7 12.73%
  • L Anarchiste

7 12.73%
  • L Instant Extreme

14 25.45%
  • other

11 20.00%

Default 20 year school reunion

In October my high school celebrates our 20th anniversary, that is 20 years since I graduated from high school.
    Looking forward.. I was a trouble maker and not the best student. Then I left the country and graduated from University with honors, completed my MBA and got a very "interesting" life. I have not seeing most of my classmates so this is going to be.. weir.
    The big question is.. what to wear? My ex girlfriend is attending, my worse enemy is going, people that I liked and disliked.. etc.
    I want to take the opportunity to surprise some that never believe in me as well as closing a couple of sentimental episodes that were unfinished. (man.. I think I am explaining too much already).
    I have been thinking about Knize Ten as my first option or perhaps Yatagan, even Kouros but I am sure many will wear that. By looking at my wardrobe what would you be wearing? L Anarchiste is also a firm candidate.
    Dress code is : informal (dinner, drinks and dance)
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Default Re: 20 year school reunion

now is when I need it Lonestar Memories

Looking at your drobe, I think I'd go with Givenchy Gentleman if you're looking to make a statement, but do it with class.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

meaning the other options do not have class?

Knize Ten got my vote, it is mysterious-sexy-challenging.

What do you want your scent to convey??

Knize 10.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I hav not tried it so I can't say anything about it, but from what I have read around, Knize 10.

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    I also think this could be vital information.

I'd go with Bois du Portugal. It conveys power and masculinity, it's sufficiently unusual (among mortals ), but even non-perfumistas are often attracted to the smell. Knize Ten probably smells weird and off-putting to many people with little knowledge of perfume. It even does to some people with knowledge of perfume (I quite like it myself - now).
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    meaning the other options do not have class?
    Of course not. I just think that GG in particular has a lot of class, but still conveys a great deal of character and uniqueness.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Out of the choices given I went with L'Instant - very suave, classy juice.

L'Instant Extreme ftw! You are trying to show them you've changed from being a trouble maker right? IMO I'm kind of thinking some of the other choices may lean a little more towards the "bad boy" image LOL.

I can never plan that sort of thing, it all depends on my mood at the time I'm picking.

I would go for Knize Ten.

liberal sprays of Dior Homme

Aww, hmmmmm, very very nice, suitable options.

However i think i wuold go with Knize 10 !!!

This being an informal event, I'd want to establish myself, my hobbies and my ego!
    well, Knize does that all at once.

I dont think theres much to spoil at such an event. The people who loved/liked you will appreciate you for being daring and innovative, those who didnt and dont will be pissed off by your much to obvious presence.
    Last edited by timaru; 21st September 2009 at 10:36 PM.

Basteri? A trouble maker?? I'm SHOCKED!

I'd have to agree with LiveJazz for Givenchy Gentleman or TGL for Bois du Portugal. However, if you're bound and determined to stick with the list, I'd go with K10.

At least you shouldn't have to worry about generational issues....
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Another vote for Bois du Portugal
    For swap/sale: Vintage Tiffany for Men, Histoires de Parfums 1740 Marquis de Sade, 1 Million Absolutely Gold, Prada Amber pour Homme DELUXE version, Loewe Pour Homme, Pure Malt 2013, Floris Vetiver, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

I'd wear L'Anarchiste or something even more user friendly like Green Irish Tweed.

Now your reunion sounds exactly like my one 2 years ago. Treat it like the casual event that it is and relax as much as possible, it'll be great. My reunion was attended by my ex who ended up marrying one of my schoolmates, akward? Not as much as I thought it would be.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

October in Spain? Autumn. A bad boy turned refined..

this all points to L'Anarchiste. It will fit perfectly with the weather, season, and the level of formality (or not) of the event. Add to that the way the name and development of the scent mirrors your own development and I think it is an obvious choice.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 22nd September 2009 at 07:16 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I personally would go with L'Instant Extreme, out of those choices. ... And mostly because I think it's the one frag that is most likely to be liked by the largest amount of people. ... After all, you are wanting to impress, and smell attractive to whomever will be close enough to catch a whiff.

Both Yatagan and Knize Ten have the tendency to put off the majority of the public. They are both quite challenging scents. They will just land up thinking that you smell strange or odd ! ~ Seriously !

I mean, I am a perfume addict , and after a long while of adjusting, I now really like Knize Ten. But it took some time and "adjustment" before my nose learned to appreciate it. ... As for Yatagan, it is much worse ! ... I'm sorry, but it still rates as my worst frag ever ! ... And everyone I know hates the stuff. Every time I wear it, someone asks "What is that awful smell ??? ~ No lies ! ... There is just no getting used to that one for me, I'm afraid !

Also ... the other thing I suggest. Is wear the one that you luv the most. There must be one in you 'drobe at the moment, that you just find totally intoxicating ?? ~ I would wear that one !

good feedback guys, thank you, Knize Ten would be my first choice but some of you are right, it might be too extreme and not pleasant to most noses.. I think I should settle with something in between waters.. L Instant Extreme can be a firm candidate. Keep your opinions coming please!

Why do you need ur scent to be pleasant since u were trouble maker

I'm not familiar with any of those scent u listed, but choose the strongest and most offensive one .

they will instantly recognize u i think
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

trouble maker in a healthy way, driving teacher crazy and getting into some fights, a rebel without a cause :-)

Sur la Plage

Of the ones you listed - only L'Instant Extreme (not L'Anarchiste, Yatagan or Knize Ten).

From the rest of your wardrobe - Bois du Portugal.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sybarite View Post
    both yatagan and knize ten have the tendency to put off the majority of the public. They are both quite challenging scents. They will just land up thinking that you smell strange or odd ! ~ seriously !
    i agree!

Snafo : yes I was a little "hyperactive" .. a little menace. Now I am big menace :-)
    Thanks guys. I am still thinking what to wear.
    How about Santos Concentree? Encre Noire... difficult decision .

Wow i just had a look at ur wardrobe. Drown ur self in 5-6 sprays of kouros all over ur body and ur good to go. . And i'm pretty serious.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    ???

convey? well.. that I am an improved version of me, that I am successful , that I dont care what the others might think about the past? That I am mysterious as nobody knows what I do. I vanished 20 years ago, this is my comeback... something in those lines..

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Havana (vintage I assume). End of discussion.
    Last edited by kbe; 22nd September 2009 at 06:21 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I would agree with Havana... I think Knize Ten, Yatagan, & BdP would run the risk of being offensive especially to untrained noses... While Havana is definitely edgy, there is a warmth and sweetness there that makes it very well received (at least when I wear it)... I also think it's mature and sophisticated enough to convey what you want, while being adventurous enough to give a small nod to your troublemaking days...

Go with the frag that makes you feel most confident, well turned out, and might be just a little bit "in your face"! Also, if you have a particular scent that is a real compliment getter - wear that! Best to you!

knize 10
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

Havana is also a good idea, it escaped my radar, good call.
    Knize Ten seems to be favored by most for the occasion ...it is getting harder to make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    convey? well.. that I am an improved version of me, that I am successful , that I dont care what the others might think about the past? That I am mysterious as nobody knows what I do. I vanished 20 years ago, this is my comeback... something in those lines..
    Whichever of your Creeds is your favourite; unless you love either of the Etros more.

I like my Creeds and my two ETRO´s but now(today) that I got Chergui it could be also an option to take into account (I spray it one hours ago only, but it has little sillage from what I am smelling)