Code of Conduct

Default Does L'Instant PH EdP smell like brownies ?

I've worn the EdT several times, and I read the reviews of the EdP. As I did, I decided to smell some cocoa powder. Not just for a second, but for quite a while, to get an idea about what it would be like as a frag, since so many reviewers have said that the EdP smells like unsweetened cocoa. There is a brownie type of scent, but also a kind of dry mustiness. It doesn't seem that compelling, at least as a frag. Has anyone actually compared cocoa powder to the EdP, rather than just saying this based upon an old impression?

Default Re: Does L'Instant PH EdP smell like brownies ?

I do not think of brownies when I wear this great scent as there is a lot more going on within its composition than cocoa although it is the dominant note running through it. The opening has warm citrus followed by the cocoa note then the floral/jasmine note kicks in behind the cocoa. After a long while I can detect some woods and the cocoa is powdery like opening a tin of cocoa but it's never alone there are other notes with it.

The basenotes I get a vanille cocoa muskyness and it is a delight to the nose and the fragrance lasts for twelve hours on my skin. I think its a fantastic scent and rate it highly.

I would say it's more like a powdery chocolate note than pure cocoa. It's prominent, but like Jack Hunter says, there's plenty of other things going on.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

A true gourmand that is a masterpiece

I get a powdery cocoa laced with some sweet spice. Love it. Brownies do not come to mind because I do not get a "baked goods" vibe from this.

Banned

No, it does not smell like brownies.

I don't get brownies either.

Worn L'instant Extreme 3 times this week. It certainly has an unsweetened,warm and a bit dry cocoa note.

About the sweetnes. Yes, the frag is sweet, but far from the sweetness level of some other frags. Again, its not the cocoa that is sweet. Its something else. That so great about class frags like this. The notes in the frag work together, but they dont actually just flow together in a big, confusing mix. You can actually pick things out seperatly.

Not particularly, but the EDT version does semll, at least in my opinion, like fudge which went very heavily on the sugar (almost a sugary "single note")

L'Instant EdP is not gourmand. It smells like a less sweet D&G The One with a drop of cocoa. Chocolate Greedy by Montale smells like chocolate cookies or brownies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I do not think of brownies when I wear this great scent as there is a lot more going on within its composition than cocoa although it is the dominant note running through it. The opening has warm citrus followed by the cocoa note then the floral/jasmine note kicks in behind the cocoa. After a long while I can detect some woods and the cocoa is powdery like opening a tin of cocoa but it's never alone there are other notes with it.

The basenotes I get a vanille cocoa muskyness and it is a delight to the nose and the fragrance lasts for twelve hours on my skin. I think its a fantastic scent and rate it highly.

very accurate description. I own this one, but don't use it very often. To be honest, I feel its way overrated around these parts. I guess if you threw a slice of lemon meringue pie in the microwave for 30 seconds...then took it out and dusted some cocoa powder on it and let it sit on the window sill. Thats kind of what it smells like.

I will say, this frag is well, well worth the price.

Quote Originally Posted by john916 View Post
    I own this one, but don't use it very often. To be honest, I feel its way overrated around these parts. I guess if you threw a slice of lemon meringue pie in the microwave for 30 seconds...then took it out and dusted some cocoa powder on it and let it sit on the window sill. Thats kind of what it smells like.
    Sounds like an accurate description of Hanae Mori, not L'Instant Extreme.

I have some pure organic cacao powder in my kitchen- no sugar or additives and it matches this fragrance with it's dry and powdery notes. I think Guerlain have done a wonderful job with this scent as they could have gone for a sweet mix but have delivered class mixed with a pinch of restraint which gives a real refinement.

No brownies here either. Great scent.
    La vita č breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tell you what it smells like - heaven.

not really brownies to me, but it does smell just like hints of cocoa with a floral background. it smells quite formal to me

Yeah, it smells like pudding. I don't wanna smell like pudding. Ergo -------------> EBAY!

It smells just like the EDT except for the darker cocoa note. It's like the difference between unsweetened milk chocolate and unsweetened dark chocolate.

I don't get a brownie association.

To me it smells like an egg cream or root beer float with some chocolate sauce mixed in.

And I'm surprised there is no vanilla or even tonka bean listed in the notes because I swear I smell vanilla in the base ( i could be misinterpreting the cacao).

Not brownies or any baked or candy chocolate. It is unsweetened Cocao and as said before it is all the way through but not dominant. Alot going on in this frag and it is very nice to wear.
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel