

As a newb perhaps I shouldn't even be posting in this thread. But am I to believe the price of creed and others like it are really about making the buyer feel special and actually has nothing to do with the frag smelling amazing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastamojo View Post
    As a newb perhaps I shouldn't even be posting in this thread. But am I to believe the price of creed and others like it are really about making the buyer feel special and actually has nothing to do with the frag smelling amazing?
    Bingo! You're average perfume costs between 30 cents and $1 to make. The recent Creeds are no more natural than any other perfume on the market, though they may be at rhe high end of the quality scale in terms of ingredients. But many of the recent ultra-expensive niches that dwarf Creed prices are just your usual cheapo cocktails as well.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    Mudassir, don't type things like "Creed is moderately priced". If you're right, then we don't want them reading that kind of stuff!
    LOL. So true.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Bingo! You're average perfume costs between 30 cents and $1 to make. The recent Creeds are no more natural than any other perfume on the market, though they may be at rhe high end of the quality scale in terms of ingredients. But many of the recent ultra-expensive niches that dwarf Creed prices are just your usual cheapo cocktails as well.
    Over the last year, I have been systematically sampling niche frags while buying my classic designers to wear and stockpile. Most of them ( not all) are no better in construction or quality than the designers I consider sought-after. A good portion of the niche I've tried have been surprisingly disappointing.

I have liked the Creeds I've worn so far, but what stops me from buying bottles is not so much the price, but they have the rep of needing to be used while they're "fresh". I need juice to have shelf life since I rotate quite a few.